Hey guys (titles are hard)

Theolain

So, I haven't been on a forum for a long, long time, but my experience tonight and the amount I have used the forum to help has prompted me.

My experience tonight was my first real encounter with the kraken in nearly 440 hrs of playing ksp (I know, probably not long compared to most of you). Been trying to beat the final boss (kerbals with science equipment to eve surface and back) without the inflatable heat shield or full tech tree unlocked, trying things in sandbox ready for the 'real' try. On my try this evening, I quick saved when my cutes were fully open (when I ditch my heat shields it keeps on taking out some of my ship). On loading this save, my ship random accelerated tearing itself up in the atmosphere, when I ditched the stage it flung me into space at 10million m/s. I ended up having to ditch the attempt and retry.  I can not find anyone having anything similar, but I assume it has happened to others? I assume, don't quick save in the atmosphere?

I may sometime post details of my full mission if anyone will be interested?

Anyway, about me, I am a metaller, live in the UK and make AR modules (the bare bones optics inside a headset) for a living and outside of ksp I play jrpgs mainly. I have played a lot of ksp, but not really done a huge amount of interplanetary travel. Last successful mission was landing on moho and back (ignoring the kerbin system). I tend to try things way above my ability level on ksp.

Tldr: kraken hit me for the first time today, from the UK, not been on forums for a while.

Thank you for the welcome. :)

I have created the start of my mission details, how is best for me to link to it? URL in initial post?

I wonder if anyone else has had the same Kraken as me? Maybe I can see if the save is still there and take screenshots, or videos? Thought I am not really savy enough to make a vid of it....

Wellcome aboard. I'm new here too, but also a kraken's friend frome some time ago. Releasing heat shields on Eve's atmosphere made me "F9" a lot of times :( by insta-killing my lander tearing it into pieces. I found really hard to find the sweet spot into the atmosphere to release them without some phisics going mad.