more realistic EVA paragliding animations

I want to keep this topic very concise and to one simple point.
I love the EVA parachute system for Kerbonauts. They recently saved the day when I brought the rescue craft for two Kerbals stranded in Munar orbit piloted by Jeb back to Kerbin.
When I descended through the upper atmosphere I wondered why the parachutes didn't show up in the stage stack. Well, the craft was mainly designed and launched to stay in space and be a shuttle in the Kerbin system - no chutes on that thing.
But on to my point:

Kerbals lean their feet the wrong way when steering.

As of version 1.9 Kerbals lean their upper body left when making a left turn, which is fine, but they stretch their waddly legs to the right, which is wrong.
A paraglide can be steered by shifting one's mass. This is done by bending the whole body to the left or right, depending on the intended direction.

This problem should have a very quick fix:
Swap the leg animations for left and right turns.

This is my first post on the forum, so feedback is very welcome. I started playing KSP just one month ago and have played it for 300 hours since.

7 hours ago, Kerbezena said:

I want to keep this topic very concise and to one simple point.
I love the EVA parachute system for Kerbonauts. They recently saved the day when I brought the rescue craft for two Kerbals stranded in Munar orbit piloted by Jeb back to Kerbin.
When I descended through the upper atmosphere I wondered why the parachutes didn't show up in the stage stack. Well, the craft was mainly designed and launched to stay in space and be a shuttle in the Kerbin system - no chutes on that thing.
But on to my point:

Kerbals lean their feet the wrong way when steering.

As of version 1.9 Kerbals lean their upper body left when making a left turn, which is fine, but they stretch their waddly legs to the right, which is wrong.
A paraglide can be steered by shifting one's mass. This is done by bending the whole body to the left or right, depending on the intended direction.

This problem should have a very quick fix:
Swap the leg animations for left and right turns.

This is my first post on the forum, so feedback is very welcome. I started playing KSP just one month ago and have played it for 300 hours since.

Welcome to the forums!

I have to say, wow! I never would have noticed this, nor many others would have. It’s neat to see you’ve got 300 hours, could you be able to tell us a little but about what you’ve done or where you’ve gone?

11 hours ago, Lewie said:

Welcome to the forums!

I have to say, wow! I never would have noticed this, nor many others would have. It’s neat to see you’ve got 300 hours, could you be able to tell us a little but about what you’ve done or where you’ve gone?

I took a paragliding course in 2018. Sadly, I haven't had a chance to practice this wonderful sport anymore since.

I haven't really done a terrible lot in the game yet. My playstyle is a very slow one.

Only three of my craft have left the Kerbin system yet, one SENTINEL satellite and two probes to the Eve system (not intended for landing), one of which is a scientific probe, the other one of which is a relay satellite. I have constructed an orbital station around Kerbin with a crew capacity of 38 Kerbals (in truth I docked two stations together after the bigger one could already support 22 Kerbonauts), I also have stations orbiting the Mun and Minmus. I launched orbital survey satellites to both moons which launched four lightweight surface probes each. I set up a surface outpost on the Mun which contains a deployable Science station. Recently I dabbled in ISRU by setting up a mining outpost conaining a small Convert-O-Tron and some small mining drills on the Mun. I sent some rovers to the Mun on a quadlauncher (just a rocket that conained four identical rovers in one fairing. 

During my first few days ingame I stranded Jeb who was flung out on an elliptical orbit with an apoapsis higher than Minmus', but I decided against loading an old savegame as setting up a rescue mission (actually two rescue missions, because I forgot an adequate antenna on the first craft) provided a nice goal to work towards.
I use Kerbal alarm clock and I couldn't do without it. I try to always launch some mission and I try never to warp more than a few hours at a time. 
I love building and testing spaceplanes - although space is the one domain where I haven't gotten a plane yet. It is surprisingly easy to build amphibian crafts which are capable of not only landing in but taking off from water.
One of the next things that I will do is subjecting some Kerbals to a training program, so that they will gain some valuable experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.