Jump to content

[1.8-1.12] Conformal Decals 0.2.12 - Decals done the right way, now on CKAN!


cineboxandrew
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, CollectingSP said:

Same, i'm stuck using decalcomania until i can figure out how to add my own to this mod. i need help as well.

Or you could copy decals from this mod into Ganedata\Squad/Flags

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2021 at 6:54 AM, AstroMatthew said:

Will This Be on Ckan soon?

You can ask @linuxgurugamer if you are having troubles with CKAN.  He is a really nice guy and could probably get you set up before you know it.

Luv your mod BTW.  Long gone are the days of flags hovering over your rocket sides looking out of place.  Now if we could only have a way to easily make the backgrounds of some of them transparent...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Probus said:

You can ask @linuxgurugamer if you are having troubles with CKAN.  He is a really nice guy and could probably get you set up before you know it.

Luv your mod BTW.  Long gone are the days of flags hovering over your rocket sides looking out of place.  Now if we could only have a way to easily make the backgrounds of some of them transparent...

Actually, @cineboxandrewis the one to ask for help, since he's the author.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Probus said:

Now if we could only have a way to easily make the backgrounds of some of them transparent...

If I am reading your comment correctly. You can make the background trasparent by simply erasing it in "Paint.net"

My Avatar on here has no background, it is the forum that puts the white in. On my desk top the black back ground can be seen.

On craft using decals or the flags Only the picture shows. As in this pic.

KvBebdh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys !

I'm having a problem with the mod :/ I can't see the decals in the VAB, i searched via the search bar and in the structural category but they won't show up.
Here's my KSP log if someone wants to help me ^^

Thanks in advance :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, M3tex said:

Hey guys !

I'm having a problem with the mod :/ I can't see the decals in the VAB, i searched via the search bar and in the structural category but they won't show up.
Here's my KSP log if someone wants to help me ^^

Thanks in advance :) 

I'd have to go check, but I am pretty sure they are their own category. Look down the Icons at the left of the parts area and I think you will find one for them down near the bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

I'd have to go check, but I am pretty sure they are their own category. Look down the Icons at the left of the parts area and I think you will find one for them down near the bottom.

Hey ! Thanks for your fast answer =D

I checked and unfortunately I don't have the category :/ 

I also checked by typing the name of the parts in the search bar and nothing shows up, maybe a compatibility issue, i'll try to install it on my non-RSS/RO instance to check if that's the problem !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, M3tex said:

Hey ! Thanks for your fast answer =D

I checked and unfortunately I don't have the category :/ 

I also checked by typing the name of the parts in the search bar and nothing shows up, maybe a compatibility issue, i'll try to install it on my non-RSS/RO instance to check if that's the problem !

Okay I found how to fix it : I had already a version of conformal decals in another mod (that somehow didn't give me the decals), i just deleted it from the mod's folder and it works !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 12:19 AM, Kerbalwings said:

The Text Decals Disappears when I type a word onto It.

I'm also having this issue.

At least I was, I tried replicating it after a KSP and computer reboot to get a clean log file, and now I can't get it to error. I'll try to grab the log the next time it happens, because it does happen from time to time now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, Kerbalwings said:

The Text Decals Disappears when I type a word onto It.

3 hours ago, jordanjay29 said:

I'm also having this issue.

At least I was, I tried replicating it after a KSP and computer reboot to get a clean log file, and now I can't get it to error. I'll try to grab the log the next time it happens, because it does happen from time to time now.

This is an issue when using the text decals in symmetry, try just typing one without symmetry and placing them individually. I'm pretty sure @cineboxandrew said this would be fixed un an upcoming update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, M3tex said:

Hey ! Thanks for your fast answer =D

I checked and unfortunately I don't have the category :/ 

I also checked by typing the name of the parts in the search bar and nothing shows up, maybe a compatibility issue, i'll try to install it on my non-RSS/RO instance to check if that's the problem !

Hi. I just installed it in 1.10.1 As long as you installed the dependencies that come with it, they turn up in the utility section. If you type   rokea   into the search bar they turn up, because that is the manufacturers name. Hope this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 12:28 PM, cineboxandrew said:

Technically, yes. It will load decals from any decalfont file and definitions from any conformal decals config block. But in practice, creating new font packages requires a source copy of an old version of TextMeshPro

Which version of TextMeshPro did you use to create the decalfont file, and is it still possible for us to find and download to create our own,  I assume from the above that it would be difficult.

