Clydesdales keep on falling off.

In the last frame of the video you still have two SRBs (and one liquid fueled engine) in the first stage, so I don't think they actually fell off but they are "only" flopping around. (Yes, at some point that will cause them to break off.) The reason they do that is because they are *bleep*ing heavy and that tiny weld spot isn't going to hold them.

Autostruts do help! But use "to grandparent": "to root" will just transmit the load to your root part which is probably small and cannot take the load (so the SRBs keep flopping around), and "to heaviest has the nasty habit of changing around while tanks get lighter as fuel is burnt. Regular struts help even more.

And I see that you seem to have two pairs of radial decouplers in the second stage. Have a look at the discussion in: boosters not coupling correctly with hydraulic detachment manifold (and several other threads...)

1 hour ago, AHHans said:

In the last frame of the video you still have two SRBs (and one liquid fueled engine) in the first stage, so I don't think they actually fell off but they are "only" flopping around. (Yes, at some point that will cause them to break off.) The reason they do that is because they are *bleep*ing heavy and that tiny weld spot isn't going to hold them.

Autostruts do help! But use "to grandparent": "to root" will just transmit the load to your root part which is probably small and cannot take the load (so the SRBs keep flopping around), and "to heaviest has the nasty habit of changing around while tanks get lighter as fuel is burnt. Regular struts help even more.

And I see that you seem to have two pairs of radial decouplers in the second stage. Have a look at the discussion in: boosters not coupling correctly with hydraulic detachment manifold (and several other threads...)

when ever is use autostruts they fail to seperate.

6 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

You should really try to give people some screenshots of the actual attachment situation of the SRBs instead of filming what you're currently watching on Youtube.

obs got [snip] and screenies wont give enough info.

6 hours ago, AHHans said:

Are you sure that they are connected to the decouplers and not directly to the central core?

yes

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by Moderator

Here's a few things that might help:

• Struts
  • More struts
  • Even more struts
  • MOAR STRUTS!!!!!
  • Autostruts - specifically from the boosters to the grandparent part, and from the nosecones on top of the boosters to the root part
  • MOOOOAAAAAAR STRUUUUUUUUTS!!!!!

Big, heavy boosters attached via a single small connection point will be unstable, to make them more stable you need struts to hold them in place, or you could try the ReCoupler mod which will let you attach them to several radial decouplers which might be a bit more stable. Whatever you're doing, the boosters will decouple away from the rocket's centre of mass so put the decoupler quite high on the core stage and then attach the boosters and move them down to the desired position to make them detach so that the pointy end gets pushed away from the core to avoid unwanted collisions and subsequent unplanned stage separation/explosions/loss of rocket; sepratrons help here too, though for a booster as big as the Clydesdale you might need a few of them per booster to push it away properly.

This may help you. I moved in the camera and pointed it down so you can see the decoupler for a Clydesdale booster attached to a TT-38K radial decoupler. The context menu shows that the Clydesdale is set to Autostrut: Grandparent part. Notice that when I move my mouse over the decoupler, the Clydesdale is also highlighted, indicating it is attached to the decoupler. I'd recommend you do the same thing and see if your booster gets highlighted. If it doesn't light up then you don't have it properly attached.

ij1vfOz.jpg

6 hours ago, JakGamingKSP said:

screenies wont give enough info.

It would be far easier to see what's going on with a set of still pics, rather than a jumpy video where we don't get to see the build.  

Unless you have timed the liquid fuel engine stage to run dry at the exact same moment that the SRB's do, you need to attach the boosters using a radial decoupler.   I really doesn't look like it in the very little time I had to look at it in the video.   It is though, very easy to attach a decoupler to the main core, and then think you're attaching your SRB's to the decoupler, but miss the click and also attach them to the core.   It happens often enough that I still double check this on every build.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.