[1.8-1.12] Conformal Decals 0.2.12 - Decals done the right way, now on CKAN!

cineboxandrew

Can't Squad make a decal better than the modders for their own game!? This is absurd. This game would be 10x better if it were the modders working on it and not the Yandere Devs working on it right now.

Edited by Bej Kerman

I was also somewhat disappointed with this update :(
Stickers that do not fit tightly into the parts and hang in the air look disgusting. I don’t want to use them knowing that there is this beautiful mod "Conformal Decals". Now we have stock stickers that can’t be removed from the game at will, and a bunch of broken mods due to some changes.

Returned to version 1.9.1 for now.

Greetings,

I tried your mode, tested it, looked at it, it works great for me. I like to build boats with tools that are nicer than the basic kit. Such a mod helps a lot in this. I think there are a lot more options in this than "just" decals.
  So thanks for your work, it became a good little mod. :) 

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

Stickers that do not fit tightly into the parts and hang in the air look disgusting. I don’t want to use them knowing that there is this beautiful mod "Conformal Decals". Now we have stock stickers that can’t be removed from the game at will, and a bunch of broken mods due to some changes.

@SQUAD should have just sent a DM to the cinebox and ask if they could implement this mod into stock instead of spending 5 precious minutes on smashing their keyboards with their heads and pumping out the decals added to KSP 1.10.

5 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

@SQUAD should have just sent a DM to the cinebox and ask if they could implement this mod into stock instead of spending 5 precious minutes on smashing their keyboards with their heads and pumping out the decals added to KSP 1.10.

I fully concur with this assessment. To add to the absurdity, the new stock decals are, in as much as how they have been implemented in game, essentially pale, and far less versatile imitations of at least (there may be others I am unaware of) three decal adding mods that predate this one: Nebula, Decalc'o'mania, and the name of the third escapes me.

Edited by DirtyFace83

59 minutes ago, DirtyFace83 said:
1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

I fully concur with this assessment. To add to the absurdity, the new stock decals are, in as much as how they have been implented in game, essentially pale, and far less versatile imitations of at least (there may be others I am unaware of) three decal adding mods that predate this one: Nebula, Decalc'o'mania, and the name of the third escapes me.

Is there not a place to suggest things directly to Squad? Or are we just going to be stuck with all new features being made by amateurs instead of the modders who know how to do things?

3 hours ago, Grem said:

If Conformal Decals didn’t come out just after the announcement of decals in 1.10 I would be fine with the approach that squad, Nebula and all the other decal mods used but this just defecates all over the stock solution.

3 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Gotcha! So if I make my own decal files on, say, GIMP and save the file, it will appear flipped?

I think it's again a matter of the specific tool used to save the files. The PS tools usually automatically flip them, but there could be others that don't. It should be easy enough to confirm, though.

21 minutes ago, Ciko said:

d826ccff5439.jpg

This is what i have so far but i plan on doing more. unknown.png

I Need to redo redworm but this is that decals folder.
This is basicly done but the shuttle decals are still WIP and may need some work.
unknown.png
Not sure why but a few of the thumbnails are black
unknown.png

I Started making NASA themed flags back when Demo 2 went up. Never got around to doing space x logos but its on the backlog

I also plan on doing another Wormafiyed ESA Logo but i can also do some normal ones.

Edited by xD-FireStriker

Simply stunning.  The quality far surpasses anything available elsewhere. I just read your .me page about this project. Where can I donate some money to you?

Edited by klesh

Hi!   cineboxandrew, THANK YOU so much for this great mod. 

It inspired me to clean up my own mod add-on I'd been originally working on for Nebula Decals. 

I've released it on SpaceDock if anyone wants to check it out - Forum PostKSP Decal Template by SayburStuff

DOWNLOADhttps://spacedock.info/mod/2478/KSP%20Decal%20Template%20by%20SayburStuff

The TLDR is, you can use my Template to use Conformal Decals to put decals you create on your spacecraft. In this example, I used the template to make a spacecraft named "Intrepid" - I exported the .png file I created to GameData/Squad/Flags/ and then started the game up, and used Conformal Decals to apply it to my spacecraft:

5KyMqiT.png

I'm going to release future versions that do have different shapes and are formatted better.  In the meantime I hope some people use my Decal Template to enjoy Conformal Decals even more!   Sorry for such a long post - I don't mean to hijack or anything.  Thanks again :)