KSP Loading...: Sharing Horizons with ESA

UomoCapra

PLEASE, SQUAD: Say "we fixed the robotic parts symmetry bug in 1.10!"  

Seriously makes so many robotic designs unusable now, dont know why there is not a massive outcry from ppl who use the breaking ground system seriously.

To recreate(yet again):  Use any base part.  Use MM symmetry.  Put any robotic part on in symmetry.  Restrict the angles to any angle not around 0 (0-90) for example.  Change "target angle".  Seems to work fine in editor.  Launch the ship.  Change "target angle" on runway.  1 side never moves no matter what you do. 

Affects all parts I think, but def the rotator servos.  Only affects newly created designs(one reason there is no outcry).  Makes building pretty much anything impossible.

*I have NOT been able to find a full bugfix/changelog/patch notes even though I have now looked several places, if this is already indicated as fixed, its not im lazy, just could not find!

Edited by Gavin786

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Thing is, from a new players perspective that would be confusing. "So I can move this comet, but I can't move this one why not?" (arguments about "so big you couldn't d any meaningful damage to it's orbit" are irrelevant, SOMEONE will try).

well then thats another learning opportunity for them ;)

18 hours ago, Gavin786 said:

PLEASE, SQUAD: Say "we fixed the robotic parts symmetry bug in 1.10!" 

Don't hold your breath.  This Making History symmetry bug has been there since the release, and the report goes back to 2018. 

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20762

:/

On 6/28/2020 at 1:19 AM, klesh said:

Don't hold your breath.  This Making History symmetry bug has been there since the release, and the report goes back to 2018. 

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20762

:/

The bug you quote above is fixed. As for a robotics symmetry bug. If someone can give me the bug number I can tell you if it's fixed.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

The bug you quote above is fixed. As for a robotics symmetry bug. If someone can give me the bug number I can tell you if it's fixed.

I think at first they were discussing the triangle structural panel symmetry bug in the making history DLC. Thank you for developing my favorite game!!!!

14 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Since you guys seem to be squashing symmetry bugs, has this ancient one finally been fixed? https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20423 (https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/10098)

*crosses fingers*

Looking great, can't wait to try it!    Might have to wait a while though as I'm going to be pretty busy the next few weeks :(

(How do people get on the early-access program? Would have been nice to update some of my mods as I had plenty of time last weekend..  guess you need a minimum squazillion YouTube followers)

A question/observation about the Kickback variant though:

Spoiler
On 6/18/2020 at 4:15 AM, UomoCapra said:

KD25k “Kickback” Solid Fuel Booster

This heavy solid rocket booster is getting a variant so that it can provide your Ariane 5 that additional thrust needed to launch your probes and modules to outer space.

Rockomax X200-32 

The Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank is also getting a third ESA variant for it to match the Ariane 5 color scheme. 

ylzVYPpyBfD13f5uShk6ttXy5RTR0SX9YIY5zygX

Click here to see high-res images of the variants, the flag parts and Klaw Jr.

Why wasn't the new variant Kickback just plain grey?  It seems to me the flag decals should have been used to plant the ESA logos over it for the missions instead of making it part of the texture.  It's a shame it wasn't made as a generic variant.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:34 PM, Fraktal said:

One guy recently explored that in a Youtube video where he rigged KSP to gradually decrease the orbits (and SOIs) of all celestial objects as time goes on. Many attempts ended up in explosions, one freak SOI interaction resulted in his craft getting catapulted out of the system at lightspeed.

Gameslinx was it

On 6/30/2020 at 7:25 PM, KerbMav said:

Pause at 5:40 to read

18 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Those are mostly QoL enhancements, not so much bug fixes. Appreciated you linking it none the less!

Thats the QoL section of the Readme - the bugfix section does have 120ish lines in addition to those lists. Thats across the 3 components, of various severities obviously

1 minute ago, TriggerAu said:

Thats the QoL section of the Readme - the bugfix section does have 120ish lines in addition to those lists. Thats across the 3 components, of various severities obviously

When is the update going to be released TriggerAu? Like an approximate timing or so?

I am eager to play it. Especially the suit picker and the Arianne missions

1 minute ago, VoidCosmos said:

When is the update going to be released TriggerAu? Like an approximate timing or so?

I am eager to play it. Especially the suit picker and the Arianne missions

Superfluous J has it, fraid I cant say - being in Aus 1 july is almost over here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.