[1.8.1 - 1.9.1] Kopernicus Continued

prestja

Now I properly installed CTB, it didn't work, have tried deleting reinstalling it and its dependencies via CKAN multiple times, but I have noticed every time I start KSP with this setup, this shows up (ZeroAVC is one of CTB's Dependencies, so maybe this is causing a problem?)
I mean by this point you're probably thinking I'm trolling and I don't blame you, but I'd really appreciate if I somehow got this modpack working eventually                       
unknown.png

Edited by Geryz

12 hours ago, Geryz said:

Now I properly installed CTB, it didn't work, have tried deleting reinstalling it and its dependencies via CKAN multiple times, but I have noticed every time I start KSP with this setup, this shows up (ZeroAVC is one of CTB's Dependencies, so maybe this is causing a problem?)
I mean by this point you're probably thinking I'm trolling and I don't blame you, but I'd really appreciate if I somehow got this modpack working eventually                       
unknown.png

That’s normal. It’s just zeroavc’s way of letting you know it’s doing its thing. 

Ok I'll try that
Edit: Huh. On a clean save with just Kopernicus (and its dependencies) installed, everything is working. It seems to have been some sort of incompatibility with one of the lots of mods in my (at the time) cluttered GameData Folder. I'll try installing my other mods again and see when/if it fails

Edited by Geryz

5 hours ago, Geryz said:

Ok thanks, so now at least I know that isn't causing the problem
But now what

Also, it is always best to provide your latest KSP.log available to us on a file service like GoogleDrive or DropBox.  (Psst, my sig has a clue.)

This is better than just telling us about things and a dozen or so shotgunning you with possible solutions off the top of our head.

Edited by TranceaddicT

1 hour ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

So, I've been having a problem that (I think) is a Kopernicus issue. See here:

Help would be greatly appreciated, I really want to start working on my mod again!

Thanks for the report, I'll take a look when university relents a bit. 

2 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

So, I've been having a problem that (I think) is a Kopernicus issue. See here:

Help would be greatly appreciated, I really want to start working on my mod again!

This sounds kind of like the multistar-math system throwing a fit.  I'll look into it right now.  If I can produce a fix, I'll push it to the bleeding edge first for testing, and update you here with a link to the build.

Edited by R-T-B

16 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

This sounds kind of like the multistar-math system throwing a fit.  I'll look into it right now.  If I can produce a fix, I'll push it to the bleeding edge first for testing, and update you here with a link to the build.

I have... no idea what that means, but sounds good!

14 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I have... no idea what that means, but sounds good!

It means I'm looking into it and will update you, so I don't think it's your fault. :)  A fix will be had soon.

EDIT:  Actually, bleeding edge ALREADY has this fixed.  I will push the latest fixes from there to stable on CKAN today, it is overdue anyhow.

Edited by R-T-B

Just pushed release 3 to CKAN with the following fixes:

1.) The ocean specular sun shader was misaligned by 90 degrees. This has been fixed.

2.) Some edge case loading exceptions were dealt with (basically the bugfixes discussed above with @Misguided_Kerbal).

CKAN should automagically update soon.  Otherwise and/or if impatient, just grab it from github:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

Edited by R-T-B

38 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

1.) The ocean specular sun shader was misaligned by 90 degrees. This has been fixed.

2.) Some edge case loading exceptions were dealt with (basically the bugfixes discussed above with @Misguided_Kerbal).

CKAN should automagically update soon.  Otherwise and/or if impatient, just grab it from github:

And... it works! Thanks you so much!

8 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Hi! First of all, thanks for you continued work on this great mod! I'm having a problem though.

I'm not sure how to find your mod on CKAN  (never used it in all the years I've played unfortunately), and the version you uploaded on GitHub (1.9.1-3) doesn't seem to work; I had to revert to 1.9.1-2. When using 1.9.1-3 I get the "Incompatible mod" error, and another error in the top left corner that warns me that Kopernicus isn't compatible with this version of KSP and to not load any of my saves.

I'll do my best to figure out CKAN so this isn't an issue for me in the future, but just thought I'd let you know about my experience. Thanks again!

17 minutes ago, TARDIS Mapping said:

Um, the mod breaks my game. If I could get advice on this or something? I can give you a modlist if needed.

I after the main menu opens, I can't press start game, the buttons don't work. This is on all the 1.9.1 versions of Kopernicus.

