KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

I dont know where you live but in the netherlands (where I live) it is afternoon. I am able to play tomorow at about 11:00 am. (9:00 am GMT). Can I go then? I can try to design my modules right now but I dont have enough time to launch them.

Are we using a standard type of docking port? Or can I choose which one I want to use?

My first module: science lab!

https://imgur.com/VRng3lQ

docking ports:1 clamp o tron jr. (on an adapter supposed to look like the one used on the iss), 1 clamp o tron, and 2 clamp o tron sr. (one I will use for docking it)

parts: 29 i wanted put a ion probe in the cargo bay but that would add way to many parts for such a small detail so i decided not to do it. so just imagine the empty cargo bay is a place to deplay probes from ;)

it contains every science experiment that does not have to be used on a surface or atmosphere and 2 labs for much amazing scientific discoveries. also a habitation area for the scientists to live.

2 more modules to come!

Is someone busy with it right now? Because I have time now.

11 hours ago, catloaf said:

https://kerbalx.com/Catloaf2019/Jebs-supertransporter

My fuel transporter, Kerbin SSTO, Probably Tylo lander, Laythe Lander thing. Its not done yet. Has some control issues, and is a lag friendly 104 parts!

screenshot305.png 

Do you want a place to dock it?

20200812120615-1.jpg

my last module: an observatory, it has a place for kerbals to relax and enjoy the view, a telescope dome, and a radiotelescope.

Together with my other two modules: an laboratory area and a "nuclear reactor"

20200811210459-1.jpg

20200811213325-1.jpg

When can I add them?

Edited by minerbat

10 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

I originally decided to build an ion probe, but switched to a nuclear ship because the problem of generating enough EC at Jool.

If you just have a single ion pushing a few tons, you can get away with around 500ec of storage with 2 RTGs for generation. Even once the batteries run dry you can get about 1.2kN of thrust running straight from the RTGs.

2 hours ago, minerbat said:

snip

Is that a fairing on top of your observatory?

17 minutes ago, OutInSpace said:

Is that a fairing on top of your observatory?

It is a fairing, yes. But there is nothing special inside. It is meant to 1: replicate the shape of a dome like this one:

SOTTimeLapse.jpg

And reason 2: It hides the back of the SENTINEL telescope part so you can only see the little telescope lens

Also, where did I say 'Snip'?

Edited by minerbat

9 minutes ago, eee said:

im gonna make a quick visual mod pack, is that ok?

Do you need to use it? I would want to but my computer can barely handle stock KSP :(  If it is something that is optimal it is fine but if I need to use it not really. Maybe if it is very light weight I can run it on low settings?

1 minute ago, minerbat said:

Do you need to use it? I would want to but my computer can barely handle stock KSP :(  If it is something that is optimal it is fine but if I need to use it not really. Maybe if it is very light weight I can run it on low settings?

I might be able to compress it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.