I do not trust take two with making KSP2

Probro

PUT YOUR PITCHFORKS DOWN AND JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR JUST ONE SECOND, i feel like this needs to be said and i just needed to get it off my chest, i don't trust take two with making ksp 2 because they have a history of screwing over thier fanbase and thier modders, when GTAV first came out, take two (rockstars parent company) decided to and DMCA all the people who made mods for it and only because of the IMMENSE backlash they they received, take two decided to back off and let the modders do thier thing, but something has recently came to surface and when i mean recently, i mean i just found this unheard controversy that take two managed to get themselves into, a modder was making a graphical enhancement for read dead redemption 1 and it looked pretty good, but take two decided to do the worst thing possible, they managed to get the modders personal details and keep in mind that he is 25 years old, he had calls from take two harassing him with lawsuits and DMCA takedowns, not only that, take two harassed his mother and his by blowing up her phone threatening her with the exact same thing, copyright, DMCA lawsuits ect, the modder took it down and he said in an interveiw that take two was not willing to budge on a negotiation they just want the mod taken down period. source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKT4eCj_Sg There was another incident where a youtuber discussed the leaked borderlands 3 trailer, now keep in mind that he didnt use any footage from the trailer, he just talked about how the borderlands 3 trailer was leaked and that he is exited to play it, well take two decided to send a false DMCA takedown on his channel giving him a copyright strike, not only that take two sent a false DMCA takedown on his channel which keep in mind its ILLEGAL, they send private investigators to his house to harass and intimidate him to keep quiet, source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2nm503Tm0 do i even have to mention how take two killed star theory and stole most of its employees? now i may be nitpicking here but honestly i just dont trust take two at all but hey, im willing to take L's when take two releases KSP2 and if its a good game then ill delete thepost but for now my opinion still stands and i dont trust take two with making ksp2

Edited by Probro
the final part didnt make sense

There are several reasons to be concerned about Take 2, but not really much that we can do about it.  Unless a someone comes along and offers Take 2 enough money to hand over the rights to KSP2, we're pretty much stuck with them.  I've got my hands full supporting a family on one income, though, so I'm right out on that.

I certainly hope they make a worthy successor to KSP, and they have made several statements that there will not be microtransactions in KSP2 and that it will be even more modder friendly than KSP.   OTOH, I've already seen a few bits of info that worry me about the final game.  Either way, its just a waiting game at this point. 

Well, someone could make a competing space exploration game. If it's superior to KSP2, people will buy that, if they know about it. T2 owns rights to KSP, not the idea of "lego-like rocket game". Maybe something like SimpleRockets 3, or a new brand altogether. Throwing more money at a game doesn't always make it better, so if an indie studio has a good idea and implements it right (especially if it succeeds in areas KSP2 bungles, and doesn't make major mistakes of its own), it could make a superior product. I believe there's room for at least one more imitator out there, and if KSP2 sucks, there'll be a lot of demand for something that doesn't.

1 hour ago, Probro said:

when GTAV first came out, take two (rockstars parent company) decided to and DMCA all the people who made mods for it and only because of the IMMENSE backlash they they received, take two decided to back off and let the modders do thier thing

And then proceded to piggyback on the years of GTA SA modding to decide how to design GTA V online that's basically a compilation of popular GTA SAMP mods and maps, yea I know and I'm mad at them for killing GTA for me, and yes, we all know all the controversies with T2 in the years (still not putting the Star.Theory one in there as we don't have infos), but obviously there is a "but".

KSP is not the kind of IP GTA is, you can't make a massive multiplayer blockbuster game out of KSP, no one would buy an IP like KSP for that. The worse we can possibly get out of KSP2 in terms of greediness is the "Paradox Interactive model" of DLC releases, anything else would result in a complete flop.

Also:

6 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

I believe there's room for at least one more imitator out there, and if KSP2 sucks, there'll be a lot of demand for something that doesn't.

It takes one bad game of the main IP to kickstart a dozen of "spiritual successor" projects.