Thanks for the report.  I get a few of these reports from time to time but people never send modlists to help investigate.  If you could send yours along with some basic system specs (CPU/GPU/RAM is all I need really) and (if possible) a KSP.log file (from your game root directory after Kopernicus loads), I would be most greatful and do my best to try to track this down.

In the meantime, you may try navigating with the keyboard arrow keys.  Lame, but usually works.  Would still love to get data to fix it properly...  this has been elusive in terms of the people who report it don't tend to follow up with the things I ask.  Please be the exception. ;)

1 hour ago, Klime22 said:

Hi! First of all, thanks for you continued work on this great mod! I'm having a problem though.

I'm not sure how to find your mod on CKAN  (never used it in all the years I've played unfortunately), and the version you uploaded on GitHub (1.9.1-3) doesn't seem to work; I had to revert to 1.9.1-2. When using 1.9.1-3 I get the "Incompatible mod" error, and another error in the top left corner that warns me that Kopernicus isn't compatible with this version of KSP and to not load any of my saves.

I'll do my best to figure out CKAN so this isn't an issue for me in the future, but just thought I'd let you know about my experience. Thanks again!

Are you using 1.10.1?

If so, we don't support that in the official releases yet.  You can preview it (it works pretty decently) in the "Bleeding Edge" betas here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases

And don't worry, CKAN is identical to the stable builds here, you don't have to use it to get the reliable stable 1.9 builds.  Actually all the builds are pretty stable right now, bleeding edge just has some more features needed before I'm willing to tell planet devs "it's ready."

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, Klime22 said:

LL8wQM2.png

This is for KSP v1.9.1

(Mine doesn't look up-to-date because I have BE28 installed)

On 9/18/2020 at 10:53 PM, R-T-B said:

Are you using 1.10.1?

If so, we don't support that in the official releases yet.  You can preview it (it works pretty decently) in the "Bleeding Edge" betas here:

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases

And don't worry, CKAN is identical to the stable builds here, you don't have to use it to get the reliable stable 1.9 builds.  Actually all the builds are pretty stable right now, bleeding edge just has some more features needed before I'm willing to tell planet devs "it's ready."

Sorry for the late reply, but yes this was the exact problem. For some reason I thought the update you had posted was a "bleeding edge" beta update. Just more evidence that I need more sleep :confused:. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

New stable branch update out.  It should be in CKAN soon. 

Pay attention to the bolded sections on this release please as this release removes a small (mostly unimportant) feature due to temporary breakage.  We are working on it.  We still thought the ringshader fixes were worth a release/update.

@R-T-B R-T-B released this 2 minutes ago

New in this version (1.9.1-5)

1.) This is pretty much just like release 4, but it works. (release 4 had a typo that crashed it). In that vein:

2.) The longstanding ringshader bugs have been fixed.

3.) Some changes to better support @Gameslinx Parrallax shader project.

4.) The old method to use the stock asteroid generator has been removed. This means Sentinel contracts are temporarily broken and will be scrubbed from your contract list. If this bothers you do not update, we hope to have it fixed soon.

New in major release (1.9.1)

1.) Performance Optimization and bugfixes enabling KittopiaTech support.

2.) JNSQ & other large world "Farm patch" bug fixed.

3.) Particle support restored.

4.) All 1.9.1 bugs that are known fixed. Full support for 1.9.1

5.) Multistar support. The math on ECs in single star may be slightly different than stock in some situations, but it should be similar in most and not enough to matter.

4.) Added GameData\Kopernicus\Config\Kopernicus_Config.cfg file, with options to configure shader warnings and enable or disable shader locking. Easy to edit, just look inside!

PS:  If you donwloaded Release 4, it was broken.  Trash it and get release 5.  Pardon the mess, someday I'll learn not to code late at night... lol.

Edited by R-T-B

Ever since I installed the latest (1.9.1-5) the asteroids have slowly disapeared from around. Right now, about a in game year has passed and i don't see any (I normally have around 5 floating around Gael).

Also, the sentinel relays are bugged. I have 3 and they detect nothing, but that's not new. They have have detected nothing since I launched then, and that was 3 in game years ago and 3 kopernikus versions ago.

Playing GPP, Ksp 1.9.1.

log:  https://easyupload.io/sytdna

On 9/27/2020 at 9:51 PM, Nicky21 said:

Ever since I installed the latest (1.9.1-5) the asteroids have slowly disapeared from around. Right now, about a in game year has passed and i don't see any (I normally have around 5 floating around Gael).

