[Suggestion] RSS in KSP 2 (but not the way you think)

I know, that modders will implement it anyways, but i'd rather have it made by professionals with Private Division resources, than by amateur modder on bold enthusiasm, because of the amount of attention to details required. Replicating landscape of Earth alone is a monumental task, and i'm not even talking about putting every Moon crater, to exact place it should be in. And honestly i'm even willing to pay for it as a DLC, if it would be made well, taking into account HOW MUCH of effort will that take, compared to creating a new fictional system from scratch, without having to worry about being inaccurate.

And couple of thoughts on how it might be done.
So we know, that the Kerbol system from original KSP, will be a starting point in the KSP 2. We also know, that there is interstellar travel in KSP 2. Why wouldn't one of the systems, that we discover during our journey, be our beloved RSS? Just as it is in real world with one exception. There is no humans. Earth is perfectly habitable, but is completely untouched by life yet. Just imagine THE POTENTIAL of this approach! I'm not even gonna talk about recreating historic missions, flying hypersolic planes or visiting familiar locations, cause it's just so obvious. Think beyond that. Think about sending a ship called "The Ark" under command of Noah Kerman, to find and colonize habitable planet. Think about crash landing there and loosing both all contact to Kerbalkind and all their technology. Think about Kerbals calling this planet Earth, adjusting to it and evolving over time. Think about Kerbals starting their civilization from scratch there. Think about Kerbals forgetting who they are and where they are from. Think about how Kerbals can actually be great ancestors of Humans! How cool that would be!

And now think about this being very much possible event scenario in KSP2, if only we get our solar system replica in KSP 2. THE POTENTIAL!

Edited by Acid_Burn9

1 minute ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Or you just let it be a mod like it is in KSP and avoid them entirely.

This.

1 hour ago, Acid_Burn9 said:

I know, that modders will implement it anyways, but i'd rather have it made by professionals with Private Division resources, than by amateur modder on bold enthusiasm, because of the amount of attention to details required.

No. Given how delayed KSP2 already is, why would you want development effort to be diverted? I'll take a fully functioning KSP2 with the advertised features- colonies, multiplayer and interstellar gubbins- over a KSP2 which doesn't have those things working properly and has a half-baked Sol system in it, any day of the year.

It's still called KERBAL Space Program.

48 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

No. Given how delayed KSP2 already is, why would you want development effort to be diverted? I'll take a fully functioning KSP2 with the advertised features- colonies, multiplayer and interstellar gubbins- over a KSP2 which doesn't have those things working properly and has a half-baked Sol system in it, any day of the year.

It's still called KERBAL Space Program.

Exactly! Besides the fact that RSS has repeatedly been said to not be included in KSP 2 and yet no-one listens and proceeds to litter the forum with "RSS in KSP 2 plis?" posts, it would be a waste of time anyways.

Besides, having a bunch of small systems then one massive system to accidentally run into would be out of place.

3 hours ago, Acid_Burn9 said:

I know, that modders will implement it anyways, but i'd rather have it made by professionals with Private Division resources, than by amateur modder on bold enthusiasm, because of the amount of attention to details required. Replicating landscape of Earth alone is a monumental task, and i'm not even talking about putting every Moon crater, to exact place it should be in. And honestly i'm even willing to pay for it as a DLC, if it would be made well, taking into account HOW MUCH of effort will that take, compared to creating a new fictional system from scratch, without having to worry about being inaccurate.

And couple of thoughts on how it might be done.
So we know, that the Kerbol system from original KSP, will be a starting point in the KSP 2. We also know, that there is interstellar travel in KSP 2. Why wouldn't one of the systems, that we discover during our journey, be our beloved RSS? Just as it is in real world with one exception. There is no humans. Earth is perfectly habitable, but is completely untouched by life yet. Just imagine THE POTENTIAL of this approach! I'm not even gonna talk about recreating historic missions, flying hypersolic planes or visiting familiar locations, cause it's just so obvious. Think beyond that. Think about sending a ship called "The Ark" under command of Noah Kerman, to find and colonize habitable planet. Think about crash landing there and loosing both all contact to Kerbalkind and all their technology. Think about Kerbals calling this planet Earth, adjusting to it and evolving over time. Think about Kerbals starting their civilization from scratch there. Think about Kerbals forgetting who they are and where they are from. Think about how Kerbals can actually be great ancestors of Humans! How cool that would be!

And now think about this being very much possible event scenario in KSP2, if only we get our solar system replica in KSP 2. THE POTENTIAL!

Nope. It's still Kerbal Space Program. Seriously people, there are talented modders out there already in KSP 1, and considering that modding is supposed to be easier, there WILL be an RSS for KSP2.

I'm really tempted to go find all the requests for RSS and throw them in one thread. Then throw in all the links stating that the original kerbal system won't be touched, just visual updates.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Maybe also ask the mods to make them unlisted so that the KSP 2 thread isn't absolutely littered.

That's one of those requests that won't be honored. Everyone has the right to ask the same questions over and over. Even if people find it annoying.

I'm unable to find the link atm due to phone and forum hating eachother, but I made a large thread and poll stating why RSS is a bad idea in every situation for KSP2, including this one.

EDIT: found it. 

Edited by LittleBitMore