[1.8-1.12] Conformal Decals 0.2.12 - Decals done the right way, now on CKAN!

cineboxandrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!
I have a couple of questions, I hope you can help me.

1. I really like this modification, I love these conformal decals, but I don't like the stock decals, which are not so high quality. Is there a way to cleanly remove these disgusting decals that were added in update 1.10 from the game? Maybe there is some simple patch?

2. I installed the Deep Space Exploration Vessels modification in parallel, which has Wild Blue Tools, now these decals and DSEV parts are located simultaneously in two categories in VAB. What can I do to avoid this? How to remove duplicate parts in several categories?

Edited by Grem

9 hours ago, Grem said:

Hi guys!
I have a couple of questions, I hope you can help me.

1. I really like this modification, I love these conformal decals, but I don't like the stock decals, which are not so high quality. Is there a way to cleanly remove these disgusting decals that were added in update 1.10 from the game? Maybe there is some simple patch?

2. I installed the Deep Space Exploration Vessels modification in parallel, which has Wild Blue Tools, now these decals and DSEV parts are located simultaneously in two categories in VAB. What can I do to avoid this? How to remove duplicate parts in several categories?

1. The stock decals are located here: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Parts\Utility\flags
You can delete dem.

2. They are not duplicated, they are separate parts. That`s why the modder of WildBlue used another categorie. You can change this by editing the config of these parts.

@Cheesecake, yes, but the problem is that in both mods, their parts are both in the custom category and in the stock category.

I'm playing with the Russian interface, but I hope these screenshots will give an understanding of my question.

https://imgur.com/a/FMJVIfc

The same problem is also present in mods related to the Community Category Kit, for example KAS and KIS, but there kind people helped with the MM patch that removes duplication of parts in several categories.

I myself don’t understand anything about modding, maybe this problem can be easily solved by creating the same patch, I just don’t know how to do them.

Edited by Grem

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 10:56 PM, Beetlecat said:

For anyone using Vexillar's ID Flags and Decals mod, here is a small set of MM patches to convert the colored alphanumeric "Flags" into distinct decal parts utilizing the full B9PS features of Conformal Decals.

And here are my patches:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu3uczdxknhpisf/ConformalIDFlags.zip?dl=0

Were there any updates or further work done with this, Beetlecat? Just wondering if that link is the most recent/only source ;)

Looking into an alternative method for using "serial number" ID decals for the ASET ERS rover mod. the current method uses a mix of Firespitter texture-changing, and a nice feature of JSI Part Utilities... But it limits users into specific, pre-made decals.... Plus, its Firespitter :P ... which I like to replace wherever possible... lol

Edited by Stone Blue

On 3/4/2022 at 8:03 AM, Stone Blue said:

Were there any updates or further work done with this, Beetlecat? Just wondering if that link is the most recent/only source ;)

Looking into an alternative method for using "serial number" ID decals for the ASET ERS rover mod. the current method uses a mix of Firespitter texture-changing, and a nice feature of JSI Part Utilities... But it limits users into specific, pre-made decals.... Plus, its Firespitter :P ... which I like to replace wherever possible... lol

For the most part I mostly dropped it since conformal decals itself allows for custom single-characters or strings and the typefaces and coloring options got pretty darn close to those pre-made ones. Otherwise the patches work just fine with the individual icon decals as is.

Now that I'm thinking about it -- someone *did* produce image atlasses of some of those decals so they at least didn't take up as many files / kilobytes --I'll see if I can trace those steps :D

17 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Now that I'm thinking about it -- someone *did* produce image atlasses of some of those decals so they at least didn't take up as many files / kilobytes --I'll see if I can trace those steps :D

That would be kewl... Hmm.. I wonder if it might be an option to delete the base alpha-num flags, and just keep the "specialty" flags from this vOv

So, this *currently* works with *current* CD?... hmm.. i couldnt get it work, granted I dont know a lot about how CD even works in-game, and I was getting tons of shader errs, which made it look lie the ones specified in IDF are no longer found in CD... ?? vOv

