[1.8.1 - 1.9.1] Kopernicus Continued

prestja

2 hours ago, Rabada said:

Not sure if this helps, but FYI I tried this release out with a clean KSP 1.10 install (plus DLC) with the Beyond Home Planet Pack , which seemed to work well, and Galileo's pack, which I couldn't get to work. I tried running GPP with both its main, and its secondary configurations provided in the main dl. However either way, when KSP got to the main screen I got this message: "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process..." 

Here, Here, and Here are the log files that message said to post, in case you are interested.

Just FYI, I investigated this some and it is indeed an error in our particles system.

If you want to work around this bug before the new release, just delete the following lines from GameData\GPP\GPP_Planets\Lili.cfg

See below for highlighted lines:

lili.png

If it still errors out after that, do let me know (and yes, my screen is huge, sorry).

9 minutes ago, JoshTheKerbal said:

bump to 1.10 plz

1.10 is still experimental, but is available for testing:

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases

Keep in mind it's beta, even more so than the 1.9.1 version, so back up your savegame.  Right now it works for things like JNSQ, but bugs out on some other packs.  (Example is GPP above, which needs workarounds listed in this post).

We are aware of 1.10, and working on it too.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, Not a Spy said:

Hi,

Looks to me like a fair few mods are looking for ToolbarControl plugin, and failing to find it.  This can mess up a few things, and even though we (Kopernicus) don't really use that plugin, it being broken in some form could prevent Kopernicus from loading, I guess.  Honestly you have a lot going on.  I'd advise starting with trying to download the latest ToolbarControl:

And then the newest Kopernicus above (we've made a few releases since your report) and go from there.  Things MIGHT just start to work.  Unsure.  You've got a modsoup that I can't really debug, I just work on Kopernicus. ;)

Kudos for figuring out the logfile permissions, though. :)

Edited by R-T-B

2 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Hi,

Looks to me like a fair few mods are looking for ToolbarControl plugin, and failing to find it.  This can mess up a few things, and even though we (Kopernicus) don't really use that plugin, it being broken in some form could prevent Kopernicus from loading, I guess.  Honestly you have a lot going on.  I'd advise starting with trying to download the latest ToolbarControl:

And then the newest Kopernicus above (we've made a few releases since your report) and go from there.  Things MIGHT just start to work.  Unsure.  You've got a modsoup that I can't really debug, I just work on Kopernicus. ;)

Kudos for figuring out the logfile permissions, though. :)

i have toolbar controller, thats odd, ill go check there  thanks!

1 minute ago, Not a Spy said:

i have toolbar controller, thats odd, ill go check there  thanks!

Lots of exceptions relating to it, it's not my mod so I can't say what exactly is going on there except someone isn't happy with something about it... lol sorry for being so vague.  Maybe try removing mods one by one until things start to work?

Just now, R-T-B said:

Lots of exceptions relating to it, it's not my mod so I can't say what exactly is going on there except someone isn't happy with something about it... lol sorry for being so vague.  Maybe try removing mods one by one until things start to work?

yeah, i just made a post on the toolbar controller thread asking for support

thanks!

8 hours ago, R-T-B said:

My advice to you for a longterm save would be to wait for 1.9.1's CKAN release.  We have all agreed it won't go there until it's stable, and frankly, it's close.  Very close.  You could probably start a save with 1.9.1's latest release now, but waiting for CKAN would be the "sure thing."

As for 1.10, it's still a ways away, maybe even a couple weeks.  It's got bugs still, sadly.  Works on many packs but a lot of things still needs fixing for others.  Nature of the KSP update process, I guess.

A couple weeks is a "ways away"?!  WOW!  You guys are awesome!  I'm used to a ways away meaning maybe before the next update.  Not just here, but in every game simply because the more complicated ones tend to take that much more to iron out lmao!

