Why does this rocket keep flipping?

This rocket that I have designed to deliver a rover to duna keeps flipping immediately after launch. I have tried adjusting fins, fuel tanks, thrusters, and throttle. I have also tried launching with and without SAS on and it flips over no matter what. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my rocket?

20200613181413_1(2).jpg?width=337&height20200613181356_1(2).jpg?width=337&height20200613181403_1(1).jpg?width=337&height20200613181422_1.jpg?width=337&height=20

IMMEDIATELY? As in, you hit space, it flips?

Is the probe core upside down or sideways? If you try to hold prograde and your probe core is upside down you're going to be sad.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think is it's got heavy engines (and lots of them) in back and a big draggy bubble out front, so it would naturally want to fly backwards. See the COM sphere way down on the bottom of the craft. That's bad.

You can fix that by making it taller and having a top stage that doesn't get used until you're high up, or even in space. That fuel up top will help keep your COM forward. Also, don't have 2.7 TWR at launch. Go for like 1.6 or so. You're going to fast too low, and that plus a super light and draggy payload is a terrible combination.

one option is that the core may be reading upside down. when you are on the launchpad, look at the navsphere. does it show you pointed towards the sky? or does it show the ground or the horizon? in the latter case it's the core being upside down, so the rocket tries to orient itself backwards. if you right click on the core you have an option to change orientation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.