[1.12.x] Waypoint Manager - New Dependency added

linuxgurugamer

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Pretty sure you cN ignore that

I just tried again.  I let KSP continue to load past the ModuleManager - Fatal Error. 

Here's a snapshot of the fatal error:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/cygnq4sg9z29ivb/ModuleManager Fatal Error.PNG?dl=0

KSP loading stops making progress with about 20% of the yellow loading bar complete, and this message.  "ModuleManager: Waiting for patching to finish".

Today's logs:

KSP Log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipkxwujwuw5i3s7/KSP 20220119.log?dl=0

Player Log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjrp2kaohwn1xgl/Player 20220119.log?dl=0

I think this has worked.

I selected both Waypoint Manager and ZeroMiniAVC in CKANCKAN then asked if I also wanted to select KSP AVC, recommended by ZeroMiniAVC.  Agreeing to this recommendation, and selecting KSP AVC, caused more problems.  The answer is to NOT select KSP AVC.

I got all the way through the KSP startup, and was shown the Click Through Blocker selection screen, and the Toolbar Controller Intro screen.  I haven't seen either of those in a while, but I think they are both good to go.

I have the Waypoint Manager icon on my Toolbar, and selecting it brings up the appropriate interface.

Thank you, @linuxgurugamer!

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance WPM ever see's a full integration in to MFD/RPM IVA's? (Honestly not even sure how complicated such an intergration would be). Would be amazing to control my waypoint list in IVA without having to go through the HUD, breaks the first person immersion a bit. 

45 minutes ago, CaptElfimis said:

Any chance WPM ever see's a full integration in to MFD/RPM IVA's? (Honestly not even sure how complicated such an intergration would be). Would be amazing to control my waypoint list in IVA without having to go through the HUD, breaks the first person immersion a bit. 

I might be wrong, but any sort of integration of WPM into other scenes would be the responsibility of the modders of those scenes, provided external WPM calls exist and are exposed.

Edited by Brigadier

1 hour ago, CaptElfimis said:

Not by me, sorry. 

Hey, linux, am I doing this right or did I have a brain fart?

I bought a new computer so I'm downloading all fresh.

I just download the  zip. Unzip. And put 'Waypoints Manager' in Game Date, yeah?

JJVj15R.png

But, it's not here.

YEGabza.png

Or here,

x6at4JK.png

I bought KSP from the store - and this isn't my first time using Waypoints but, it's been a while.

I've deleted and redownloaded WM 3x and nothing. 

6 hours ago, Mahnarch said:

Hey, linux, am I doing this right or did I have a brain fart?

I bought a new computer so I'm downloading all fresh.

I just download the  zip. Unzip. And put 'Waypoints Manager' in Game Date, yeah?

But, it's not here.

Or here,

I bought KSP from the store - and this isn't my first time using Waypoints but, it's been a while.

I've deleted and redownloaded WM 3x and nothing. 

Normally I say:  No logs, no support, but in this case, it's pretty obvious:

1. You didn't install with CKAN, and
  2. You didn't install the dependencies.

I strongly recommend using CKAN to install mods

I thought CKAN was only for Steam.

I will look into what CKAN is.

Thank you.

[Update; It works! I had to watch a YouTube to figure out CKAN and, then, I had to do it a little weird.

Just trying to install Waypoints from CKAN kept throwing errors saying it couldn't find a  path to Waypoints in Game Data.

So, I downloaded and unzipped a new one. Installed Waypoints under Game Data, like before.

Then, CKAN asked me if I wanted to overwrite that file. I said 'Yes'.

Now, it works.

Is this normal for CKAN?]

Edited by Mahnarch

1 hour ago, Mahnarch said:

Is this normal for CKAN?]

Yes and no.  With a clean KSP install, CKAN will work very well.  In an existing KSP install, CKAN cannot directly support mods you have already installed.  It doesn't know, and cannot determine, what you've done (and shouldn't attempt to guess how you've installed a mod, IMO).

If you're going to commit to CKAN, which I would recommend, start with a fresh KSP and use CKAN to install as many of the mods you can (Not every modder supports a CKAN install for personal reasons. Some have opted out).  This way, CKAN will help maintain those mods when new releases are issued.  Mods that you install manually will probably show up in CKAN as "AD" (Auto-Detected) and aren't managed in the same way.

Ah-ha! That's what 'AD' means.

OK. I only had an issue with Waypoints and MechJeb - having to install manually, then overwriting - but, I found a lot of new mods that have piqued my interest and those installed easily, the way they did on that guy's video.

Man! This CKAN is great! Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner?! :D

7 hours ago, Mahnarch said:

I only had an issue with Waypoints and MechJeb

That shouldn't be the case for either mod.  If you want the dev build of MechJeb, in CKAN go to Settings > CKAN Settings and, under Metadata Repositories, click on New.  In the resulting dialog, click on MechJeb2-dev, then Add.  This will install MechJeb's bleeding edge instead of the release version.

My WPM v 2.8.3.3 installed just fine with CKAN.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@linuxgurugamerBit of an odd bug with v2.8.3.4 in my RP-1 install, in map view left click was toggling visibility of rovers and right click would toggle visibility of all vessels. I wasn't clicking on the tabs at the top of the screen, it happened whenever I clicked anything at all. Rolling back to v2.8.3.3 completely solved the issue.

Log with 2.8.3.4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hqqlq81okmhrtd/Player-prev.log?dl=0

Log with 2.8.3.3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zm41xkrrzcy6vgg/Player.log?dl=0

I'll try to replicate in a less heavily modded copy of KSP.

Update: I tried to replicate this bug with just this mod and its dependencies but couldn't do so.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie
Looked at the wrong mod's versions

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...