7 hours ago, StoneWolfPC said:

A couple weeks is a "ways away"?!  WOW!  You guys are awesome!  I'm used to a ways away meaning maybe before the next update.  Not just here, but in every game simply because the more complicated ones tend to take that much more to iron out lmao!

I hope I don't regret those words, keep in mind, but that's my honest best assessment. ;)

It may slow down later too, right now my enthusiasm is high for this.  Hopefully it stays that way, lol.  One of the bad things about enthusiasm is you don't really control when it comes and goes, it just does.

Edited by R-T-B

25 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

I hope I don't regret those words, keep in mind, but that's my honest best assessment. ;)

It may slow down later too, right now my enthusiasm is high for this.  Hopefully it stays that way, lol.  One of the bad things about enthusiasm is you don't really control when it comes and goes, it just does.

Same issue I have when writing my novel.  lol.  I've started chapter 2 after the 30th time I've torn it up and started over. :P  Anyway, Kopernicus 1.10 tested really well.  I had no log issues or errors AT ALL doing a minimal mod visual only so I added a bunch of my other mods.  Nothing Kopernicus popped up with Outer Planets installed.  Mind you I haven't landed on the other planets yet.  But here's the visual result (I dare say it looks better than 1.9.1). 

gzvRhzz.jpg

V6cRFmD.png

dkJSJ4U.jpg

NQPeAbx.jpg

3 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Will the 1.9 version work for 1.10?

KSP 1.10 is too buggy at this moment (mod fairings not working, not loading certain mod parts, etc.) so general advice is just skip 1.10 till 1.10.1 is available.  This doesn't affect Kopernicus dev, just users installing mods.

Edited by MashAndBangers
Clarity

3 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Will the 1.9 version work for 1.10?

We have a 1.10 build, but I am lacking bug reports on it.  If you want to play with bleeding edge stuff, scroll up a bit and find the link, as mentioned.  We'll make it easier to find soonish.

Oh wait, I decided to be nice / a magical link appeared:

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases

Edited by R-T-B

2 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

1.10 is too buggy at this moment (fairings not working, not loading certain parts, etc.) so general advice is just skip 1.10 till 1.10.1 is available.

I wasn't aware of any bugs like that from Kopernicus, sure you don't have restock or something else installed causing that?  Kopernicus 1.10 is indeed buggy in some ways, but nothing relating to those issues that I know of.

Or maybe you were just speaking generally, like for a lot of other mods etc?

Edited by R-T-B

20 minutes ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Fairings and other parts work for me. 

19 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

I wasn't aware of any bugs like that from Kopernicus, sure you don't have restock or something else installed causing that?  Kopernicus 1.10 is indeed buggy in some ways, but nothing relating to those issues that I know of.

Or maybe you were just speaking generally, like for a lot of other mods etc?

Updated my post for clarity.  I'm basically saying users who want to install mods should hold off till 1.10.1.  Doesn't affect Kopernicus development.

I'm trying out Kop1.10.0(pr1) on a KSP1.10 but with way too many mods to give a proper report. ;)

I *am* running it with JNSQ and all its support mods, and so far, so good!  I ran into a tree with an Aries3 and surprised myself by having a wing sheered off.  I'll start actually launching rockets and visiting other worlds to see how fully this is working, but it's looking okay thus far.

Hi,

I'm on 1.10 ans Kopernicus 1.10 pre from R-T-B. Many mods too.

The only issue I saw is that the non-retractable 1x6 solar panel does not break coming back to Kerbin from orbit.

I have a lot of mods and I didn't find a single entry in my logs about something being broken with 1.10.  I loaded first with only visuals.  Then I loaded with the mod list I was currently testing.  I can run through a bit more extensive and land on planets if you wish?  Just in case here's a link to the log file (it's the one in the main KSP directory, if you need others please specify so I can grab them too!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xdIJJMlaQwo5c8S7VNYJB2lnuvAf1u_m/view?usp=sharing

Also, 1.9.4.................. after a certain point those flags start floating on Kerbin again.  It occurred after reentry from Mun.  I recovered my vessel and saw the little waypoint things floating.  I'm wondering if it's an interaction with Waypoint Manager and not at all Kopernicus now that I see it again.  It happened a lot later into my play through this session.  I was on the moon with a rover for a couple hours and nothing happened.  I even flew around, and did the usual things that bug out. 