I ask because I am currently working on a mod, TrekDrive, that adds a Star Trek-like warp drive to the game, and am in the process of adding the NX-class starship from Star Trek: Enterprise.  I aim to provide a way for players to customize the ship names and registries, and I believe that this mod would be a pretty much hassle-free way to do that.  My current plan is to supply multiple textures and an editable version for players to create a bank of custom names/registries, which could lead to a lot of texture files for some.  On the other hand the text decal in this mod is the perfect solution to possible texture-bloat.  As of now, the Air Force font that is already part of ConformalDecals is a good solution for the NX-class, or original era Constitution-class ships, but if I did a film-era ship, or one from TNG or after, there isn't a good substitute at the moment.  Because of this, it would be great if I could add the fonts that I would need for the ship registries/names to my mod and make ConfomalDecals a dependency..  Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude this is SUCH an amazing mod.  I love sticking all the vendors on my rockets and finding excuses to use all the warning labels and such.  And love how it wraps.  Very innovative. Great work!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Love the decals.. but found one problem... in 1.12.1 all the decals work fine except the text one. It works ONLY as long as the text in it says "Text" but if you add any letters or change it then you just get a blank. Anyone else try this? It would seem odd to be a conflict with another mod as all the other decals work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Love the decals.. but found one problem... in 1.12.1 all the decals work fine except the text one. It works ONLY as long as the text in it says "Text" but if you add any letters or change it then you just get a blank. Anyone else try this? It would seem odd to be a conflict with another mod as all the other decals work.

I'm running 1.12.2, and the decals are a little touchy. Sometimes they show the wrong flag (in the case of a flag decal) and sometimes text decals disappear when you edit them. I've found that saving your craft and reloading it in the VAB fixes most glitches. With flag decals, sometimes I have to reset the flag and select it again once or twice to get my choice to "stick." But I'm using decals in a fairly excessive way...

39u7yzy.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, jefferyharrell said:

I'm running 1.12.2, and the decals are a little touchy. Sometimes they show the wrong flag (in the case of a flag decal) and sometimes text decals disappear when you edit them. I've found that saving your craft and reloading it in the VAB fixes most glitches. With flag decals, sometimes I have to reset the flag and select it again once or twice to get my choice to "stick." But I'm using decals in a fairly excessive way...

39u7yzy.png

If you are attaching two decals on opposite sides of the rocket, once you are done editing just spin the rocket around and you will see your work on the other side. The first one will still be there, you just can’t see it until you use @jefferyharrell’s procedure or by just sending the rocket to the pad and returning it to the VAB

Edited by DaveyJ576
Double post
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@cineboxandrew I've got a bug to report. It's kind of obscure.

It's possible to put conformal decals on Simple Adjustable Fairings fairings like so:

xy9jjCx.png

The decals behave in a totally reasonable way, staying put as the fairing pieces move around.

WI9w1gW.png

But in flight, after the fairing panels get jettisoned, the log starts filling up with null reference exceptions:

[EXC 14:47:44.321] NullReferenceException
	UnityEngine.Transform.get_localToWorldMatrix () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
	ConformalDecals.ProjectionTarget.Render (UnityEngine.Material decalMaterial, UnityEngine.MaterialPropertyBlock partMPB, UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at <65cef3650e6d4a2b96dbe6be3ea77726>:0)
	ConformalDecals.ModuleConformalDecal.Render (UnityEngine.Camera camera) (at <65cef3650e6d4a2b96dbe6be3ea77726>:0)
	UnityEngine.Camera.FireOnPreCull (UnityEngine.Camera cam) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

The exception appears to repeat forever, until the craft is unloaded and reloaded. Switching to the space center scene and back to the flight scene stops it. It doesn't seem to affect performance on my computer, but I imagine it's probably not doing any good.

Here's a link to a complete (and large) KSP.log demonstrating the bug:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1APGDFD-owW6hVVV13E39wtK2-SIEGCzx/view?usp=sharing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...