KSP Loading...: Sharing Horizons with ESA

UomoCapra

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

I still have a feeling that they keep one more detail in secret...

I have an inkling it might have something to do with the prominence of snacks in the 1.10 announcement art...

Nice new magnetometer, I'll have to add that to my Jool station!

Comets? Awesome! I can't wait to poke around on them (and mine precious fuel)!

Custom flags means you could probably paint an entire vehicle the way you like by placing many, many flags!

Open fairings probably means I'll try to build a solvable Rubik's Cube...

Jool will look great when I get there!

6 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Jool will look great when I get there!

I have several vessels in the Joolian system already. I wonder what sort of experiments I should set up to document Jool's transformation? Maybe I can aim the camera from a Goob-ED experiment on Laythe at Jool....

48 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I have several vessels in the Joolian system already. I wonder what sort of experiments I should set up to document Jool's transformation? Maybe I can aim the camera from a Goob-ED experiment on Laythe at Jool....

If you start seeing thousands of black rectangles multiplying exponentially in Jool's atmosphere I would get out of there and fast.

Spoiler

Edited by HvP

On 6/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, kerbiloid said:

If comets had gravity, one could make a double comet with double spiral tail...

Indeed it would be cool, but if they would have gravity, they would collide soon or later. It just doesn't makes any sense. I mean irl comets don't orbit each other, nor the debris of a comet which broke apart by the force of a body's gravity (Shoemaker comet+Jupiter), or by the YORP effect.

5 hours ago, SudAntares said:

Indeed it would be cool, but if they would have gravity, they would collide soon or later. It just doesn't makes any sense. I mean irl comets don't orbit each other, nor the debris of a comet which broke apart by the force of a body's gravity (Shoemaker comet+Jupiter), or by the YORP effect.

well then maybe a long comet resembling a dumbell with a rapid spinning rate.

Edited by Dirkidirk

36 minutes ago, Cataclism said:

Well, I was about to buy such DLC in mid July. But, as is´t going to be a FREE - GREAT! - UPDATE, instead, I will definitely buy Breaking Grounds, now.

Thank you, Squad!

That’s one if the great things about ksp, is that Squad provides WONDERFUL updates. Sure, they could sell them as dlcs, but they don’t. And man, that really says something about them and their dedication to their users.

Thanks Squad!

On 6/19/2020 at 2:39 AM, Superfluous J said:

I'd have found a static comet that's on rails to be a disappointment.

Though it'd be nice to have both. Like how we have asteroids and also Gilly.

yes thats what i was hoping for too, a couple comets with gravity and fixed orbits, then moveable ones 

18 hours ago, noobsrtoast said:

yes thats what i was hoping for too, a couple comets with gravity and fixed orbits, then moveable ones 

Thing is, from a new players perspective that would be confusing. "So I can move this comet, but I can't move this one why not?" (arguments about "so big you couldn't d any meaningful damage to it's orbit" are irrelevant, SOMEONE will try).

On 6/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, VoidCosmos said:
On 6/20/2020 at 8:53 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

This is a free update :wink:

Sure? These things look like so high in quality to say it is free!  Thanks for the hard work to all the devs at @SQUAD. Thanks once again 

Hard work I.E. implementing bulkier or watered down versions of existing mods.

On 6/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, Streetwind said:

Which one applies? From the game engine's point of view, the answer to this question will likely be "critical exception" or "division by zero" or other such delightful stuff. And no, the spheres of influence cannot "squish against each other" to dynamically form a common boundary. Remember, the sphere of influence is really just one single, fixed number that says "you must be this far away to leave".

One guy recently explored that in a Youtube video where he rigged KSP to gradually decrease the orbits (and SOIs) of all celestial objects as time goes on. Many attempts ended up in explosions, one freak SOI interaction resulted in his craft getting catapulted out of the system at lightspeed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.