[1.12.x] Waypoint Manager - New Dependency added

linuxgurugamer

Written by @nightingale, he has mostly left the scene, and has graciously allowed me to adopt this mod.  Original thread here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/94432-18x-waypoint-manager-v281-2019-10-22/

Have you taken a new survey contract and then been frustrated when you had to keep flipping between map and flight mode to find your waypoints? Did you crash your vessel? NEVER AGAIN.

Waypoint Manager does the following:

• Renders waypoints in flight mode.
  • Gives a GUI listing of all waypoints and allows you to activate navigation from that GUI.
  • Allows the creation of custom waypoints.

If you want to see it in action, check it out in @maxrsp's KSP Easy Mods series:

Custom Waypoints

@Miles Teg has provided some custom waypoint files!  To use them, copy the to GameData/WaypointManager/CustomWaypoints.cfg (I'll have to add a proper file dialog in a future version) and hit the "Import Custom Waypoints" button.  Included are files for the various KSC biomes and for marking off the runway and helipads.

New Dependencies

Availability

Available in CKAN

Documentation

No documentation, just install and enjoy the waypoints.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2.8.2 Initial Beta Release

• Adoption by LinuxGuruGamer
  • Added support for ToolbarController
  • Added support for ClickThroughBlocker
  • Patch from github user @SumGuyTwitches:
    • fix kraken location off by 8 degrees
  • Patch from Github user @taniwha:
    • Use dateTimeFormatter for time period lengths
  • Fixed RSS compatibility with changes listed in this issue on Github:
Edited by linuxgurugamer

New beta, 2.8.2.1

• Added custom landing site configs, make active using PatchManager and then import into WaypointManager

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WaypointManager/releases/tag/2.8.2.1

The old way still works, if you want to play with files :-)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thank you for taking this on.  I have a minor issue...  Selected waypoint is not showing for me in the navball.  Not a biggie as I mentioned.  I worked around it by installing NavballHUD.  NavballHUD displays the waypoint so all's well for me.

Just posting it here so that others are aware of the workaround.  The logs are clean as far was WaypointManager is concerned.  But then, I have 109 other mods installed :)

On 6/20/2020 at 1:20 PM, bcqJC said:

Thank you for taking this on.  I have a minor issue...  Selected waypoint is not showing for me in the navball.  Not a biggie as I mentioned.  I worked around it by installing NavballHUD.  NavballHUD displays the waypoint so all's well for me.

Just posting it here so that others are aware of the workaround.  The logs are clean as far was WaypointManager is concerned.  But then, I have 109 other mods installed :)

After testing this on stream, using both the older version and my new version, I see that the selected waypoint IS showing in the navball.  This test was with a minimal install, so even though you may think you have a clean log, I still need to see it in order to get an idea of what might be going on

On 6/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta, 2.8.2.1

• Added custom landing site configs, make active using PatchManager and then import into WaypointManager

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WaypointManager/releases/tag/2.8.2.1

The old way still works, if you want to play with files :-)

This is going away in the next beta, I've written a nice UI to select the custom configs, as well as breaking up one of the available custom configs into individual files for each stock planet.

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

After testing this on stream, using both the older version and my new version, I see that the selected waypoint IS showing in the navball.  This test was with a minimal install, so even though you may think you have a clean log, I still need to see it in order to get an idea of what might be going on

Thanks for looking.  The logs are here... https://www.dropbox.com/s/02he5zvu15jlz2t/KSP_logs.zip?dl=0

21 hours ago, bcqJC said:

Thanks for looking.  The logs are here... https://www.dropbox.com/s/02he5zvu15jlz2t/KSP_logs.zip?dl=0

Ok, I got the logs.

Just an FYI, output_log is not used by KSP starting with version 1.8, I'd suggest that you delete it to avoid confusion.  Not a problem for me, just in general.

New Beta Release, 2.8.2.2

• Added page to select import of custom waypoints
  • Patchmanager configs removed
  • Moved icons into PluginData
  • Changed loading of icons to Toolbarcontroller.LoadImageFromFile
  • Added selection window to load custom waypoints
  • Split big CustomWaypoints.InterestingSites.cfg into planet specific files

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/WaypointManager/releases/tag/2.8.2.2

Note: This has hard dependencies on the following:

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

CKAN has a little problem with Waypoint manager :

• The CKAN entry still shows jrossignol's Github
  • The dependencies are missing in the realtionships view

The installation fails because the dependencies are missing in my KSP instance, but CKAN won't download them.

I suppose this is because of the beta state of this mod but I don't know if CKAN parses version numbers by itself and detected the new versions (we don't see the previous beta versions)...

JPkbFGK.png

VG1D4Fh.png

Thanks

On 7/4/2020 at 5:11 AM, Goufalite said:

Hi, 

CKAN has a little problem with Waypoint manager :

• The CKAN entry still shows jrossignol's Github
  • The dependencies are missing in the realtionships view

The installation fails because the dependencies are missing in my KSP instance, but CKAN won't download them.

I suppose this is because of the beta state of this mod but I don't know if CKAN parses version numbers by itself and detected the new versions (we don't see the previous beta versions)...

Ummm, it's been out of beta for a bit now.  CKAN is fully updated, shows the correct github and the correct dependencies.

