Oraldo revak

Emiko Station : The Movie

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

 

EMIKO STATION : THE MOVIE

 

 

 

Hello, I'm Oraldo Revak ( xDark Monkeyz on Youtube) I'm a Ksp cinematic creator. 

I've already done a lot of KSP cinematic available on my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdk9H5sJyeA046xm0ImxSoA?view_as=subscriber

 

Recently, I've had the very good privilege to have @JustJim authorized me to adapt his Fan Fiction "Emiko Station" ( 

) into a cinematic.

 

I've been working since April on a 1h30 video, of the first 15th chapters.

I'ver scheduled at least 5 video of more than 1 hours in order to cover the 100 chapters. 

Here is the link of the first episode: 

 

Thank you, I hope for your feedback guys ! 

 

Ps: I'm French so sorry if my english is bad. And don't worry I have someone who correct grammar in my videos.

Edited by Oraldo revak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone... that's right!!! And I could not be more honored, or excited, to see this actually happen!!!

I would not let just anyone make my Emiko into a movie. But I am already a big fan of the Oraldo's MoHole series, so when he reached out to me about a possible Emiko cinematic , I immediately said Yes!!!

This is going to be fun!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Now I don't feel so bad I can't go out to the cinemas, something to look forward to!   Can't wait!

Edited by Maxsimal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this too! Excellent trailer as well - really does the job of stoking excitement for the real thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First you had my interest, now you have my attention.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have any original stuff to say. It looks phenomenal. I’m 

4 hours ago, KSK said:

Looking forward to this too! Excellent trailer as well - really does the job of stoking excitement for the real thing!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

 *mobster turret voice* “O boi, I can't wait! Mhahahahahahaha...”

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vagrant203 said:

*wordless glee*

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oraldo revak, did you base the dialogue on the actual story? And, did you use the actual craft from the story, or have they been modified or changed?

Emiko Station

July 1st 2020

(Normally)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

@Oraldo revak, did you base the dialogue on the actual story? And, did you use the actual craft from the story, or have they been modified or changed?

Emiko Station

July 1st 2020

(Normally)

I used the same craft (JustJim gave them to me), and also added "Interior" craft (like meeting room, the tracking station etc...) All the dialogues in his story are in the movie. I also added immersive and "For the purpose on the video/context" dialogues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Oraldo revak, okay, good, cause I don't want it to be like some movie adaptations of the book where it has events not shown/cut out of the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mikenike said:

Okay, good, cause I don't want it to be like some movie adaptations of the book where it has events not shown/cut out of the movie.

Let me jump in... Some things will change a little bit, sure... but that's to be expected in order to keep the movie flowing. There's no way around it, and I totally approve. I've seen a couple previews, and yes, some spots were changed a bit. But like Oraldo mentioned, he also added in a couple really cool new things, like a new meeting room and tracking station... and I love them. They look like something I'd make, and really help tie things together.

I think the biggest, and most fun, change for me is seeing all the new part revamps, and terrain shaders, that have come out since I wrote Emiko. I'm seeing my old ships, but with some really cool new colors, and the Mun and Minmus with the new shaders. That is really awesome.

Edited by Just Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

But like Oraldo mentioned, he also added in a couple really cool new things, like a new meeting room and tracking station... and I love them. They look like something I'd make, and really help tie things together.

I think the biggest, and most fun, change for me is seeing all the new part revamps, and terrain shaders, that have come out since I wrote Emiko. I'm seeing my old ships, but with some really cool new colors, and the Mun and Minmus with the new shaders. That is really awesome.

Yeah, I often read a few of the beginning chapters, when it was all the station and introducing the Kerbals, no Thompberry, no Krakens, no Hoomans...

and marvel at how ugly KSP was back then holy frick. It’s nostalgic in a way... Back in 0.23... before asteroids and career mode... Hey look at that, my first save was older than Emiko Station.

 

 

now now, this does mean that I expect the movie to be what the Harry Potter movies were to the books :sticktongue:. Maybe not thaaaat good. But I do want it to be something like that. Not a masterpiece... but enjoyable by the viewers and author, and most importantly... even with all that... one that makes you want to read the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

*cough Percy Jackson cough*

what? I read some of those books... occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

*cough Percy Jackson cough*

*cough A wrinkle in time cough* *cough most book to movie adaptations cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikenike said:

*cough A wrinkle in time cough* *cough most book to movie adaptations cough*

yeah, it’s an unfortunate situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VA7NFH said:

*cough Artemis Fowl cough*

I like the book series but I never saw the movie for this reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, Mikenike said:

@Oraldo revak, okay, good, cause I don't want it to be like some movie adaptations of the book where it has events not shown/cut out of the movie.


I think it depends on the book... and the movie. Something like the Dune Movie... blecchhh...  Nope, just can't be done in one movie. 
But on the other hand, I think the first part of the Fellowship of the Ring was brutally chopped... with awesome results. By getting rid of the chapters about Tom Bombadil, and just focusing on the Ring Wrathe instead, it made the whole first part a terrifying chase from the Shire all the way to Bree. I don't know what Tolkien would think... but I applaud Jackson for taking that risk.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.