KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

1 hour ago, epicfailure2020 said:

um i cant find out how to upload the save to kerbalx so can i just upload the core module to kerbal x for someone else to put into orbit?

or is there another way to upload a save to the forums?

Try https://www.file.io/ and post the resulting link. I believe you'll have to compress the save to a .zip first?

Edited by OutInSpace

Here's mine:

screenshot302.png

screenshot294.png

screenshot295.png

screenshot300.png

Jeb puts on his night vision googles (disable ks3p)

screenshot301.png

slidin down bop with Jool lookin goood!

It has enough dV to land on Vall, Bop and Pol. It can refuel with isru.

Note that the screenshots are not 100 percent accurate, they contain a very similar but slightly older version.

because its 26 parts ill just leave it on Vall.

https://kerbalx.com/Catloaf2019/Smol-moon-lander

Edited by catloaf

23 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

should i attach a ship to an asteroid and bring it into kerbin orbit?

In order to do that you would have to learn how to dock first, because capturing an Asteroid in KSP is basically docking with an Asteroid.

I built a small nuclear ship with 2645 dv which has 20 parts, the RCS works great, seats 2 (1 in lander can and 1 seat), can dock, and has strong SAS and all orbital science parts you need!

Update: I added action group 1 to read the experiments except EVA report, and 2 to collect all. And the RCS causes some wobble but it's nothing major.

Can someone build a fuel module for refueling my ship? (It needs LF and Mono)

2JdyDAk.png

qkKIFkW.png

k7z7ID9.png

8BPAZFk.png

Edited by Space Nerd

4 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

Ok, let‘s make both an Asteroid and some big fuel tanks. And even if refilling this with @catloaf‘s lander would theoretically work, it would take a loooooong time since it can only carry very little fuel as payload.

I wonder how possible it would be to redirect one of the smaller comets. IIRC those can have very high ore fractions.

18 minutes ago, OutInSpace said:

I wonder how possible it would be to redirect one of the smaller comets. IIRC those can have very high ore fractions.

There's a thread about this. With persistent thrust it should be theoretical possible when you are mining the comet. You'd have to make sure that you can produce more fuel per time than the engines consume.

Edited by s_gamer101

6 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

I'm thinking just some giant fuel tanks that can possibly be refilled by @catloaf's lander.

Although an asteroid could work too.

The one issue is that your craft has a jr docking port and mine has a regular one. However I could adapt my craft to do a fuel routine. I could have it to from Pols surface to Pol orbit where it will refuel a large ship that will transfer the fuel to Laythe. This ship will refuel fuel tanks in the station, which has all kinds of docking ports.

1 minute ago, catloaf said:

The one issue is that your craft has a jr docking port and mine has a regular one. However I could adapt my craft to do a fuel routine. I could have it to from Pols surface to Pol orbit where it will refuel a large ship that will transfer the fuel to Laythe. This ship will refuel fuel tanks in the station, which has all kinds of docking ports.

This migth still take a long time.

5 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

Ok, let‘s make both an Asteroid and some big fuel tanks. And even if refilling this with @catloaf‘s lander would theoretically work, it would take a loooooong time since it can only carry very little fuel as payload.

Yeah the lander is a crew transport vehicle that can refuel to be autonomous. However it has 2.4 km/s dV when fully fueled, so if I replace the Rockomax tank poodle design with a mk3 tank two nerva design it would probably have a lot of dV. So even if it had to carry oxidizer as a payload it would still probably be able to transfer a good amount of fuel. With these changes alone it would work as crew transport and pretty good fuel transport. But if I used a big LF/OX tank and some vectors it could end up being able to go to more destinations and carry more fuel, especially if I could leave the vectors in orbit which is very doable if I attach the nervs radially. Actually, if I built a modular system we could have a lot of range and destinations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.