catloaf

Should ksp1 dlc's be made stock in ksp2.

Should Breaking Ground be stock in ksp2?  

59 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Breaking Ground be stock in ksp2?

    • Yes
      54
    • No
      5
  2. 2. Should Making History be stock in ksp2?

    • Yes
      33
    • No
      7
    • Yes, but no mission builder.
      19


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I just think it would be odd for ksp2 to have advanced fusion propulsion but no 5 meter parts. I also feel that both dlcs should have been stock updates (minus the mission builder.) Feel free to explain your answers.

Edited by catloaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said no because I don't think it "should" be added.

I don't have any objections if the devs decided they wanted to however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without servos and electric motors as core part of KSP2, it'd feel like major regression to me, personally. If any other parts of these expansions, or something similar to them, ends up in DLCs, I can live with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t imagine ksp without the 5 meter parts. They are so dang handy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP1 was sold as an incomplete product at an incomplete price.

KSP2 is sold as a premium product - so yes, I do expect a wider selection of parts including robotics. It's not a show stopper for me but I'd be disappointed if those kind of parts were not included.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm addicted to unfoldy bits and I would be very sad if robotics were not stock, and 5 meter parts (at the very least, with full Making History at the most) should really be stock if huge base setup kits and engines are to be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that the launch price of KSP 2 is 60 USD, yes, the DLC's should be stock. And don't you DARE nerf my Wolfhound engine!^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely they should be included. That would be totally counter-intuitive to make your customer buy the exact same DLC again for a different title 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K^2 said:

Without servos and electric motors as core part of KSP2, it'd feel like major regression to me, personally. If any other parts of these expansions, or something similar to them, ends up in DLCs, I can live with it.

That's my thought.   The historical parts as  DLC I'm cool with, bit the science and robotics seems it should be part of the base game in the sequel. 

9 minutes ago, FOCFF said:

Absolutely they should be included. That would be totally counter-intuitive to make your customer buy the exact same DLC again for a different title 

Unless, of course, you're running a business and want to make a profit.  :D.   Not being rude there, just pointing out that the customer and the studio have different end goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FOCFF said:

Absolutely they should be included. That would be totally counter-intuitive to make your customer buy the exact same DLC again for a different title 

Doesnt work like that. I have a few games for both xbox and PC. I had to rebuy all the games and dlc when i switched to pc. Heck, even fallout 4 CC content (paid mods) is only good for a single platform. I did not repurchase any of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Unless, of course, you're running a business and want to make a profit.  :D.   Not being rude there, just pointing out that the customer and the studio have different end goals.

It's worth pointing out, that more savvy and rational consumers would lead to the two coinciding a lot more often. But practice shows that people will absolutely re-buy DLC, no matter how much they grumble about it on forums.

It's very similar to prisoners' dilemma. If all of us would stop buying re-hashed or intentionally cut from main game DLC, we would probably all get more for the initial purchase and better DLC. But that would mean giving up on at least some of the DLC that we find acceptably priced, even if we think it's unfair, which is the incentive for "defecting". And, of course, if enough people "defect" by buying such DLC anyways, there is no incentive for publishers to set up pricing any different.

I'm pretty sure we'd still find things to up-sell people on, so even from perspective of someone who has potential to earn money from people buying more DLC*, I don't think it'd be such a bad thing if gamers actually made better purchasing decisions, but I can't offer anything like a concrete plan on this.

It is note-worthy that public image and reviews are a factor in sales, and cutting something that customers and reviewers consider essential from the game is going to be detrimental. We've seen this plenty of times, so it's not entirely gloom and doom. There are feedback mechanisms in place that actually do work and protect gamers from egregious exploitation of downloadable content monetization. But once you've managed to make a game that manages to sell well, whether on merits or marketing, then there is really no incentive not to sell everything else piecemeal.

* Yeah, it's mostly publishing house execs who are getting rich from DLC and enhanced edition floods, but bonus programs are often tied to games' post-release performance, so even rank developers have incentives to push more DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a feeling that there will be stock 5 meter parts, some of those station components have got to weigh a ton.