12 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Something strange is going on, I have Conformal Decals installed, it seems to be loaded but i cant find any of the parts in game, not even the KerbalizedDecals pack is showing up. I straight up think my KSP is cursed
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo1h94qgr4esuvg/KSP.log?dl=0

Strange, it looks like the problem lies with Shabby somewhere, but I have no idea why. Can you delete and reinstall Conformal Decals with the latest version to make sure the shader pack isn't out of date? that's the only reason I can think of. Never seen that reported before

Just now, cineboxandrew said:

Strange, it looks like the problem lies with Shabby somewhere, but I have no idea why. Can you delete and reinstall Conformal Decals with the latest version to make sure the shader pack isn't out of date? that's the only reason I can think of. Never seen that reported before

I will reinstall Shabby, Could it be because i updated Shabby? AVC told me there was a newer version 0.1.2 and 0.0.0.6 was installed

unknown.png

Just now, xD-FireStriker said:

via the download button, cant seem to copy the URL but i managed to screengrab this hovering over the button 
unknown.png

Ah, that version is still using Harmony 1, the version bundled with Conformal Decals uses Harmony 2. @taniwha is there a more up-to-date download URL with the latest changes?

Just now, cineboxandrew said:

Ah, that version is still using Harmony 1, the version bundled with Conformal Decals uses Harmony 2. @taniwha is there a more up-to-date download URL with the latest changes?

Oh I see, that might explain the why I had to remove Harmony from the Shabby folder in the first place.

15 hours ago, KSP dogfight master said:

Hi, I am wondering if a feature could be added where a toggle can apply the decal globally to every part of the craft, not just the part it is attached to, say i wanted to apply a camo the the entire craft.

I'm working on that. its a very difficult thing to implement

10 hours ago, cineboxandrew said:

I'm working on that. its a very difficult thing to implement

Basically impossible, the MM patch to overide every type of parts stock texture would be a nightmare.

Better for the player to choose what parts they are using, make up alternate texture files and use the Part Variant module to implement them.

Hi @cineboxandrew! After upgrading from 0.2.8 to 0.2.9, I noticed that decals no longer seem to work on subassemblies. Any that I had applied to a subassembly when it was saved are blank when I select the subassembly later. This is true of both subassemblies created with 0.2.8, and ones created after upgrading 0.2.9. Reverting CD back to 0.2.8 resolves the issue.

Repro steps:

1. Apply a decal to a part (such as a flag decal to a tank)
  2. Save the tank as a subassembly
  3. Select the subassembly. Note that the decal is blank

Pictures showing the result: https://imgur.com/a/nc1cxfC

Nothing in the logs stands out, though of course I'm happy to provide them if you would like to look. I tried reinstalling, but got the same result.

Is this an issue with upgrading versions of Conformal Decals in general, something related to this particular update, or something related to my specific install?

Thanks!

Edited by Zelda

7 hours ago, Zelda said:

Hi @cineboxandrew! After upgrading from 0.2.8 to 0.2.9, I noticed that decals no longer seem to work on subassemblies. Any that I had applied to a subassembly when it was saved are blank when I select the subassembly later. This is true of both subassemblies created with 0.2.8, and ones created after upgrading 0.2.9. Reverting CD back to 0.2.8 resolves the issue.

Repro steps:

1. Apply a decal to a part (such as a flag decal to a tank)
  2. Save the tank as a subassembly
  3. Select the subassembly. Note that the decal is blank

Pictures showing the result: https://imgur.com/a/nc1cxfC

Nothing in the logs stands out, though of course I'm happy to provide them if you would like to look. I tried reinstalling, but got the same result.

Is this an issue with upgrading versions of Conformal Decals in general, something related to this particular update, or something related to my specific install?

Thanks!

Looks like this is a side effect of the way I fixed the waterfall projection issue. I'm working on a fix. in the meantime you can remove and replace the decals

11 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Basically impossible, the MM patch to overide every type of parts stock texture would be a nightmare.

Better for the player to choose what parts they are using, make up alternate texture files and use the Part Variant module to implement them.

What? conformal decals doesn't need any modules on the part they're attached to