KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

On 7/24/2020 at 4:51 PM, SomewhereOutInSpace said:

Edit: Should probably clarify that my "mass relay" is really just two opposing mainsails with a fuel tank sandwiched between them. Good for deorbiting kerbals or small pods.

Cool, then someone else could make an escape pod that could be deorbited using your mass relay.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:36 PM, epicfailure2020 said:

so can I teleport the module to the station without needing to fly it there?

That would be cheating. But we will probably make some kind of a delivery system so that beginners don‘t have to fly their stuff to the final destination. You would have to launch it to LKO instead and them someone else takes care of the transfer.

22 minutes ago, s_gamer101 said:

I‘m ready now.

I'm also ready. It's been a month since 1.10 released and 1.10.1 has also been released. It's been over a month since I last played ksp other than for testing mods, and would like to get started on this.

Anyone want to build the core module of the station?

Ok, here's what I think is going on.

On August 7 @eee will put the core module in LKO. Then @Aniruddh will transport the core to low Laythe orbit. In an order not yet established people will take their modules as far as they can get them (either docked to the core, or in low Laythe orbit, or in LKO.) After that me and a few others will dock all the modules to the station with LV-n tugs. The save file will be passed via email.

Also, does everyone here have discord, because if so, we should start a server and pass the save file that way.

Second also, I am assuming that the modules will be transported in separate tugs or in groups of two, because this will probably take less time and effort than transporting them all at once.

33 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Also, does everyone here have discord, because if so, we should start a server and pass the save file that way.

I don't have discord:(

34 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Second also, I am assuming that the modules will be transported in separate tugs or in groups of two, because this will probably take less time and effort than transporting them all at once.

The number of modules that are transported together should depend on their mass - When there are as an example 4 small ones we transport them together, but if there is a very big one, we transport it alone.

2 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

The number of modules that are transported together should depend on their mass - When there are as an example 4 small ones we transport them together, but if there is a very big one, we transport it alone.

Yes, the low mass modules are light enough that engine gimbal and rcs can compensate for the offset com, but we can't start figuring out how may tugs there will be until everyone's finished. Unless of course we build a ridiculous tug that can handle 20 big ore tanks.

32 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Unless of course we build a ridiculous tug that can handle 20 big ore tanks.

That reminds me that we should have a way to produce fuel on the station.

(Who transfers my little 50 kiloton comet to Jool?:D)

I think a Astreoid would be the best way to do this. We could capture a Dresteroid in Dres Orbit, then we wouldn‘t have to transfer it all the way from Kerbin orbit to Jool.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, s_gamer101 said:

That reminds me that we should have a way to produce fuel on the station.

(Who transfers my little 50 kiloton comet to Jool?:D)

I think a Astreoid would be the best way to do this. We could capture a Dresteroid in Dres Orbit, then we wouldn‘t have to transfer it all the way from Kerbin orbit to Jool.

Kspi-e has engines op enough to do it (the comet.) I could install it ,and then destroy all ships with its parts before passing the save file.

Edited by catloaf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.