And we’re going to need heavy lifters for supplies right? 

So large diameter parts might have a decent chance of being integrated  into the stock game, and even if they aren’t either 1. Mods or they’ll be a dlc. I dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lewie said:

I’ve got a feeling that there will be stock 5 meter parts, some of those station components have got to weigh a ton.

And we’re going to need heavy lifters for supplies right? 

So large diameter parts might have a decent chance of being integrated  into the stock game, and even if they aren’t either 1. Mods or they’ll be a dlc. I dunno.

they already confirmed 2 additional size classes in some interview some months ago.

If they're additional upon 5m or including it it's a mistery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 7:44 PM, MechBFP said:

I said no because I don't think it "should" be added.

KSP 2 is being sold at 60$, the DLC better be stock. Besides, you're overthinking what the options mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP 2 is being sold at 60$, the DLC better be stock. Besides, you're overthinking what the options mean.

 People seem to think KSP 2 means KSP 2.0. That isn’t the case.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MechBFP said:
2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP 2 is being sold at 60$, the DLC better be stock. Besides, you're overthinking what the options mean.

 People seem to think KSP 2 means KSP 2.0. That isn’t the case.  

Still, it should have all the features added by KSP 1's DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Still, it should have all the features added by KSP 1's DLC.

Yea! I cannot say how many times the saturn v parts have come in handy. I can’t imagine trying to lift heavy equipment into orbit or to other planets with out those 5 meter parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lewie said:

Yea! I cannot say how many times the saturn v parts have come in handy. I can’t imagine trying to lift heavy equipment into orbit or to other planets with out those 5 meter parts.

If KSP 2 has scalable tanks, for example, then why would you need those parts?

Exactly, you wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

If KSP 2 has scalable tanks, for example, then why would you need those parts?

Exactly, you wouldn't.

Well yeah.....

That does make a lot of sense, come to think of it. As long as we still have srbs like the clydesdale and pollux.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MechBFP said:
17 hours ago, Lewie said:

Yea! I cannot say how many times the saturn v parts have come in handy. I can’t imagine trying to lift heavy equipment into orbit or to other planets with out those 5 meter parts.

If KSP 2 has scalable tanks, for example, then why would you need those parts?

Exactly, you wouldn't.

We're not running under the assumption it will have any sort of procedural parts. Even with scalable parts, space suits and historic parts would be nice to have in this 60$ game. Besides, BG's robotic parts have nothing to do with scalable parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point playing KSP without robotics would feel like playing half a KSP. I don't think the DLCs ought to be cloned, but I do fervently hope robotics are in, better than in Breaking Ground.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, we have seen multiple instances of gravity rings....

so rotors are confirmed. 

I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say yes to the 'essence' of both, but I sense that KSP2 will have a slightly different feel and/or focus so 'total inclusion' is probably not appropriate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All mods? No, of course not. The following is my list of mods that should be stock. Either because that mods functions are not present stock or because its superior (in my opinion) to what is stock:

1. Mechjeb. Autopilot for automation/teaching things like docking.

2. Chatterer. Who doesnt like the sound of comm traffic?

3. Procedural Fairings. The gold standard of what fairings should be. Imo.

4. Kerbal Inventory System. Better inventory implementation than stock. More options. More cargo options too.

5. Kerbal Attachment System. Makes EVA more meaningful when building bases or stations. Makes it easier too I think.

6. Planetary Base (system??). More ground base options.

7. Reentry Particle Effect. Utilizes code already in game (that is still disabled) to enable plasma trails. (Why this code has not been turned on at this point still confuses me. Back in the day it was a performance thing, i get that, but in 2020 our rigs far exceed spec for ksp <for most of us at least> that it could atleast be a toggle feature id imagine, but thats just me not knowing for sure the reality of it)

just the top 7 from my list. Your list may vary :D

013407062020
 

013807062020

Edited by AlamoVampire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.