North Kerbin Dynamics Renewed

cukkoo

On 5/14/2021 at 7:27 PM, cukkoo said:

Can you give me the unity file?as my unity setup doesn't have the

As the direction is universal in my setup

i just got this

"Make a new empty GameObject with KSP part tools at the location of the thrust transform this will be the new 0,0,0 x,y,zparent origin for the particle effect. Make sure that the new empty object is facing in the exact same orientation as the thrust transform with Z+ pointing in the desired direction of thrust" from a website its said how to make custom effects for engines in unity i thought it might work with your thing if you want the website where i got it from here http://www.eskandare.com/blogs.html it might work for your thing idk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For me the MIRV doesnt appear. Also many missiles and stuff seem to have a range of 5000 meters even when it says its long range. Also testing with FAR it mostly works fine. I would remove the incompatiblity message.

Edited by Colonizor48

On 8/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Colonizor48 said:

For me the MIRV doesnt appear. Also many missiles and stuff seem to have a range of 5000 meters even when it says its long range. Also testing with FAR it mostly works fine. I would remove the incompatiblity message.

Mirv is removed due to a broken particle,Which i may add back when i have time,Stuff have range of 5000 m because if you launched it more than that,Floating Point Precision error occur which is a term for "Your missile turning into a flat cubed mesh" .While On your PC was fine,Some other people saw it don't work,Including me so i added it,But if it work you can use it,But It's not guarantee it'll work forever.

Edited by cukkoo

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 2:30 AM, cukkoo said:

Well my friend drop nuke at mach 7 and it explode 200 km away from the plane so i think physics range extender would support the range that you want but all the bomb are small because if the tsar bomba use the real-scale kerbin would have been destroyed and harpwner balance it nicely.

oh i didnt mean the explosive range i meant the travel range

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe @linuxgurugamer wants to adopt this mod and make it work again with all parts? He brought a huge amount of mod orphans back to life. But it think, it's a huge amount of work to go through all parts and test them in the newest BDA(+) iterations.

Edited by Rakete

3 hours ago, Rakete said:

Maybe @linuxgurugamer wants to adopt this mod and make it work again with all parts? He brought a huge amount of mod orphans back to life. But it think, it's a huge amount of work to go through all parts and test them in the newest BDA(+) iterations.

Sorry, i don't do or support any weapons mods or violence mods in KSP (other than rockets exploding, that is)

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry, i don't do or support any weapons mods or violence mods in KSP (other than rockets exploding, that is)

It's not violence if you just nuke an asteroid and harm no kerbals. ;-) As in any game: the thing is what you make of it. But I get your point.

In my playthroughs no kerbal is harmed, cause I take care of those little green guys ;-) No Kerbal is left behind. Just had fun doing some clay shooting with unmaned drones... :D

Edited by Rakete

16 minutes ago, Rakete said:

It's not violence if you just nuke an asteroid and harm no kerbals. ;-) As in any game: the thing is what you make of it. But I get your point.

In my playthroughs no kerbal is harmed, cause I take care of those little green guys ;-) No Kerbal is left behind. Just had fun doing some clay shooting with unmaned drones... :D

It's a personal decision, based on my own feelings. If someone wants to do it, I'm not objecting, just that I won't be doing anything with it

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's a personal decision, based on my own feelings. If someone wants to do it, I'm not objecting, just that I won't be doing anything with it

Alright. I got your point. I also do not feel like making KSP a war game. ;)

• 1 month later...

It is totally possible to replace  the nkd-nuke module from the config and replace it with the one from bda+ which is to my mind superior. Pretty straight forward. Look in the bda+ thread, all required information are there to do it on your own. I did it for my own install, but won't redistribute the configs and therefore used NKD-assets due to respect to the NKD creators... and licensing... 

Sooo... do the following: download the nkd package, open the part configs, remove the nkd-nuke-module and replace it with bda+nuke module. Voila, your have nukes made compatible with bda+ and can even drop the nkd plugin, in case this causes problems for you.  Just read the information about configuring things into nukes on the bda+ thread. I place there a how-to-do-tutorial for the config. You'll find it. ;)

Edit:

This describes how to make a normal bda+ part a bda+ nuke ... you can adapt the provided info to make a nkd-plugin-using nuke a bda+nuke. Have fun nuking asteroids! Mhhh.... just remembering bruce willis on an asteroid. Armageddon... long time since that movie.

Edited by Rakete

• 5 months later...

Im probably too late, but all my NKD bombs have a blast radius of 10. I tried maxing up all the engaging settings I found to no avail. My canon nukes seem to be working but all others like MOAB, FOAB, and Tsar Bomba produce the stock part crashing effect. I have checked my installation, which is all correct, and my BDA works fine. Pls help related to this problem