The log file for 1.9.4 is going to have errors from other mods as I did sort through that and I'm still troubleshooting my way around what's not working and why. >.>  It was working prior to a few updates recently so I'm assuming it's going to be one or two of those being bugged. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j12gJPepbtfHeXxrJ4G8oSs6sLjOblVO/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, StoneWolfPC said:

I have a lot of mods and I didn't find a single entry in my logs about something being broken with 1.10.  I loaded first with only visuals.  Then I loaded with the mod list I was currently testing.  I can run through a bit more extensive and land on planets if you wish?  Just in case here's a link to the log file (it's the one in the main KSP directory, if you need others please specify so I can grab them too!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xdIJJMlaQwo5c8S7VNYJB2lnuvAf1u_m/view?usp=sharing

That's the wrong log file, you need the Player.Log in addition to KSP.log:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's the wrong log file, you need the Player.Log in addition to KSP.log:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Thank you!  I always try to troubleshoot things myself, but on this one I have just ended up stuck.  I'll work any other mod issues out as I go, but if anyone has advice on what you see, I'll take it all.  Don't spend more time working on this than needed for Kopernicus though because I don't want to waste your valuable time. :P  I only am posting in hopes it helps you guys get to the bottom of anything you need lmao. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qGFKm-qU3u7XdJ56nbyErEFGFx0s3WTc/view?usp=sharing

And my mod list from CKan (not sure if I need 1.10 or 1.9.1 so I'm going to load 1.10 first, and 1.9.1 next in the links to follow.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLsbCO4DBmW2lxL27BlJUrwYVS-m-uhT/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqB_MatZbqXCo9scUSbrZsyOYBeo4QtA/view?usp=sharing

If I can do anything else let me know!  Anything to help the cause!  Except programming because I can't do that. lol

I had the first build of Kopernicus Continued working on .1.10 with GPP GEP OPM Outer Kerbin and a bunch of other planet mods. I can confirm where earlier in the thread its a mater of atmospheric curves needing to be rewritten for them as well as some settings updatings.

What I can say is that last night I seriously borked my game to where I had to revalidate files. So I copied my game to a new folder after validating and now nothing in Kop is working. At first I thought it was because I updated moduel manager to 4.1.4, but that seams to not be the case when I reverted back. 

After a few more trials, I'm at a loss as to why it won't load any Kopernicus related mods after working for so long, so I downloaded the dev branch for 1.10 to try again.

Unless the issue is trying to do:

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:FINAL:NEEDS[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Laythe]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            %referenceBody = Minmus
            inclination = 0
            eccentricity = 0
            semiMajorAxis = 8000000
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
            epoch = 1
            %tidallyLocked = True
        }
        @Properties
        {
            %radius = 600000
            %geeASL = 1
        }
    }
    @Body[Minmus]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            %referenceBody = Sun
            inclination = 0
            eccentricity = 0
            semiMajorAxis = 13599840256
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0

}
    }
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            %referenceBody = Minmus
            inclination = 0
            eccentricity = 0
            semiMajorAxis = 8000000
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 3
            epoch = 1
            %tidallyLocked = True
        }
    }
}

Now I haven't tried my original mod that just moves Laythe and minmus around, not Kerbin as well. Though I'm thinking its this. I'll have a KSP log if this doesn't load correctly this time.

@R-T-B New test with your newest dev of Kop hangs up on WBI Solar Trusses. Still seeing if I can figure this out before I lob up some files

Edited by Azic Minar
Well now ... error

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.