[1.12.x] Kip Docking Ports (v1.0 - 2021-07-05)

micha

iiryQSI.png

Version 1.0 - Released 2021-07-05

Compatible with KSP 1.12.x

(For earlier KSP version, use KIP Docking Ports v0.x)

[  License-CC%20BY--NC--SA%204.0-green Source-GitHub-green.svg CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg KSP%20AVC-supported-brightgreen.svg SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg CurseForge-listed-informational

NOTICE TO KDP USERS

This is a re-release of @CaptainKipard's docking ports mods, Non-Androgynous Docking Ports and Universal Docking PortsOriginal forum thread.

ABOUT

Kip Docking Ports is a small parts pack comprising 2 non-androgynous ("gendered") docking ports for the 1.25m stack, available slightly earlier in the tech-tree, and a set of universal docking ports useful for orbital construction tugs, which are available slightly later.

PICTURES AND VIDEOS

Imgure Album : https://imgur.com/a/5kLsVao

Spoiler

se7tbLwl.png

Back Row: Small, Medium, Large Universal Docking Ports
Front Row: Active, Passive Non-Androgynous Docking Ports

UlmHQyhl.pngaxikNAtl.png

Connected Living Space

Closed and Opened hatches

DOWNLOADS

• via CKAN - automatic updates and dependencies (recommended)
  • GitHub - always the latest release. Also access to the source code, pre-releases, the bug-tracker, and the Wiki.
  • Spacedock
  • CurseForge

Installation Instructions

Simply download the archive and extract the contents of the "GameData" folder into your KSP's "GameData" directory.

Mod Recommendations

SUPPORT

No logs, no support. Unless it's a feature-request, of course..

If you find a problem, try to reproduce it first with NO OTHER MODS installed. If the problem goes away, please try to identify which mod is causing the problem.

If possible, please raise the issue on GitHub.

CHANGELOG

The full changelog is here.

• v1.0 - 2021-07-05
    • made the active and passive ports lighter by about half.
    • added rotation to the universal docking ports (requires KSP V1.12 onwards)
    • added a staging icon to all docking ports
    • added cargo definition to all parts (requires KSP  v1.11 onwards)

CONTRIBUTORS

LICENSE

88x31.png

This mod is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by micha
Updated release for KSP 1.12

Initial release is live.  Bug reports and balancing suggestions welcome.  Unfortunately I don't have the original model files so I can't tweak those.

I've reduced the cost of most of the ports from the original mods as they were rather eye-watering (not sure if KSP has nerfed part costs since 2015..)  The ports still work well (please note the Non-Androgynous ports are very sensitive to correct orientation!) and look great. Many thanks to @CaptainKipardfor creating them in the first place!

Enjoy!

23 hours ago, Padrone said:

I remember these!  Thank you for bringing them up to date.

Any chance you're already working on updating the nodes on his Low Profile Hubs? 

LOL, funny you should mention this.. not personally interested in them (at this stage anyway), but figured I probably should re-release them as well instead of letting them bitrot.

EDIT: Will have to wait until tomorrow though, I'm knackered. Been burning the candle a bit lately and it's already past midnight again.. zzzzZZ but if you can't wait, I'll pop the GitHub link into that thread.  They seem to work except for a missing "Flag" file which I can't find.

Edited by micha

Thanks for the compile/rerelease! Questions: I can replace the previous/pre-this-release KipEng folder with the one here without any issues? (as in there are no substantive changes between your rerelease and the original release that will break crafts built with the last version UDPs, for example?)

And would you have plans or interests to make a 5m and/or 7.5m version of the megachonk UDPs?

23 hours ago, B-STRK said:

Thanks for the compile/rerelease! Questions: I can replace the previous/pre-this-release KipEng folder with the one here without any issues? (as in there are no substantive changes between your rerelease and the original release that will break crafts built with the last version UDPs, for example?)

I don't anticipate there to be any issues. The only things I tweaked were the VAB tab and prices.

But I'd still recommend you take a backup of your Save (should do that semi-regularly anyway) and give it a try.

23 hours ago, B-STRK said:

And would you have plans or interests to make a 5m and/or 7.5m version of the megachonk UDPs?

I don't have the model files and I'm not a modeller anyway.  I'd be happy to add them in if someone makes the models/textures though.  There's an outstanding request to add UDP's which don't support the 0.625m size and hence would be "passable" for CLS as well. But again, that would really require some modelling.

If you don't care about the looks you can make some new cfg files and resize the existing ones to suit.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Release v1.0 is out.

Unfortunately no longer compatible with earlier versions of KSP since I added rotation to the universal docking ports, and also made all of the smaller ports able to be cargo.

If there is a desperate need/want to have a version compatible with KSP1.11.x I can do so..

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 9:29 PM, icicleflo said:

this mod helped me a lot with designing space stations. glad you made this mod. 

I'm just maintaining it :) CaptainKipard made it..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.