[1.12.x] Waypoint Manager - New Dependency added

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you know which mod did that?

This makes it harder, I'm not about to install Kerbinside, that will take up too much time.

Have you contacted that author about this problem? Seems there may be an api problem???  I'll still poke at Waypoint manager, but really sounds like something going on with that mod(s).

Those waypoints it adds, are they listed in WaypointManager?  I assume so, just want to verify

I don't think I even knew at the time what mod did the changing. I remember it changed all the icons to Nyan cats, and I think changed the names too. I did ask about it in the Module Manager thread, if anyone knew how it was done, but no one ever responded to me.

I have not as of yet contacted the Kerbinside creator, as I'm not 100% sure that the error is coming only from that mod and waypoint manager. At some point when I have more time to test, I'll run a set of tests with a clean install and only the 2 mods to see if I can replicate the behavior. I want to be sure there isn't anything else contributing that I haven't found yet.

The waypoints added by Kerbinside/KerbalKonstructs are listed in the waypoint manager, same as any generated by the player, or those generated as contract markers.

Edited by vardicd

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

I don't think I even knew at the time what mod did the changing. I remember it changed all the icons to Nyan cats, and I think changed the names too. I did ask about it in the Module Manager thread, if anyone knew how it was done, but no one ever responded to me.

That would be ModuleManager

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

The waypoints added by Kerbinside/KerbalKonstructs are listed in the waypoint manager, same as any generated by the player, or those generated as contract markers.

Ok, something for me to look at

• 1 month later...
  1. the last 7 icons in the "Icon selector" located in the WaypointManager\PluginData\icons\ are not fit to the Waypoint icon - they are not appear in the gui.
    I commented WaypointManager\CustomIcons.cfg patch, and it is work ok - the 7 icons disappear from the "Icon Selector", but stay in the gui (new, edit, delete waypoints)
  2. the launchsite and ranway icons are blurred in the Icon Selector, though looks ok in the WM window. 
  3. Also I couldn't find the default Waypoint manager icons on a drive  it's stock — Squad\Contracts\Icons\

Bv0NngD.jpg

ksp 1.11.1 
ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hmeSHbq0850yQ_H4?e=7YNjSW
player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hmbCpcMZ9Mhz8Zpb?e=QRe16Z

UPD.
I tried to make custom waypoints, and they have the same issues: 

gaSqDO3.jpeg

CustomIcons.zip https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hmi4Krmdgoe2nmKj?e=LaIXe5

Spoiler

UPD2

QIk2sA9.jpg

the JNSQ has body icons in the .dds format in the JNSQ\JNSQ_Textures\Icons\ (patch for them JNSQ_Configs\WaypointManager.cfg) but looks like WM support only .png for planet icons. just in case notifying JNSQ team @OhioBob @JadeOfMaar

Edited by flart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Following the advent of 4kSP, most every thing that was an eyestrain for this decrepit old f**t on dual 27" 2560x1440 monitors became manageable.

The remaining worst case is the up to three lines waypoint manager puts on screen near center top, which are *really* hard to read.  Any chance a way to increase that text size can be added?

23 hours ago, Grumalg said:

Following the advent of 4kSP, most every thing that was an eyestrain for this decrepit old f**t on dual 27" 2560x1440 monitors became manageable.

The remaining worst case is the up to three lines waypoint manager puts on screen near center top, which are *really* hard to read.  Any chance a way to increase that text size can be added?

Are you referring to the five lines:

Distance to
ETA to
Heading to
Angle to
Velocity pitch angle

???

Edited by linuxgurugamer

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you referring to the five lines:

Distance to
ETA to
Heading to
Angle to
Velocity pitch angle

???

Didn't know there were 5, I normally only have 3 (the top 3 in your list).  Yeah, those are the ones...

On 6/25/2021 at 7:32 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I can easily tie it to the stock UI Scale settings, if you think that would work let me know

Best I think would be making it default to stock UI which should cover many cases, but have a Waypoint Manager option to use 4kSP settings instead in case there's an undesired issue in scaling where you don't want them to be same as stock UI (I.E. you can set them larger or smaller than stock).  That ought to cover anyone's desired size setting regardless of screen resolution.

12 hours ago, Grumalg said:

Best I think would be making it default to stock UI which should cover many cases, but have a Waypoint Manager option to use 4kSP settings instead in case there's an undesired issue in scaling where you don't want them to be same as stock UI (I.E. you can set them larger or smaller than stock).  That ought to cover anyone's desired size setting regardless of screen resolution.

Hmmm.  That's actually not easy to do.  I'll see what I can do, but may just settle for it's own UI setting value

48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.8.3

• Added new dependency,  SpaceTuxLibrary
  • Changed Debug.Log methods to Log.Info
  • Added UI Scaling

The UI scaling fixes the readability - mostly - Thank you very much!

... But the wordwrap of length causes overlap between lines in the display in my case if I go over 89% with the UI Scaling Bar.  For better text size readability I'd prefer 100-105% scaling but the overlap is bad in that range.

I'd put in images for what it looks like, but I don't think I'm allowed to yet due to post count (lurker for years).

It needs one of two things, a wider wordwrap limit

*or*

adding one line (target name) and shortening the rest of the labels to prevent wordwrap by removing the target name from them like this:

Target: <target name>

Distance: <value>

ETA: <value>

Heading: <value>

Beyond the wordwrap problem, I think the shorter form above would read easier by being less busy.