BETA versions are not indexed by CKAN, which is why you were still seeing the old versions.  Here is an image of my CKAN, showing the current data

qMF1GwB.png

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

installed just this mod and shadows clipping graphics started appearing. Shadows clipping = black triangles appear on ground, usually while moving/turning and not when standing still.

While I do have a lot of other mods installed, removing this mod makes problem go away. There is nothing in the log indicating errors.

• 3 weeks later...

First, let me know if this is the correct forum to ask a question about Waypoint Manager...or should it go to "Add-on Discussions"? I have my Location Display Style setting set to Degrees/Minutes/Seconds. I am assuming that if I land at those coordinates...and then go straight up, for a site that is at altitude, I will get there? In other words, the coordinates indicate a landed, ground location directly below the actual site location?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, strider3 said:

First, let me know if this is the correct forum to ask a question about Waypoint Manager...or should it go to "Add-on Discussions"? I have my Location Display Style setting set to Degrees/Minutes/Seconds. I am assuming that if I land at those coordinates...and then go straight up, for a site that is at altitude, I will get there? In other words, the coordinates indicate a landed, ground location directly below the actual site location?

Thanks!

Right forum.

Yes re. Coordinates

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer I have a question for you, as the current maintainer of this mod. I was curious if you know of a way to remove, or at least rename the stock [default?] waypoints for the KSC, desert, island, and woomerang that appears in the waypoint manager. In older versions of waypoint manager these didn't exist, and I enjoyed making waypoints with custom names for my various games {roleplay reasons} and with the immutable, all ways visible stock waypoints, it makes it difficult to do so. I've poked into the file structure of the mod itself, and while i found a config that lists what seems to be custom waypoints of interest, changing names in that file seems to do nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Is there a limit to how many waypoints can be saved, or even a limit by planet? I currently have 14 saved on Kerbin, but every time I try and add more, as soon as I end the flight they are deleted. Trying to find out if this is normal, or if I need to dig and see if I have a bug/interaction with another mod that's giving me grief.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:24 AM, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer I have a question for you, as the current maintainer of this mod. I was curious if you know of a way to remove, or at least rename the stock [default?] waypoints for the KSC, desert, island, and woomerang that appears in the waypoint manager. In older versions of waypoint manager these didn't exist, and I enjoyed making waypoints with custom names for my various games {roleplay reasons} and with the immutable, all ways visible stock waypoints, it makes it difficult to do so. I've poked into the file structure of the mod itself, and while i found a config that lists what seems to be custom waypoints of interest, changing names in that file seems to do nothing.

Probably not.  I'd have to do some digging, but it's probably getting that from the game itself.  Make an issue on Github, and when I work on this again I'll take a look.

7 hours ago, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer Is there a limit to how many waypoints can be saved, or even a limit by planet? I currently have 14 saved on Kerbin, but every time I try and add more, as soon as I end the flight they are deleted. Trying to find out if this is normal, or if I need to dig and see if I have a bug/interaction with another mod that's giving me grief.

No idea.  Please make an issue on Github

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Probably not.  I'd have to do some digging, but it's probably getting that from the game itself.  Make an issue on Github, and when I work on this again I'll take a look.

No idea.  Please make an issue on Github

I'll  see about getting those listed on github. I know it is possible to change the names somehow, one of the mods I had back on April 1 changed them all as an April fools prank. I was just never able to figure out how.

@linuxgurugamer I've narrowed things down with the disappearing waypoint markers. I'm using Kerbinside to add more bases and discoverables around Kerbin. One of the features with the mod, is that you can click on the icon of the bases on the world map, and create a waypoint marker. It took me a while to notice, but all of the waypoints that kept disappearing on me, were created by this method. but only after I hit a total of 14. I don't know why that's significant. I made a number of waypoints this way in the early game, before I hit the magic number of 14 total, and all of them are still stable and available. I have been able to create manual waypoints at those locations using the "current vessel location" function, and none of those have deleted themselves. I'm not sure what interaction is happening between waypoint manager, Kerbinside, and kerbinside's dependency, Kerbal Konstructs, but I am reasonably certain it's not a pure Waypoint manager issue.

Edited by vardicd

On 12/30/2020 at 11:47 PM, vardicd said:

I'll  see about getting those listed on github. I know it is possible to change the names somehow, one of the mods I had back on April 1 changed them all as an April fools prank. I was just never able to figure out how.

Do you know which mod did that?

19 hours ago, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer I've narrowed things down with the disappearing waypoint markers. I'm using Kerbinside to add more bases and discoverables around Kerbin. One of the features with the mod, is that you can click on the icon of the bases on the world map, and create a waypoint marker. It took me a while to notice, but all of the waypoints that kept disappearing on me, were created by this method. but only after I hit a total of 14. I don't know why that's significant. I made a number of waypoints this way in the early game, before I hit the magic number of 14 total, and all of them are still stable and available. I have been able to create manual waypoints at those locations using the "current vessel location" function, and none of those have deleted themselves. I'm not sure what interaction is happening between waypoint manager, Kerbinside, and kerbinside's dependency, Kerbal Konstructs, but I am reasonably certain it's not a pure Waypoint manager issue.

This makes it harder, I'm not about to install Kerbinside, that will take up too much time.

Have you contacted that author about this problem? Seems there may be an api problem???  I'll still poke at Waypoint manager, but really sounds like something going on with that mod(s).

Those waypoints it adds, are they listed in WaypointManager?  I assume so, just want to verify