[1.8.1 - 1.9.1] Kopernicus Continued

prestja

99LNx5b.png?1

Kopernicus Continued Planetary System Modifier is a mod that provides for the graceful introduction of custom celestial bodies in Kerbal Space Program. For the time being, all support is to be directed towards R-T-B's thread here.

Downloads

Download Kopernicus here

Credit

Credit must be given to current collaborator @R-T-B as well as previous authors @Thomas P. , @Sigma88  and many others for their incredible work in building an elegant solution for bringing new worlds to KSP.

Source Code

Source code can be found on the GitHub repository

License

Kopernicus is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License

Edited by prestja
underlining is important, yo

39 minutes ago, prestja said:

Credit must be given to the original author @Thomas P. as well as @Sigma88 for their incredible work in building an elegant solution for bringing new worlds to KSP.

Small correction. If you want to credit anyone as "original author", that honor belongs to @BryceSchroeder:

You've then got the likes of @NathanKell, @Padishar, @_Augustus_... And that's only the ones I could find on a short notice (there was at least two other guys I can't remember names of). Kopernicus had a lot of people involved in its development, especially back in the old days.

Yeah, that also means you can add yourself to the tail of a rather illustrious list of names. :)

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

I just tried this with JNSQ, EVE, Scatterer, Distant Object Enhancement, EVE, Planetshine, and TUFX in 1.9.1.  I have yet to encounter an error.  I took and aircraft and flew around the space center, then took something to orbit Kerbin with.

Thank you for testing JNSQ!

1 minute ago, prestja said:

Thank you for testing JNSQ!

If he didn`t landed on other planets, it may be not correct. On some previous (illegal) recompiles the ground texture  of everything except Kerbin was messed and caused heavy lag.

14 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

JNSQ

Just now, Poodmund said:

@prestja if you plan to add this to the CKAN index then may I suggest that you list the minimum version as 1.9.0 so that anyone running a previous version of KSP is forced to use the main Kopernicus trunk release versions?

CKAN support might be a whiles away, but yes I will do this. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

PE9riv4.jpg

JNSQ Mun on 100% textures, lag is becoming heavier when zooming out in flight scene. The pixelation on texture flickers when you move the camerazdpKIHq.jpg

That's a bug with the stock terrain shader. It happens when Kopernicus is not installed on the stock planets

4 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

JNSQ Mun on 100% textures, lag is becoming heavier when zooming out in flight scene. The pixelation on texture flickers when you move the camera

For the Pixelation, F5 then F9 and it should look better.  For the lag:  I'm not experiencing it.

b3PV0cE.png

2 hours ago, Damien212 said:

I've tested on JNSQ and it mostly seems fine, apart from this issue when Kerbin eclipses the Mun.

I'm getting this as well.

With Scatterer:

T8JYpzd.png

And without Scatterer:

DrkrQ6U.png

However, I removed EVE, and the shadow was gone.  So maybe an EVE issue since that's not updated for 1.9.1.

I tested Byond Home, and it seemed to have no issue. but Rhode's oceans were black voids. the black voids were fixed when installing Eve and Scatterer. also, when i cheated a plane to Gateway before i downloaded EVE and Scatterer, it was nothing but a bottomless ocean, and a glitched atmosphere.

i havent gone to gateway after getting the visual mods, but ill test it later.

rn, im going to see if Extrasolar works

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.