[1.8.1 - 1.9.1] Kopernicus Continued

prestja

9 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Wait kopernicus ISN'T supposed to be in Gamedata???

It is.  I think Shawn Kerman just has an extra special nonstandard setup or something (AKA I have no idea what's going on with his install).

7 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Oooh ok

I have a file named KSP, maybe thats it

That's it.  It doesn't always show the .log part in windows.

3 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

It is.  I think Shawn Kerman just has an extra special nonstandard setup or something (AKA I have no idea what's going on with his install).

2nd kopernicus is 1.8.x the gaemdata is... "the archive" and LMP and kittopia are their when I need them, so kinda organized for me and not others XD

It looks like if I had to guess, I'd say TweakScale doesn't work right with us yet.  But that's just a guess, you have a lot of mods there.  And I could be completely wrong.

I will look into it in more detail tomorrow.  The log is much appreciated.

53 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

It looks like if I had to guess, I'd say TweakScale doesn't work right with us yet.  But that's just a guess, you have a lot of mods there.  And I could be completely wrong.

Kinda of, but not too much. :)

Souptime is using TweakScale 2.4.3.11, a previous version that wasn't aware yet of a new behaviour on KSP 1.8 and KSP 1.9 while loading Part Modules: on KSP <= 1.7.3, removing the Module section from the prefab before launching a savegame would prevent the Module from being loaded on memory, but on 1.8 <= KSP < 1.10 (1.10 still in tests, not officially supported by TweakScale yet) the Modules are loaded anyway at the same conditions. This borked TweakScale because it inspects every single parts for show stoppers conditions and remove itself from parts that are not supported and were patched anyway - the removing mechanism stop working on 1.8.0 and TweakScale start to bork on that deactivated parts because KSP was starting it on them nevertheless, something that TweakScale never had to cope before.

@Souptime, please install the latest TweakScale (2.4.3.15 at this time). Please note that on KSP 1.9.x, you also need to install KSP-Recall due a glitch on the Editor on handling Resources - unless you are using Interstellar Fuel Switch (as you are), that are imune to the problem by handling Resources its own way, overruling any Editor changes (what's kinda what KSP-Recall does for parts using KSP standard Resources management).

Cheers!

47 minutes ago, Not a Spy said:

so the mod says that it is not thoroughly tested, when do you think it will be completely (or something close) ready for use?

When it gets posted to CKAN, it is ready.

I'd estimate a week or two at most, but no promises and that is completely my opinion and not a promise.  We are making progress everyday but there are still bugs.

Edited by R-T-B

31 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

When it gets posted to CKAN, it is ready.

I'd estimate a week or two at most, but no promises and that is completely my opinion and not a promise.  We are making progress everyday but there are still bugs.

k

now i got something to look forward too!

I'd like to help test but I'm not sure I'd be much help. I'm on 1.8.1/JNSQ with all my manually curated installs, and one with KSRSS. Do you need more JNSQ testing? Or maybe something else specific?

I have just created a stock 1.9.1 install with both DLCs, MM, clickthroughblocker and toolbarcontroller, and that's it. I'm happy to configure this instance with something particular if you guys could use the feedback. I'm just a tad unclear where to get the latest you want tested, and if you prefer to have eve/scatterer installed or not installed yet.

11 hours ago, Lisias said:

Kinda of, but not too much. :)

Souptime is using TweakScale 2.4.3.11, a previous version that wasn't aware yet of a new behaviour on KSP 1.8 and KSP 1.9 while loading Part Modules: on KSP <= 1.7.3, removing the Module section from the prefab before launching a savegame would prevent the Module from being loaded on memory, but on 1.8 <= KSP < 1.10 (1.10 still in tests, not officially supported by TweakScale yet) the Modules are loaded anyway at the same conditions. This borked TweakScale because it inspects every single parts for show stoppers conditions and remove itself from parts that are not supported and were patched anyway - the removing mechanism stop working on 1.8.0 and TweakScale start to bork on that deactivated parts because KSP was starting it on them nevertheless, something that TweakScale never had to cope before.

