25:56: I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS!

37:40: MUSIC!

41:10: oh he's definitely gonna run over it XD

52:00 aw, he didn't get to run over it. 

1:20:00: NICE!

Overall first episode reaction: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE IT

39 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

07: THE INTRO OMG!!!

OMG YES. One of my favorite part of anything ever is music. Calm and nice, to complement a beautiful intro.

It was amazing. I recently reread Emiko to catch up, and seeing it and remembering the story fresh was great. Masterful.

hey... maybe add a praise section to the Ep. 2 trailer... Hollywood stule.

42 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

List of reactions (and timestamps)

<Snipped for not having two walls of text on the same page> T

you’re saying it like you haven’t read it... ;)

uou better have read it

3 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I like coke

one thing that’s absolutely masterful: spoilers:

Oh, agreed! 

Spoiler

When Oraldo told me he was going to end at Chapter 15, I laughed and thought to myself, That is soooo evil!!!
And I mean that in the best way!!!
Chapter 15 was my first really evil cliffhanger... far worse than what I had done up to that point. I literally debated it for several days before getting up enough courage to post it. But everyone both loved and hated it... and screamed for more... hehehe... which meant it was a really good cliffhanger.
So ending this first installment there is perfect, and absolutely keeping with the Emiko Station tradition of cliffhanger endings... bwaahahaha 

48 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

OMG YES. One of my favorite part of anything ever is music. Calm and nice, to complement a beautiful intro.

I soooo agree with this, too!!!  The soundtrack is outstanding... from the slow pretty parts up to when things really start to it the fan, each track hits the mood perfectly.

Thank you everyone, I feared that it was maybe bad, but that i could'nt see it..

It's been alot of work, much  more than I anticipated, but I think it was worth it :) 

Thanks again JustJim and everyone who watched it.

Now... Time to think op Emiko Station Ep02! HEHEHHE ;) 

5 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

I have, I have, it's just been a while. 

Well honestly I wasn't sure at all about the subtitles, font, etc... Next time I can definitely do two wall of text per page. It's actually faster for me.

One other thing I really like, and I wasn't sure about this until i saw the final product, is I really like how @Oraldo revak separated this by chapters, instead of just doing one long video with no break.

Emiko Station was always meant to be like a campy 1950's-60's sci-fi movie, or TV series... and having this also separated by chapters really drives that "weekly TV series" feeling home.  Again I am so honored and impressed... thank you, Oraldo.

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

So, @Just Jim, while we're on the topic of cliffhangers and follow ups/sequels...

Emiko Station 2 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease??? :wink:

Everyone wants me to write it in KSP2... and so do I.
But unfortunately that means I have to wait like everyone else. 

42 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Everyone wants me to write it in KSP2... and so do I.
But unfortunately that means I have to wait like everyone else. 

awwww maaaaaan... well, at least you can get a story written beforehand though so all you have to do is screenshots!

(also, no KSP Team perks? No early edition copy?)

Edited by Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

1 hour ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

awwww maaaaaan... well, at least you can get a story written beforehand though so all you have to do is screenshots!

(also, no KSP Team perks? No early edition copy?)

I can think out the story, true, but that's it. I have nothing to do with KSP2... period.... and we're getting off topic.

To bring it back, this gives Oraldo lots of time to work on more movies!!!  :D 

18 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I can think out the story, true, but that's it. I have nothing to do with KSP2... period.... and we're getting off topic.

To bring it back, this gives Oraldo lots of time to work on more movies!!!  :D 

Oh yes I have a lot of projects And when I means projects, I mean videos that are mostly written and have 99% to exist in the future.

8 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Wow. Just wow.

Also, since it's been literal YEARS since I reread most of Emiko station, I spent nearly the entire time just thinking "OH THAT! I REMEMBER THAT!". Well done.

For me it was the opposite. I re read Emiko in full this April, to prepare for the movie. My feeling was “yeAH, I remember, wow it’s so well done!”

I imagine both are mostly the same... or at least, correspond to this being as good as it is

*resists urge to say “masterpiecr*

The only thing that I’m not sure of in the movie is just one little nitpick, it’s fine. In Chapter 9, when a bomb hits the Tracking station, if I’m remembering correctly, it was some kind of frag bomb, or at least explodes in midair.  Just a little nitpick, it’s still a...

*googles synonyms for masterpiece *

...paragon

Edited by HansonKerman

On 7/5/2020 at 3:53 AM, Oraldo revak said:

Well honestly I wasn't sure at all about the subtitles, font, etc... Next time I can definitely do two wall of text per page. It's actually faster for me.

the only thing I want in subtitles is Thompberry’s signature gurgles and bubbles, and to complement, gurgles in the audio file

42 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

he movie is just one little nitpick, it’s fine. In Chapter 9, when a bomb hits the Tracking station, if I’m remembering correctly, it was some kind of frag bomb, or at least explodes in midair.  Just a little nitpick, it’s still a...

Yep, but it was very hard to film that.. I've tried, in one of the shot, you can see it's seperate at a moment. 

4 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

The only thing that I’m not sure of in the movie is just one little nitpick, it’s fine. In Chapter 9, when a bomb hits the Tracking station, if I’m remembering correctly, it was some kind of frag bomb, or at least explodes in midair.  Just a little nitpick, it’s still a...

Stuff like that doesn't bother me. I already know... probably more than most... that because of the way the game is made, it's almost impossible to get the exact same results each time, even using the same save, craft, etc... 
For me the more important thing is the feel... and that was perfect... especially those couple minutes right after the explosion. It was horrible in all the right ways.  :0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

IMO, this thread deserves a TOTM visibility boost... I only happened across it while posting my own thing and, while I haven't watched the whole movie yet, am enormously impressed by the thought and care that has gone into making it look so effortlessly stylish.

@Dman979

Edited by dnbattley
Typo

39 minutes ago, dnbattley said:

IMO, this thread deserves a TOTM visibility boost... I only happened across it while posting my own thing and, while I haven't watched the whole movie yet, am enormously impressed by the thought and care that has gone into making it look so effortlessly stylish.

@Dman979

Been there, done that, I also requested it to be considered as TOTM ;) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.