KSP Loading... Preview: Suit picker!

St4rdust

Just now, nestor said:

Can't speak for Enhanced Edition at this time but I'll make sure people are aware of these concerns. 

Thanks for that....that helps ease concerns.

100% switching to pc.....

Edited by Lewie

1 hour ago, micha said:

Funnily enough I just added this feature to ShipManifest.  The latest version lets you upgrade Kerbals to "Veteran" status..

Really? I've been using Earn Your Stripes for that.

33 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

Really? I've been using Earn Your Stripes for that.

Getting a tad off-topic, but nifty, hadn't looked at that mod before.  I was just fixing part of SM's roster management, and decided it was easy enough to add. Doesn't do anything fancy like EYS's flight hours or anything though.  *shrug*

16 hours ago, DST Studios said:

It seems everything people where excited about with ksp 2 is now going to be updated into ksp. 

Interstellar colonies, interstellar, colonies, multiplayer, continuous burn maneuver nodes, futuristic propulsion, better G force system, those are being put into KSP? I doubt it.

22 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Could we please assign default colours to Pilots, Engineers and Scientists?  That would be very useful!  This could be done in the Astronaut Centre.

THIS.  That's the primary (ONLY, really!) reason I use Texture Replacer -- so I can quickly and easily distinguish the different specializations via colored EVA suits.

Pilots are gold, Scientists are blue, and Engineers are red--the way God and Roddenberry intended.  (Tourists are green.  Obviously.  Think about it.)

Or, failing that, I want the ability to define a suit design for each Kerbal by name and make it "sticky" so it stays the same from one mission to the next.  Because I am NEVER going to remember to go into the UI and (re)set each crewmember's suit to the correct color at launch time.  (Heck, I'm doing well to evict Jeb from the pilot's seat--AGAIN--and remember to load the crew I intended.)

43 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Let us remember @Just Jim’s TextureReplacer suits and how Squad made them stock years later

Thanks. But I have to be honest, adding suit picker was not my idea. I really like it... but I can't take credit for it.  

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

ahhh, thanks. But I have to be honest, adding suit picker was not my idea. I really like it... but I can't take credit for it.  

ehehehe it was a joke lol. You can’t deny the similarities between your simple colored suits and this cool thing

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

too bad we can't do the same for IVA suit so we can have the blue suit of the 1.10 esa trailer picture

That suit is available as an EVA suit through the suit picker. It's just a variant of the standard suit.

I do second the motion that it should be able to switch IVA suits as well though. Maybe I'll open a bug tracker ticket for that.

40 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I do second the motion that it should be able to switch IVA suits as well though. Maybe I'll open a bug tracker ticket for that.

Technically it isn't a bug... technically.
But please, by all means write up a feedback for IVA suits. I really don't disagree with you on that. 

17 hours ago, Gabriel B said:

Hi ! Guys i am thinking i am having a problem, i change the texture on Suit picker, but it doesn't change in game. Can you help me ? :o

Do you have Texture Replacer installed? If so, update it and disable "Personalize Suits" in the menu. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.