What is the Hardest Planet to get to

Currently I am trying to find a good challenge to do. I mostly want to go to all the planets in the game so the hardest to get to would be nice. I already went to Eve, Duna, and Jool so I was wondering if Moho, Dres, and Eeloo would be hard to get to?

Eeloo is just a bit further than Jool, at a times it's even closer

Dres is on a weird orbit, but that one needs only a plane change in the middle of flight

Moho, from these three, needs ridiculous amount of delta-v to get captured from the transfer orbit.

Also you've been to Jool, how about all its moons?

I am currently working on getting to Moho and you were right about it being hard. It took me about 10 minutes to get into a good enough place to get a encounter with it. And I even had to go to Eve because going to it from Kerbin was going to take hours. 

Oh great my engines are overheating from doing a capture burn for so long.

13 hours ago, MarsBy2024OrBust said:

Moho is the hardest. Eeloo and Dres are kinda easy.

I made it to Moho after a hour of getting maneuvers correct and doing capture burns. I can say Moho is officially my least favorite planet to visit.

Edited by Little Kerbonaut!

35 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Eeloo is just a bit further than Jool, at a times it's even closer

Dres is on a weird orbit, but that one needs only a plane change in the middle of flight

Moho, from these three, needs ridiculous amount of delta-v to get captured from the transfer orbit.

Also you've been to Jool, how about all its moons?

I been to two of it’s moons Laythe and Vall.

Moho is my nemesis.

I can never get there on the dV suggested by transfer window planners or what the dV map says. So I always end up building utterly overkill capture stages. 

Capture is the worst bit, but I also find getting the injection burn right a challenge too....and badly done injection burn means more nightmare with capture.

So yeah, if your looking for a lump of rock to make you angry, choose Moho. 

I've been to most of the planets and moons, save two - Eve and Moho. I've flown by Eve to land on Gilly, but haven't landed on Eve itself. I've never even been near to Moho. Although with this Kerpollo series I'm doing, I'll be there soon enough. And I'll do a shuttle mission there eventually too, although that's a ways off yet.

For the record, I should say that on my recent mission to Moho, which was fly-by only, so small probe on a small rocket, while closing to Moho Pe, I managed to use the remaining fuel, which was few hundred m/s, to get an encounter with Duna, almost two years later. Convenient planet alignment I say.

I've gone to, landed on and returned from every body in the stock game. I concur with the others: Moho is the hardest to get to. Tylo is probably the hardest to land on, while Eve is the hardest to return from after landing.

12 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

Why is this here, Shouldn't this be moved?

I think I had Challenges and Mission Ideas stuck in my mind so I just pressed it. Oh wait never mind it was moved.

Edited by Little Kerbonaut!

Moho is hardest to circularize and land. Eeloo is hardest to get an intercept. Jool is hardest to land on since there's not really any land, just a thick atmosphere with instant death at a couple hundred meters below sealevel.

Eve is probably the hardest planet with an actual surface to land on and return from.

Yup, it's Moho- considerable orbital eccentricity plus a fairly high inclination plus it's orbiting faster than anything else means it requires the most delta-V to get into orbit even compared with much further targets like Eeloo. Of course, Moho gets the best solar panel power of all the planets, but a Moho day is longer than a Moho year so unless you're at the poles or constantly moving east, you'll still need lots of batteries.

Jool requires lots of delta-V to brake straight into orbit, but you can aerobrake in its upper atmosphere to save fuel and/or use gravity assists from its moons to get where you want to go using less fuel. Of course, said moons can also throw you out of the solar system entirely if you get it wrong! Eeloo is far away, but low solar orbit speed and low gravity mean it's generally a lot easier to capture into orbit when you get there. 

Hardest to actually land on would probably be Tylo. While Eve's high gravity makes for a very high orbital velocity, it has an atmosphere to aerobrake and scrub off speed (with enough heat shields, that is!) whereas Tylo is almost Kerbin-sized, the orbital velocity is only slightly lower but you have to brake to the surface entirely on rocket power so it requires the most delta-V to land on.

The hardest to get off of again is Eve, as only a few rocket engines will work at low altitude on Eve due to 4 atmospheres of pressure at sea level, and jets are useless as there's no oxygen in that air. Plus it has the highest surface gravity of any body in the solar system so you need even more thrust out of those engines when they're at their least efficient.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

Moho isn't so difficult to get to if we approach it in the right way...but it won't change the fact that its still hardest to reach in Stock game, capture can be 2500 at lowest using direct approach from Kerbin.

if you are looking for a challenge about reaching other planets, how about using gravity assists? when they sent a mercury orbiter they used 6 gravity assists between the earth and venus to slow down the ship, you could try something like that. even just an eve flyby with atmospheric braking should save a fair amount of deltaV

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.