@Souptime, please install the latest TweakScale (2.4.3.15 at this time). Please note that on KSP 1.9.x, you also need to install KSP-Recall due a glitch on the Editor on handling Resources - unless you are using Interstellar Fuel Switch (as you are), that are imune to the problem by handling Resources its own way, overruling any Editor changes (what's kinda what KSP-Recall does for parts using KSP standard Resources management).

Cheers!

Wait im using interstellar fuel switch? hmmm...

well @Lisias thanks! imma go try it EDIT: nope, still dont work

Edited by Souptime

2 hours ago, maxs139 said:

Hey @R-T-B I'd love to test your 1.10 experimental build! But my account is too new to send PMs. Could you PM it to me? Thank you for your hard work!

I will, standby.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I'd like to help test but I'm not sure I'd be much help. I'm on 1.8.1/JNSQ with all my manually curated installs, and one with KSRSS. Do you need more JNSQ testing? Or maybe something else specific?

I have just created a stock 1.9.1 install with both DLCs, MM, clickthroughblocker and toolbarcontroller, and that's it. I'm happy to configure this instance with something particular if you guys could use the feedback. I'm just a tad unclear where to get the latest you want tested, and if you prefer to have eve/scatterer installed or not installed yet.

If you want to test the 1.9 release, just download the latest build from this thread and report bugs you find.

If you want to test the really bleeding edge 1.10 release, PM me.

55 minutes ago, Shawn Kerman said:

I can always test my "archive" of planet packs on that version, I don't mind going off to find some bugs.

Sure, added you to the list.  PM incoming.  Keep in mind 1.10 version needs a 1.10 KSP install.

Also if you want to track the 1.10 versions dev progress, you can do so here on my bleeding edge playground github (sheesh, that sounds like something you need a tetanus shot for)

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/tree/dev110

Edited by R-T-B

All good news on super bare-bones 1.10 + JNSQ. Flew a quick flyby of the Mun from launch to land and had no issues. Tracking station fine. Debug log very clean. No texture issues yet. I typically do have some texture issues around KSP with 1.8.1, but that's also with scatterer and eve, which I haven't added yet. So, off to add some visuals but in terms of stability of a base planet pack on 1.10, things look great so far!

edit: also will be trying The Reach pack

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

On 6/21/2020 at 4:25 PM, Aniruddh said:

I tested it with OPM, and it works fantastic! A minor performance decrease though, but that may just be the fact that this fork forces shader quality to Ultra.

Im trying to get this to work, are you playing stock(with DLC's) or what? it just doesn't work with anything

I posted a report on the scatterer forum so I won't repeat all of it, but in case it matters here, adding scatterer caused oceans to disappear on JNSQ/1.10, with a temp hotfix scatterer DLL provided by the author. A shader option fixes it, so I can't imagine it's a Kopernicus issue, but mentioning just in case.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I posted a report on the scatterer forum so I won't repeat all of it, but in case it matters here, adding scatterer caused oceans to disappear on JNSQ/1.10, with a temp hotfix scatterer DLL provided by the author. A shader option fixes it, so I can't imagine it's a Kopernicus issue, but mentioning just in case.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I know there have been issues with oceans reported.  I've discovered a problem that may be the same or a related issue, or perhaps something new.  I have a planet in which I'm using a custom ocean texture for a lava sea.  The texture has quit working in 1.9.1.  I'm getting the ocean color alright, but not the texture.  The top screenshot is 1.8.1-1 and the bottom is 1.9.1-2.

Spoiler

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot8.jpg

Edited by OhioBob

4 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I know there have been issues with oceans reported.  I've discovered a problem that may be the same or a related issue, or perhaps something new.  I have a planet in which I'm using a custom ocean texture for a lava sea.  The texture has quit working in 1.9.1.  I'm getting the ocean color alright, but not the texture.  The top screenshot is 1.8.1-1 and the bottom is 1.9.1-2.

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot8.jpg

Hm, what planet pack? Any errors in the logs?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.