KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

53 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

So where exactly? What should I replace it with then?

The suit should reflect (in my case literally since I am lucky enough to have a computer that can run texture replacer) on the destination we choose, so for each planet the green and yellow should be:

Moho: Brown and Red (because that's what the color of the maneuver node dV bar will be when you plot your capture burn.)

Eve: Purple and White.

Gilly: Brown and Black.

Kerbin: Blue and Green.

Mun: Grey and light Grey.

Minmus: Green and light Green.

Duna: Orange and White.

Ike: Grey and Yellow (the color of the patched conic for your new solar orbit after you leave the Duna system early.)

Dres: Grey and Black.

Jool: Green and dark Green.

Laythe: Blue and Brown.

Vall: Blue and light Blue.

Tylo: Grey and Yellow (the color of your ships explosion when you belatedly realize you started your suicide burn too early/late.)

Bop: Brown and Yellow (the color of your ships explosion after a kraken attack.)

Pol: Yellow and Green

Eeloo: White and Brown.

Edited by catloaf
Can we please start the new thread for building and voting on destination soon.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:31 AM, catloaf said:

Eve: Purple and White

Eve should be purple and green(color of the sunset there and countless kerbals stuck there)/yellow or orange(color of the explosion of the ship that tried to enter its atmosphere)/red(color of the overheating bar when entering its atmosphere)

3 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

Eve should be purple and green(color of the sunset there and countless kerbals stuck there)/yellow or orange(color of the explosion of the ship that tried to enter its atmosphere)/red(color of the overheating bar when entering its atmosphere)

The white represents the oceans.

On 7/11/2020 at 3:30 PM, Space Nerd said:

If most of the Eve-themed suit would be purple, and Eve's surface is purple too, it migth be just too much purple.

But I think I once saw a report form a surface sample or EVA report (I can't rememper exactly what it was, it was a long time ago) taken on the surface of Duna that said that the spacesuits would be full of Duna-dust now and that they should have used pink suits because the dust wouldn't be visible on a pink suit. So we should use pink if we make a Duna-themed suit.:D

6 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

When everyone is ready

I am ready.

But I could make some of the last modules of the station because I have a fast gaming PC that can handle hundreds of parts. People with a slow PC could make the first modules so that the lag isn't that bad during docking.

37 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

I'd personally rather wait till 1.10.1

Good idea.

1 hour ago, s_gamer101 said:

I am ready.

And I just realized that I probably can't play at all next week, that means I'm not really ready now. :(

But I think the rest of you will probably need more than a week to make their modules, so feel free to already start building the station. Just leave some free docking ports for me. :D

Edited by s_gamer101

Is it too late for me to join in? I could probably shave my mass relay module down to ten parts...

Edit: Should probably clarify that my "mass relay" is really just two opposing mainsails with a fuel tank sandwiched between them. Good for deorbiting kerbals or small pods.

Edited by SomewhereOutInSpace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.