[1.8.1 - 1.9.1] Kopernicus Continued

prestja

4 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

For what it's worth, these are the scripts that I used to generate / upload these stub assemblies: https://github.com/StollD/ksp-nuget It shouldn't be too difficult to adapt them for a different remote nuget repo, or to add definitions for new assemblies. They are already somewhat generic, so updating the assemblies to a new KSP version can be done very quickly.

With that setup building was as easy as doing a (recursive, to get the parser submodule) clone of the repo, restoring nuget packages (IDEs do that automatically) and hitting build. Although people kept reporting that the nuget stuff would simply crash Visual Studio, so take it with a grain of salt.

Personally, I always just rip that out and use my install.  But I mark it with a .gitignore so it doesn't propogate to the repo, if anyone else cares to use this.

Some of the NuGet packages looked out of date when I last checked, too.

Edited by R-T-B

On 6/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, Shawn Kerman said:

I have a fixed (and temporary) version of all three of light levels for 1.9.1 @RJVB09, if you would like them I can send it too you to make that it still looks like what it should be in 1.8.x, I have not tested what it's like going to orbit and landing, I only tested that they boot up with no errors.

@Shawn Kerman Sorry for the late response :p. You can dm them to me. I'll check them more deeply then.

Edited by RJVB09

5 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

please ignore this stupid me didn't read ahead

It's ok, we've all been there.  Fitting username for it, at least. :P

On 6/29/2020 at 1:04 PM, Hpl said:

EH is incompatible with kopernicus continued due to some bodies using the /BUILTIN textures 

And the author won’t update it until Kopernicus continued is proven stable

On this note, are there any dev docs on where /BUILTIN moved to?  I can't find any and it's kind of an issue here.

EDIT:  Nevermind I think I'm a noob.  It looks like we may be dealing with indexes read from the identification of the KSC on spawn.  I'll figure it out I think.

Edited by R-T-B

Dropped in from orbit today and found this thread....!!!!!

Landing protocol engaged!!!

Too bad I have to get sleep for work tomorrow......but....so....tempting.....yeah, I'm sure four hours sleep will be enough....at least three....I can do two.....Ok, I will just wear out my espresso machine in the morning.....

17 minutes ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Only issue I saw was that with OPM all the gas giants had the new Jool texture. That didn't happen with Beyond Home's though.

Most likely due to the gas giant bodies in OPM being templated off of Jool (traditional gas giants) rather than Beyond Home's gas giants not being 'traditional' gas giants in that sense and being templated off rocky celestial bodies with a PQS mesh.

Kopernicus may require and update or a change of syntax may be in order for mods to specify which material shader is to be used for their Jool templated bodies.

Edited by Poodmund

1 hour ago, ssd21345 said:

side notes 1.10 is released. Gonna be a long release since it's quite a long time to even get 1.9's stabilized

I'll take a look at the modders notes.  It may be possible we can skip 1.9 entirely given the timeframe, if it's not breaking too much, and just target 1.10.  Looking at what they changed, it's possible it might work with Kopernicus with a recompile acceptably.  Worst case, we just have to implement gas giant shaders or we get the old stock one.  If that's true, not only would 1.10 be supportable, but 1.9 would likely be supportable in the same build as well.  Anyone want to try a highly experimental test build?  PM me.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:44 PM, OhioBob said:

I don't know why anything having to do with solar panels would affect atmospheres.  But I do know the atmosphere problem I found was in a dev version that included the solar panel fix.  The problem could have very well been caused by something else in that particular build.  I'm happy to test any particular version of Kopernicus to see if the atmosphere problem I described is present or not.

I think I know why it does now.  I have several test builds to try, but I need a reliable test scenario.  I'm cooking one up now and this bug should be smashed soon.

Track here for this bug:

https://github.com/prestja/Kopernicus/issues/3

Edited by R-T-B

So looking at the modders notes, here's where we are with 1.10:

It should be possible to support 1.10.  But, and this is a big but...  (haa, I said butt), we don't want to release any code from that experimental work until 1.9.1 is PROPERLY working.  Thus it's totally unknown when 1.10 be done.  But we are aware of it.  I even have an issue opened to track it.

Edited by R-T-B

3 hours ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

I'd be interested, but it doesn't let me send PMs - probably because my forum account is very new...

Yeah, I'm not at that point of getting it to build just this moment, but I'll put you on the list if you are interested.  It won't be too long I'm sure, but I can't promise much other than it'll build at first (ie, here be dragons, don't use on your favorite save, etc).

Edited by R-T-B

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Please be advised that the atmosphere temperature bug that I reported is present in version 1.9.1-2.

I did, but then again, I was responsible for the supposed fix code.  Turns out it's only "kind of fixed"  It applies the right temperature to the measuring part on the vessel (like a 2HOT thermometer, for example), but not the vessel or atmosphere as a whole.  Or at least that's my suspicion.

Obviously needs work, but we're on it.

Edited by R-T-B

I have a proposed fix for the atmospheric bug.  If you want to help test that, contact me.  I'm basically the bleeding-edge fix guy.  The fix works, we know that, we are curious if it effects the EC output of solar panels in a multistar planet pack.

I also have an experimental 1.10 build I will begin sending to requesting parties today (that means PM me to get in on the testing program).  It looks...  promising.  Jool shaders are already running.  But they also apply to all modded gas giants, which is very awkward.  Still, at least Jool looks nice, and I haven't spotted any other obvious bugs.  We'll fix it eventually.

screenshot5.png

Taken in 1.10 Kopernicus-only.

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.