Also, the sentinel relays are bugged. I have 3 and they detect nothing, but that's not new. They have have detected nothing since I launched then, and that was 3 in game years ago and 3 kopernikus versions ago.

Playing GPP, Ksp 1.9.1.

log:  https://easyupload.io/sytdna

The Sentinel relay bug is temporary and known, I'd advise the former release (version 3) if it bothers you.  It might work there, but I'm not sure.  It's always been iffy.

As for the asteroids dissapearing, that's much stranger.  I will look at your log, but a revert should work for you in the interim.  I'd advise Version 3 as version 4 was critically bugged.

If anyone else is experiencing this same bug, please chime in.  It could also be that the fairly dramatic asteroid spawner changes we pushed recently require a new game.  In that case, feel free to use an earlier release to maintain your game.  I really doubt that's the case though.

EDIT:  You were probably getting asteroids via the stock spawner rather than your planet pack, which we have removed support for.  Your planet pack, which I assume is GPP, should provide support for custom asteroids and have this not matter though.  Are you keeping the home system with GPP or no?  Maybe the packs config behaves differently than you are used to?  Here is the asteroid config for GPP if you are curious, it controls where asteroids can/will appear.

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[GPP]
{
	!Asteroid:HAS[~author[*]]:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary]{} 
	//Should be able to allow multiple celestial mods' asteroid fields to persist once they have an author field.

Asteroid
	{
		name = GalileanBelts
		author = Galileo
		interval = 15
		probability = 66
		minUntrackedLifetime = 10
		maxUntrackedLifetime = 20
		spawnGroupMinLimit = 10
		spawnGroupMaxLimit = 15
		Locations
		{
			Flyby
			{
				Body
				{
					body:NEEDS[GPP_Secondary] = Gael
					body:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary] = Kerbin
					minDuration = 15
					maxDuration = 60
					probability = 50
					reached:NEEDS[GPP_Secondary] = True
					reached:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary] = False
				}
			}
			Around
			{
				Body
				{
					body:NEEDS[GPP_Secondary] = Ciro
					body:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary] = Sun
					probability = 50
					reached:NEEDS[GPP_Secondary] = True
					reached:NEEDS[!GPP_Secondary] = False
					semiMajorAxis
					{
						minValue = 24000000000
						maxValue = 36000000000
					}
					eccentricity
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 0.2
					}
					inclination
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 15
					}
					longitudeOfAscendingNode
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 360
					}
					argumentOfPeriapsis
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 360
					}
					meanAnomalyAtEpoch
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 6.283185
					}
				}
			}
		}
		Size
		{
			//Even spread of all classes
			key = 0 0 1 1
			key = 1 1 1 1
		}
	}
	Asteroid
   	{
		name = RoyalSpuds
		author = Galileo
		interval = 15
		probability = 10
		minUntrackedLifetime = 50
		maxUntrackedLifetime = 150
		spawnGroupMinLimit = 10
		spawnGroupMaxLimit = 15		
		Locations
		{
			Around
			{
				Body
				{
					body = Nero
					probability = 100
					reached = True				
					semiMajorAxis
					{
						minValue = 7500000
						maxValue = 15000000
					}					
					eccentricity
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 0.05
					}
					inclination:NEEDS[EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements]
					{
						minValue = 8
						maxValue = 12
					}
					inclination:NEEDS[!EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements]
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 5
					}
					longitudeOfAscendingNode:NEEDS[EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements]
					{
						minValue = -25
						maxValue = 25
					}
					longitudeOfAscendingNode:NEEDS[!EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements]
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 360
					}
					argumentOfPeriapsis
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 360
					}
					meanAnomalyAtEpoch
					{
						minValue = 0
						maxValue = 6.283185
					}
				}
			}
		}
		Size
		{
			//Even spread of all classes
			key = 0 0 1 1
			key = 1 1 1 1
		}
	}    
}
On 9/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Have to report that I'm still getting farmland circuit board patterns with 1.9.1 and the latest release on Github.

Log file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1h1I1rsmufICuiOOkw6lCQDKUtwJfdFqK?usp=sharing

KoX2z2V.png

Ah darn.  Are you running with Ultra shaders?  I really thought we had this eliminated...  Guess we need to take another look.  That's the Mun, right?

Edited by R-T-B

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.