[1.8-1.12] Conformal Decals 0.2.12 - Decals done the right way, now on CKAN!

cineboxandrew

20 minutes ago, cineboxandrew said:

@Aussie Toad Stool you need to share the log if you want help, its impossible to diagnose the problem without it

Sorry for that hope https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MpOgQZ-132u4GGOaYZCclCtHaRFVmzri/view?usp=sharing helps.

This is the Ksp.log file. If anything spontaneously happens on my end i'll let you know

6 minutes ago, Dave-Daring said:

I wonder would it be possible to use this as a basis for applying ablative heat shielding to tanks and airframes?

On it. Let's see if it works. Would just be a transparent decal with some ablator. Could be problems with mass though.

58 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

On it. Let's see if it works. Would just be a transparent decal with some ablator. Could be problems with mass though.

It does not need to be transparent, black, white or grey perhaps tiled, as for mass it would help with stability during reentry,

Anyone else getting a "Cannot clone model 'ConformalDecals/Assets/decal-blank' as model does not exist" error? It's keeping any parts from being loaded into the game.

EDIT: found the problem:

[WRN 18:45:58.497] File 'C:\Jogos\KSP 1.8.1 [Sandbox]\GameData\ConformalDecals\Assets\decal-blank.mu' is an incorrect type.
[WRN 18:45:58.497] Model load error in 'C:\Jogos\KSP 1.8.1 [Sandbox]\GameData\ConformalDecals\Assets\decal-blank.mu'

This is version 0.1.3 for KSP 1.8.1.

Edited by Tonas1997

9 hours ago, Dave-Daring said:

It does not need to be transparent, black, white or grey perhaps tiled, as for mass it would help with stability during reentry,

Color can be whatever. There might be problems with applying such a heavy resource to such a light part.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:34 AM, Tonas1997 said:

Anyone else getting a "Cannot clone model 'ConformalDecals/Assets/decal-blank' as model does not exist" error? It's keeping any parts from being loaded into the game.

EDIT: found the problem:

[WRN 18:45:58.497] File 'C:\Jogos\KSP 1.8.1 [Sandbox]\GameData\ConformalDecals\Assets\decal-blank.mu' is an incorrect type.
[WRN 18:45:58.497] Model load error in 'C:\Jogos\KSP 1.8.1 [Sandbox]\GameData\ConformalDecals\Assets\decal-blank.mu'

This is version 0.1.3 for KSP 1.8.1.

Did you use "download zip" in github on the master branch? Github struggles with Git LFS stuff and will sometimes download the reference file instead, either do a git clone or download the zip file under releases

Released version 0.1.4 with some EVE cloud bugfixes, and confirmed that ConformalDecals works fine in 1.10, Though I recommend updating B9PS and MM once they get official 1.10 releases

• Fixes:
    • Fixed decals rendering onto disabled B9PS part variants
      • Decals will still not update when their parent part's B9PS variant is changed, both in flight and in the editor. This is known and awaiting a change to B9PS to be fixed.
    • Fixed decal bounds rendering as dark cubes when shadowed by EVE clouds.
    • Fixed decals being shadowed by EVE clouds, causing the part underneath to appear overly dark.

Alright, I know this is possibly the most predictable question I could ever ask, but are there plans to apply this shader to the 1.10 stock decals, or try to? I know these do more, but if those decals have to hang around being redundant at least they could look as nice as these while doing so?

1 minute ago, RyanRising said:

Alright, I know this is possibly the most predictable question I could ever ask, but are there plans to apply this shader to the 1.10 stock decals, or try to? I know these do more, but if those decals have to hang around being redundant at least they could look as nice as these while doing so?

This mod directly replaces them, functionality-wise. You can use all the stock flags, etc. in this mod.

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

This mod directly replaces them, functionality-wise. You can use all the stock flags, etc. in this mod.

I know, but crafts built using those stock flags don't have the decals conform like these ones do, and since their functionality is the same (though the conformal decal only uses the one part for flags), it would be nice to have the same non-floaty visuals, as well as the  bonus of not having to have the mod installed to load ships with with those decals (even though they might look a bit odd if placed with the mod.)

Edited by RyanRising
I've got nothing against modded parts, I just wouldn't want to leave my children alone with them.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:15 AM, cineboxandrew said:

Conformal Decals

Build Status Art: CC BY-SA 4.0 Code: GPL v3

ConformalDecalsHeader.png

I've been thinking for ages that decals should be done with texture projection. As with many of my bright ideas, someone else also has it and actually gets off their backside and does it. Thank you, have all my up-votes.

Edited by Citizen247