ISS Community Revival

Sampa

ISS Community Revival

2KNm8VX.jpg

Ok, so was very sad to see this mod go away.  So, went ahead and cleared it with both Bobcat and Dragon01, and they have both allowed me to attempt to revive this mod.  I am still in early phase 1 of the revival, which is establishing what is wrong, missing, or otherwise broken/obsolete.  I will not post the download link as of yet, as the mod is no where near ready for distribution, but felt the need to announce what is going on.  I am, however, seeking to start a modding team to work on this, as my abilities can only go so far. 

Ok, moving into Phase 2, after testing, discovered a few missing parts and other parts completely obsolete.  So, Phase 2, the fix list before release is the following:

Unity Module (Node 2) not loading in game.      --fixed

various broken assembly nodes.   --Ongoing

HTV not loading in.   --Fixed

Robot Arm obsolete...pending removal to separate folder.     --removed, and replaced by Inverse Kinemetics

As for the team, I feel like I can learn Blender well enough to get basic fixes done, but the Unity program is not functioning correctly, or I have yet to figure out what I am doing, so I will need someone who is experienced in working with Unity... at the immediate moment.

Long Term Goals (ongoing plans not immediately necessary for initial distribution):

-Add in the P6 and P5 truss segments

-Establish and RSS/RO config files-started

-create a decoupler for a progress craft to carry and detach the Pirs, Poisk, and Rassvet parts to the station

-change the S1/P1 part to allow it to be more have more realistic radiator deployment

-Add the ESP, ELC, etc.

-update the Destiny module textures

-Add parts that are not yet on the ISS yet but are planned for the future.

-create individual interiors for each habitation module

-look into cutting out possible dependencies by internally creating rockets for part launchers

Credits:

Allowing me to fix and maintain the mod: @Dragon01 and @BobCat

Provided assistance where needed: @Mecripp and @FalconHeavy2019

Inverse Kinemetics Canadarm2: @Trufiadok

Edited by Sampa
want to give credit where it is due

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Maybe your could talk to Jeast about his Canadarm if you needed a replacement sent him a message a while back and he is about and was looking to update it 

I actually PMed him about his mod a few weeks ago when I started working on this mod...but has not received any response.  I will keep looking in the meantime.

15 hours ago, FalconHeavy2019 said:

So i will help you with this mod feel free to email me what you have done and i will try to help you with the mod. if you email me make sure to put in the subject ISS mod and tell me the version of the game we are making it for.

Email is [email protected]

That would be great!  thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 11/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, D0m1nu2 said:

Awesome! Can't wait for this to come out!

How is progress so far?

Progress is rather slow, at the moment, due to the fact that some of the hit boxes on pieces are not right, and I am learning as I go.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

Thanks for your work mate, looking forward for a fully working RSS/RO compatible ISS! I will follow development! Hopefully the mod will bundle a craft file as well for reference :D

I will see what I can do about that.  in the meantime, I have recently enlisted in the Air National Guard and currently awaiting when my ship date is for going off to basic training and tech school.  I will work on this as long as I can, but I am going to look for someone to take over for during the time I am at basic training and tech school.  If anyone is interested, DM me, please. (I will not have access to the internet during that time)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I cannot yet give a direct answer as to how much longer.  I have been burned out on KSP for a while so had to take some leave from it after I finished my Air Force Basic Training.  I have since resparked my interest in Kerbal, so I intend to get back to work as soon as possible.  As for Mir... I had thought I saw someone working on Mir, but it was several months ago, so will go seek it out again.  if it is not being worked on, I can certainly work to bring it up to date.  I WILL however, make the ISS mod completely independent of Mir,  as I will be placing Zvesda and Zarya (and whatever parts needed to function with ISS) inside the ISS folder, so there would be no need to get both to build this.  More information will follow.

Edited by Sampa

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.