KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

On 10/2/2020 at 12:13 AM, s_gamer101 said:

Welcome @probe137! You can still add a module to the station, since @Aniruddh is transfering modules from LKO to the station for people who aren't familiar with orbital maneuvering.

OK, but I won't be completely sure about which Kerbin orbit they will be in due to the way I do orbital maneuvering (I point at certain markers depending on the stage instead of making a maneuver. It also depends on the launch vehicle I use (I use the Saturn V to launch large and medium things and the Jool V, one I made myself to launch small things))

On 10/3/2020 at 12:06 AM, probe137 said:

OK, but I won't be completely sure about which Kerbin orbit they will be in due to the way I do orbital maneuvering (I point at certain markers depending on the stage instead of making a maneuver. It also depends on the launch vehicle I use (I use the Saturn V to launch large and medium things and the Jool V, one I made myself to launch small things))

This reminds me of the time when I was a beginner. I recommend to learn how to do a proper "gravity turn", there are lots of great tutorials for beginners. But if your orbit is a little bit excentric, we'll find a solution, so don't worry.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, Space Nerd said:

Oh, also I removed my saves when cleaning my dropbox, I can reupload if needed.

I mean the saves I uploaded earlier.

Sorry for the confusion.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:11 PM, Space Nerd said:

This.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 3:11 PM, Space Nerd said:

I tried to download the save that @Space Nerd uploaded, but when I open this link, it says that the file has been deleted.

@epicfailure2020 If I remember correctly, you asked if someone could launch your module. I'm in quarantine now, this means I have a lot of time so I could launch it for you.

Edited by s_gamer101

I've placed the station into a 45,000 km orbit around Jool. Looks like it has 3.8 km/s of dv left in the end, so I'm going to leave the tug docked to the station if anyone wants to use the remaining fuel on it.

mCt8XgZ.png

e4a54LZ.png

v8DTQwJ.png

Also, should I send 'science ship' to Jool as it has its own fuel and engines, or will @Space Nerd do that?

Link to the save so far: Link removed temporarily

Edited by Aniruddh

On 11/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, Aniruddh said:

Looks like it has 3.8 km/s of dv left in the end, so I'm going to leave the tug docked to the station if anyone wants to use the remaining fuel on it.

I thought you would fly the tug back to Kerbin orbit, refuel it and use it for other modules in the future.

Who adds the next module now?

@minerbat Your modules are ready for launch, right? Do you have a slow PC? (because people with slow PC's can go early so that the game doesn't lag that much when docking with the station)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.