i want to build up my reputation by helping struggling players put thier crafts into orbit

Probro

okay, i've kinda made quite a reputation for myself [snip] and i admit, i was just not rational but i did lose a space station that took me weeks to build [snip], but that's not the point here, i want to put people's crafts in orbit, when your rocket gets too big or too heavy, you can ask me if i want to put the craft in orbit for struggling players since i've been playing since 1.2 i have pretty much mastered KSP, i have a good reputation but everyone around me always has a excellent reputation so i want to get there, i want to help struggling players put thier crafts into orbit or maybe, take it anywhere they want me to take it, i don't know how this site works since i rarely visit the ksp forums but i feel like i need to visit this site more often since it has alot of amazing people there and i want to be just like them, so send me your craft files and lets see what i can do. Also btw im using restock, restock+ space station expansion parts redux and planetary base systems, im also on 1.9.1 the latest version and your ''craft'' can be no more than 700 parts since i don't have the best pc, i can just turn the graphics all the way down so i can extend the max parts to 1000 but only on rare occasions because my cpu hits 90 degrees celcius when im running crafts like this. Anyway, if you meet the requirement send in your save file and i can get your craft in orbit.

oh and one more thing i live in the UK so the time as of writing this is nearly 6:00 AM so i had no sleep so im gonna be at least 10 hours late to dm's

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

13 hours ago, Probro said:

i want to put people's crafts in orbit, when your rocket gets too big or too heavy, you can ask me if i want to put the craft in orbit for struggling players

Welcome to the forum, and your offer is most welcome as well.

Be sure to post your exploits as well. We tend to like pictures, or movies. We're easy that way. ^_^

Hi @Probro,

Nice gesture, it's great that you want to help new players.

As other's have said, just 'doing it' for others won't actually help them learn, you need some way to demonstrate to them what you did, and how you did it.

Also if they just want it 'sticking in orbit' (or anywhere for that matter) the cheat menu already provides that facility.

9 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Hello @Probro, rather than give a man a fish (fly others rockets to orbit) you can help teach a man to fish (provide advice on overcoming various hurdles in the game). One place you could keep an eye on is the gameplay questions subforum. It's a great place to help members with gameplay issues.

how do i save posts?

5 hours ago, pandaman said:

Hi @Probro,

Nice gesture, it's great that you want to help new players.

As other's have said, just 'doing it' for others won't actually help them learn, you need some way to demonstrate to them what you did, and how you did it.

Also if they just want it 'sticking in orbit' (or anywhere for that matter) the cheat menu already provides that facility.

well yeah but nobody really wants to cheat to orbit because you dont really get that sense of accomplishment you know?

1 hour ago, Probro said:

how do i save posts?

You don't need to, the forum saves all the posts here. I use bookmarks/favorites in my internet browser to be able to quickly navigate to different parts of the forum. If you want to keep up to date on a particular thread or sub forum you can use the follow function:
GeP0TzY.png

2 hours ago, Probro said:

well yeah but nobody really wants to cheat to orbit because you dont really get that sense of accomplishment you know?

Personally I would regard "getting sombody else to do it for me" as cheating.  Unless I actually do it myself I have accomplished nothing.

Being shown/taught how to do it, so I can then go on to do it myself, is significantly different.

Your school teacher prepares you for the exam so you can do it yourself.  If somebody else does the exam for you... that's cheating.

I think what people consider "cheating" in this game is quite subjective. I, personally, would feel differently about someone like @Probro legitimately launching a payload for me than to just cheat it into orbit. Will be interesting to see if anyone takes him up on the offer :)

On 6/21/2020 at 5:29 PM, Vanamonde said:

Nice of you to offer help to others. :D

do you mind if i repost this somewhere else? i haven't really been getting any attention on this post.

12 minutes ago, Probro said:

do you mind if i repost this somewhere else? i haven't really been getting any attention on this post.

Crossposting is usually frowned upon, and doing so to increase one's visibility is actually against the rules here.

The Best way to gain a good reputation around here is to:

1. Be respectful of your fellow community members. 
  2. Get good at the game.  Or, if you can't, be happy that you aren't good at it and still love it!
  3. Answer questions and help out with constructive posts. 

Since you're new around here, and you've had a couple questions regarding how the forum works, I'll link you this, you might peruse it a bit, you mind find a useful tidbit or two in it:

43 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Crossposting is usually frowned upon, and doing so to increase one's visibility is actually against the rules here.

The Best way to gain a good reputation around here is to:

1. Be respectful of your fellow community members. 
  2. Get good at the game.  Or, if you can't, be happy that you aren't good at it and still love it!
  3. Answer questions and help out with constructive posts. 

Since you're new around here, and you've had a couple questions regarding how the forum works, I'll link you this, you might peruse it a bit, you mind find a useful tidbit or two in it:

cheers gargamel ive read the rules ans sometime i forget because im busy taking care of my pet rabbit and her scedule, i am not just good at the game i am AMAZING at the game, like i said, i've been playing since 1.2 but hey thanks anyway

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.