3 hours ago, Grumalg said:

The UI scaling fixes the readability - mostly - Thank you very much!

... But the wordwrap of length causes overlap between lines in the display in my case if I go over 89% with the UI Scaling Bar.  For better text size readability I'd prefer 100-105% scaling but the overlap is bad in that range.

I'd put in images for what it looks like, but I don't think I'm allowed to yet due to post count (lurker for years).

It needs one of two things, a wider wordwrap limit

*or*

adding one line (target name) and shortening the rest of the labels to prevent wordwrap by removing the target name from them like this:

Target: <target name>

Distance: <value>

ETA: <value>

Heading: <value>

Beyond the wordwrap problem, I think the shorter form above would read easier by being less busy.

Send me the images via IM

This mod is throwing some exceptions:

[ERR 22:34:27.106] WaypointManager: Couldn't create texture for 'GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData/icons\toolbar.png'!

[EXC 22:34:27.107] Exception: Couldn't find file for icon  'GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData/icons\toolbar.png'
	WaypointManager.Util.GetContractIcon (System.String url, System.Int32 seed) (at <06ab40e813c5471e89ecdab3a5b15f9c>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	WaypointManager.Util:GetContractIcon(String, Int32)
	WaypointManager.CustomWaypointGUI:WindowGUI(Int32)
	UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
[ERR 22:34:47.022] WaypointManager: Couldn't create texture for 'GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData/icons\settings.png'!

[EXC 22:34:47.023] Exception: Couldn't find file for icon  'GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData/icons\settings.png'
	WaypointManager.Util.GetContractIcon (System.String url, System.Int32 seed) (at <06ab40e813c5471e89ecdab3a5b15f9c>:0)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
[ERR 22:35:21.357] WaypointManager: Couldn't create texture for 'GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData/icons\editWaypoint.png'!

[EXC 22:35:21.358] Exception: Couldn't find file for icon  'GameData/WaypointManager/PluginData/icons\editWaypoint.png'

Some icons seem to be missing!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Full log please.

I actually saw this, but have confirmed that the icons are there.  There may be another mod interaction.

KSP.log: https://zerobin.net/?8f233b0f4ef2aa5c#yaLjqTmEqA2hoQqxPzz9T/OHVsaAhKxkVJxlXsucFYc=

Player.log: https://zerobin.net/?6405f28402f144f4#jXBWwdQP7vPc3gIHfXg92XBCsdtk7K7BuKDrwnEX+SY=

The exception appears in my screen when I try to put a waypoint using the MapView. I try to select a icon, but some of then not work (icon stay blanck in the window listing the available waypoints)

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

I try to select a icon, but some of then not work (icon stay blanck in the window listing the available waypoints)

It's probably the same problem that I was talking about few post above: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/194876-18x-19x-waypoint-manager-new-dependency-added/&do=findComment&comment=3923539

5 hours ago, flart said:

Looks like it is! Your screenshots are identical to what I experienced here!

Thanks.

5 hours ago, flart said:

Log file, please.  I'm trying to see if there is a common mod which may be causing a problem

55 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file, please.  I'm trying to see if there is a common mod which may be causing a problem

@flart Log files:
ksp.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hmeSHbq0850yQ_H4?e=7YNjSW
player.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alncj27YxKc-hmbCpcMZ9Mhz8Zpb?e=QRe16Z

@Dominiquini Log files:

KSP.log: https://zerobin.net/?8f233b0f4ef2aa5c#yaLjqTmEqA2hoQqxPzz9T/OHVsaAhKxkVJxlXsucFYc=

Player.log: https://zerobin.net/?6405f28402f144f4#jXBWwdQP7vPc3gIHfXg92XBCsdtk7K7BuKDrwnEX+SY=

Thanks

2 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

That web site doesn't allow me to download, it only shows it in a browser.  I've grabbed it for now, but it's limited to 16000 lines, please upload to another place (or use Dropbox/google Drive), or someo other download site

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That web site doesn't allow me to download, it only shows it in a browser.  I've grabbed it for now, but it's limited to 16000 lines, please upload to another place (or use Dropbox/google Drive), or someo other download site

Sorry, next time I upload in other place!

I checked and the log that I send is complete there!

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Dominiquini @flart

I need the following information:

• The exact steps you did to get the errors, including as much prior to the error as possible
  • Please start the game, create a new 2 new saves (both sandbox & career), and just launch a vessel and see if you have the problem.

Thank you

The log that I send was from a new game, in Sandbox:

1) Access the hanger

2) Load a stock airplane

3) Launch in the runaway (only put it there, I didn't even activate the engines)

4) Click the WaypointManager in the toolbar

5) Go to the MapView ('M')

6) Use the option to put a waypoint using the Map and place some pin

7) Click the button to change the ícon (* here I start to see the exceptions appearing on the screen)

8) The icon that I selected not show in the Waypoint list, only the name

- Latter I can test using a new Career game.

One question: Should the icon appear on the pin in map too? When I select an icon that works, it appears in the Waypoint list and in the Navball (if I select the waypoint for navigation), but another icon appears on the pin placed on the map, with the correct color!

* I don't know if this bug is a priority, as it doesn't prevent the functionality from being used. It just seems like some icons don't work...

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini