[1.8-1.12] Conformal Decals 0.2.12 - Decals done the right way, now on CKAN!

cineboxandrew

26 minutes ago, girpoidhunter98 said:

Hello, this has probably already been asked before, but is there a way to use this feature on fairings? I was mainly looking to use this mod to do stuff with fairings as I find the base game way of utilising flags and fairings to be janky.

I haven't gotten them to work with stock fairing, but I did just do a test with Simple Adjustable Fairings, and you can get them to work.  They won't attach directly to the fairings itself, but if you attach the decal to the base and then use the offset tool to move it to the fairing, it seems to work as expected.
conformal_saf.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi ! Thanks for your work in this project :)

I was having a pretty intense log spam in flight scene with a certain vessel : "Graphics.CopyTexture called with mismatching texture sizes", never seen that one before... and no idea where it came from...
I remembered it was the first time I was using your mod in my save on a vessel, so I removed the decals from the said ship, and the console spam was gone...

Here's the logs If you need them :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftic9lit09rsy3r/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ksw3r0be4hlnpj/MMPatch.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance for your help !  

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Could fonts be added in the future? I was thinking the font the spacex uses for the starship serial numbers.

I think there's also a mod for that, I just can't remember the name right now, it can use .tff files 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Do you think it would be possible to create a "layering" option where you can assign different flags/text decals to different layers that are above and below one another? This would be very convenient for more complex creations that require a good deal of layering (and luck) to get right.

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2022 at 10:09 AM, cineboxandrew said:

The mod is hardcoded to make any image in Squad/flags 8:5 aspect ratio, due to the way the Squad flags are done (squad flags are 2:1 but expect to be stretched by the flag transforms. blame them). Put them anywhere else in game data and they should be the right aspect ratio.

In hindsight maybe I should have kept a list of stock flags instead of doing it by folder. To be honest I had no idea users would modify Squad/

Released Conformal Decals 0.2.11

Fixed

• PR by LinuxGuruGamer:
    • Fixed nullref caused when an entry in _targets was null
    • Fixed memory leak caused by the OnDestroy() methods not being called due to them being virtual

(Sorry for reply after a year),

I rechecked the github mainpage with:

I created a new folder named "Flags" under GameData along with other mods. However, I still got a stretched flag as outcome. A perfect 1:1 roundel would result in a 2:1 ellipse. I tried all possible locations, such as directly copying images into a folder under another mod or into GameData.  The ConformalDecals mod was either unable to realize that these images exist, or, it could find them but gave me a 2:1 stretched roundel outcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you.. add your own fonts? I have a font i want to add.

I found the file for it, it has this code in it:

FONT {
    name = LiberationSans SDF
    title = Liberation Sans
  }

However i'm not sure how exactly to add my font.

On 2/15/2023 at 3:16 AM, girpoidhunter98 said:

Hello, this has probably already been asked before, but is there a way to use this feature on fairings? I was mainly looking to use this mod to do stuff with fairings as I find the base game way of utilising flags and fairings to be janky.

Which fairings do you mean?
The stock ones? No.
SAF (SimpleAdjustableFairings)? Place the flag to the base of the Fairing and then using the offset-tool.

• 5 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Trollkowski said:

Is there any way to place decals over multiple parts? Would be a great way to make camouflage for vehicles!

That would be cool! But, alas, no, it's not possible. :sob:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a how-to guide for advanced usage of text decals?

I've had intermittent success using underlines as pinstripes, O's or bullets as windows, etc. I searched the thread and other websites but haven't found much discussion of the topic.

• 1 month later...

Feel bad asking but, could we maybe get colorable shape primitives? Rectangles, squares, circles, stuff like that. Currently you have to jury rig stuff with Ascii tom-foolery. Would be nice to be able to make colored stripes.