So many people think that the folks who run corporations are inhuman greedy money-grabbers. The truth is that they're humans, just like the rest of us, and are generally rational individuals. They can't and won't put microtransactions or purchasable funds in the game. Remember, the launch price will be 60 USD. It will work the same way as KSP 1. One purchase does it all. As pointed out above, the worst TTI can do is to do a Stellaris and release a new DLC every other month.

Then again, maybe they'll let us down. If so, it would just be a rehash of Disney with Star Wars.<_<

2 hours ago, Master39 said:

KSP2 in terms of greediness is the "Paradox Interactive model" of DLC releases, anything else would result in a complete flop.

I don’t mind their model but do wonder who pays for some of the stuff they put out. Like radio stations. I see nothing wrong with a company trying to find a compelling reason for fans to pay then up to 50% of purchase price each year. Although if a DLC  Becomes required for another DLC I think that earlier content should become free or at least bundled 

@Probro at the end of the day, regardless of whether it is Private Division, Star Theory, Intercept Games or even Take Two Interactive directly, the IP of KSP2 is Take Two Interactive. Always has been since its inception. Star Theory is no longer a company that is working on KSP2 as TTI pulled the contract from them this past December or so and funneled the contract into Intercept Games <a new design house from TTI or Private Division> and brought on most of the KSP2 design team from Star Theory. We will not know the quality of KSP2 until we get more information. Reacting now in a negative way isn't really going to help anything. We do not have a full picture of the situation revolving around TTI, Private Division, Intercept Games, formerly Star Theory and KSP2. Gaps in our knowledge are being filled in with emotions, biases and gossip. We do not know enough to formulate a proper reaction to anything going on. Everyone is speculating on what COULD happen when we simply do not know what IS happening. We can see how TTI has behaved in the past, but, sadly, that is not a 100% guarantee of future behavior. I would encourage you to simply wait and see how things play out and try to not use the past to paint a future that does not have a guarantee of happening. We will someday know exactly how this all plays out, but right now, right here, we do not. 

10 hours ago, SOXBLOX said:

So many people think that the folks who run corporations are inhuman greedy money-grabbers. The truth is that they're humans, just like the rest of us, and are generally rational individuals.

Humans are not rational. This is something I learned long ago. People who run corporations don't care about making a good game, they care about their bottom line, and not in long term, either. Upper management plays golf, not video games. If they think something like microtransactions can bring them more money (even if it isn't true), they'd add them. 

And yes, it is happening already, though KSP1 is pretty much at the end, T2 isn't going to do much more with it, because that game has already "dried out" in terms of income. 

@Dragon01 What exactly is already happening? The addition of micro transactions? I am so happy to say that I can quote directly from @Nate Simpson on the fact that micro transactions and other debasement isn't happening to KSP2: "I say all this now because it sounds like some people are concerned that this project has changed -- either it's canceled (it's not) or it's going to be a freemium game with microtransactions (it's not), or it'll be debased in some way (it won't be). I want to make super clear that nothing from our original vision for this game has been altered in any way."

This here link is just to properly cite my souce since the quote style we normally see kinda failed me from one tab to the other. The section I have quoted is 3rd to last paragraph, first 2 sentences or so. 

As for KSP drying out in terms of income? I don't really think that is true as I am seeing a fair amount of returning veterans to the game. Veterans like myself, and we are purchasing the expacs <if we have not already, heck I needed breaking ground lol>. As I stated: 

3 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

We will not know the quality of KSP2 until we get more information. Reacting now in a negative way isn't really going to help anything. We do not have a full picture of the situation revolving around TTI, Private Division, Intercept Games, formerly Star Theory and KSP2. Gaps in our knowledge are being filled in with emotions, biases and gossip. We do not know enough to formulate a proper reaction to anything going on. Everyone is speculating on what COULD happen when we simply do not know what IS happening.

I myself am taking the sit back and watch the show unfold approach. Its slow to be sure, but, so is docking a 1kilo ton ship to a station :D

Trust them or not, you have no choice, but to accept it as they just happen to be the ones making it.

Just bear in mind that it is in their financial interest to make a good game that people want to buy and keep playing.   If it is good new customers will continue to buy it (more money coming in for longer) if it is bad then once the 'initial hit' is over and the bad reports multiply then new sales will drop (less money).  If I were running the business I know which I would prefer.