[1.8-1.12] Conformal Decals 0.2.12 - Decals done the right way, now on CKAN!

cineboxandrew

On 1/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

Hi, I'm playing on 1.10, and I am having difficulty with the text decals. they only show up one at a time if I place them symmetrically, and I can't seem to fix the issue... pls help

Having the same issue on 1.11.1 using the latest version (0.2.8); however, the behavior's really strange. On first placing the text decals, they all say "Text" as expected... but when I go to edit the text, it goes blank for all of them except the one that's one space counterclockwise to the specific part I selected to edit the text with. Moving the decals turns them all to solid-color boxes, and going to edit the text afterwards will again set all of them to blank except for the same one-space-CCW symmetry counterpart.

Here's a sequence of images showing what I mean:

Spoiler

After placing text decals:

cj8QW08.png

Editing text, with selected decal highlighted:

ic9xMIf.png

Picking up decals:

mLBMQ8H.png

Placing decals back down:
LWHV3Rt.png

Once again editing text:

UNJPEqv.png

Log file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IFMntCMsCHQAAEmbOTJFuYUWiHmPrtp7/view?usp=sharing

I've got a fair few mods installed, but most of them are parts mods and really the only ones that'd affect graphics potentially are the following:

• Waterfall (and configs for it)
  • TUFX
  • Distant Object Enhancement
  • ScanSat
  • Trajectories

On 3/21/2021 at 3:14 AM, Nik Power said:

Released version 0.2.8 using B9 Part Switch (2.18.0) that is built for KSP 1.11.x and consequently, Conformal Decals version 0.2.8 is for KSP 1.11.x ONLY, no 1.10 and lower compatibility guaranteed (my KSP 1.10 not eats this 0.2.8 version)

you can just use an older version of B9PS, it should work fine

4 hours ago, Starseeker said:

Having the same issue on 1.11.1 using the latest version (0.2.8); however, the behavior's really strange

yeah sorry, I know about this but the next major update involves a major overhaul of that part, and Ive been sidetracked by other projects. just use text without symmetry in the meantime

Edited by cineboxandrew

3 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

@Starseeker Are you running Parallax by any chance?

I only seem to have those issues with Parallax enabled, and I've got a pretty heavily modded install.

Nope, and while I recently installed Scatterer that was after the screenshots I posted were taken.

14 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

yeah sorry, I know about this but the next major update involves a major overhaul of that part, and Ive been sidetracked by other projects. just use text without symmetry in the meantime

Ah, gotcha! Well, excited to see what you'll be doing with it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 6:01 PM, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

How come the words just disappear on the CDL-T decal whenever I try to type anything into it?

Even deleting the word ‘text’ makes it disappear.

It’s also not a new problem, I had it months ago when I first tried this mod

I've found that if you type in text, the text disappears, but then you save and reload the craft it is properly rendered. It can be a workaround until a fix can be pushed :)

@cineboxandrew: Small feature request if it is at all possible - could decals be made to not count toward the part limit in the earlier level SPH/VAB in career?

7 minutes ago, Tivec said:

I've found that if you type in text, the text disappears, but then you save and reload the craft it is properly rendered. It can be a workaround until a fix can be pushed :)

Thanks!

I’m sorry but I should have posted that I found another workaround - if you type on the text whilst the part isn’t attached to anything (When it is ‘floating’ in the VAB) you can edit the text and it shows up when put it on the craft

Thanks for helping

Edited by AmateurAstronaut1969

8 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Thanks!

I’m sorry but I should have posted that I found another workaround - if you type on the text whilst the part isn’t attached to anything (When it is ‘floating’ in the VAB) you can edit the text and it shows up when put it on the craft

Thanks for helping

Many thanks for that workaround, saves a lot of reloading time!

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

lol I thought that was a painting so good it is

:Dlol, it would be cool if we could apply a texture to the whole craft with the same process that used for a singel part. 

f-16-falcon-as-a-tiger-wallpaper-preview

I just had an idea!!!  Can someone who is talented that way make a decal pack that looks like ice that condenses on the side of a rocket?  That would be so cool!  Also, FYI, one of the Vapor Vent nozzles looks just like the ice falling off the side of the rocket when it lifts off.  It only lasts for the first few seconds of flight, but WOW this is going to look great!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've installed this mod and  look like fantastic. I'm trying to create the nasa worm decals and the spacex decals for my falcon 9, but the guide on gitub it's complicated for me, and I don't understand how to do it.

Can some one help me?

Thanks a lot 

13 hours ago, davide96 said:

Hi guys, I've installed this mod and  look like fantastic. I'm trying to create the nasa worm decals and the spacex decals for my falcon 9, but the guide on gitub it's complicated for me, and I don't understand how to do it.

Can some one help me?

Thanks a lot 

Same, i'm stuck using decalcomania until i can figure out how to add my own to this mod. i need help as well.

18 hours ago, davide96 said:

Can some one help me?

Thanks a lot 

4 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Same, i'm stuck using decalcomania until i can figure out how to add my own to this mod. i need help as well.

hi I have a little temporary solution
put the decals you made in the squad/flags  folder and use the flag part "CDL-F Flag decal" as decals!

On 5/18/2021 at 12:48 AM, davide96 said:

Can some one help me?

Thanks a lot 

For NASA worm you don't need special decal. The general text decal has the Nasalization font as an option.