KSP Loading...: Sharing Horizons with ESA

UomoCapra

Just took a read through the release notes and the thing that caught my eye was "New Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr. With 2 variants".

Hooray... no more big ugly blob on the front of my more pointy aircraft and spacecraft when all I want from the grabber is the ability to hook up and transfer fuel.

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:15 PM, UomoCapra said:

Based on your feedback, we did some adjustments to the fairing and the second stage to better resemble the look of its real-life counterpart. 

O-pf2wv_je9j_OABlsmgYfBHNsri2cQCpXrZoWgA

Probably a little late for feedback, but you've got the fuel lines running backwards up the side of the Arianne 5.  I'm not sure it's feedbackworthy on the bugtracker.

Edited by klesh

7 minutes ago, klesh said:

Probably a little late for feedback, but you've got the fuel lines running backwards up the side of the Arianne 5.  I'm not sure it's feedbackworthy on the bugtracker

As far as I know the fuel lines on the Ariane 5 craft are separate parts (just the normal fuel line parts in their grey variant) so this isn't a bug, more an issue with the craft file.

25 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

As far as I know the fuel lines on the Ariane 5 craft are separate parts (just the normal fuel line parts in their grey variant) so this isn't a bug, more an issue with the craft file.

Yes, its purely visual, and something that can be rectified with the Offset Tool.   Its just that attention to detail, I like that they went for it with the added greebled fuel lines, but point them the right way is all.  ;)

tU7BNYA.png

I mean, technically only the center one should be flowing down, no? If I'm understanding the plumbing right that's the liquid oxygen line to the engine. The ones either side of it are gas lines for autogenous tank pressurization, taking gaseous oxidizer and fuel passed through heat exchangers on the main engine back to their respective tanks to keep them pressurized as the liquid contents are drained out, right?

16 hours ago, Shamash said:

I mean, technically only the center one should be flowing down, no? If I'm understanding the plumbing right that's the liquid oxygen line to the engine. The ones either side of it are gas lines for autogenous tank pressurization, taking gaseous oxidizer and fuel passed through heat exchangers on the main engine back to their respective tanks to keep them pressurized as the liquid contents are drained out, right?

You say "no?" and "right?" as if I have any idea what the pipes are for and what direction (other than toward fiery end) they are supposed to point!  ;)  I presumed the pipes were strictly fuel, and ran only toward the engine but I am probably wrong; it would not be the first time. Noted, center pipe downward.

3 hours ago, klesh said:

You say "no?" and "right?" as if I have any idea what the pipes are for and what direction (other than toward fiery end) they are supposed to point!  ;)  I presumed the pipes were strictly fuel, and ran only toward the engine but I am probably wrong; it would not be the first time. Noted, center pipe downward.

Yeah, if you watch the fuel tank levels, they all drain into the bottom most tank. So it serves some purpose outside of visual aesthetics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.