Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 1.5 - Work From Home Developer Update

We're getting CRANES!

Also at the top-right corner of the VAB where the launch button typically goes: "Fly safe". Nice nod to Scott Manley. The VAB was also specified in the top-left corner to be that found on Kerbin's KSC, suggesting an easy way to switch between extraplanetary launchpads.

Edited by prestja

Few catches

2D tutorial, looks funny

Spoiler

Q546q3w.png

FOOD! LIFE SUPPORT OF SOME SORT (probably only to keep the colony alive)

Spoiler

6RnyLV1.png

Launch ramp lol

Spoiler

7X5A4Ny.png

CRANE! And probably few other things someone would notice

Spoiler

aiTHMdo.png

And we have VAB GUI, I'll take a second to decipher it

z2F1BNC.png

3 minutes ago, prestja said:

I'm going to miss our lumpy Minmus but I think this more realistic depiction of our minty moon is for the best.

We only got a short glimpse of it, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions. They may completely overhaul the terrain but they'll probably keep its overall look.

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Ok, so my quick addition of what I think there is

J3wz0Vd.png

Any thoughts?

Seems like this image demonstrates the ability to edit multiple subassemblies at once, too. That smaller module isn't attached to the main vehicle but it's not ghosted out.

5 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Ok, so my quick addition of what I think there is

J3wz0Vd.png

Any thoughts?

QJFdvFZ.png

The category above the one selected and the symbols you labeled ???

Sub-assemblies into Kontainers?

1 minute ago, Master39 said:

QJFdvFZ.png

The category above the one selected and the symbols you labeled ???

Sub-assemblies into Kontainers?

Good point, and since the same icon is on the right of the screen, I think that this is indeed a container category.

Beautiful planetary footage! That VAB interior, the color schemes? YESSSSS!

Actually, the VAB is enormoz! At 4:30 you can see the editor interface in detail. Moar buttons! That smaller craft has a magnetic nozzle. Also, is that a MK 3 pod on top?

Big Daedalus ship in Duna orbit at 3:50, too. It has a funny disc between the "nozzle" and fuel tanks. Is it a radiation shield?

I love the kool kolonies; can't wait to build my own

New solar panel size prevalent throughout. Is that Minmus at 4:19?

Edited by SOXBLOX

1 minute ago, AlamoVampire said:

Now this is beautiful stuff! Glad the team is safe. My machine is no potato, but seeing this makes me wonder if we are going to see part count lag issues like in ksp.

Hopefully they’ll find some solution to part count. Maybe with the colonies and giant shipyards/stations can be counted as a single, massive part up until you enter physics range/you interact with it. I dunno...

Ksp2 looks epic!

We are all really glad the team is staying safe and @Nate Simpson seeing your son and you playing ksp was just heartwarming! 

10 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Planets and lighting looks cool. Im not personally digging the colony aesthetics. I was imagining more dome structures than high rises.

you can't change the terrain, some work-around is needed.

8 minutes ago, Master39 said:

you can't change the terrain, some work-around is needed.

Good point. Not a big issue for me. Kas 2 with a few mods and i can fix them right up. Assuming the colonies arent in preset locations.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Finally able to watch it on something larger than a phone. It's good to see that the editor in the vab is something familiar, just rearranged and some new functions added. I like how the esthetics are coming along. It does look like some type of life support will be added for your colonies. The construction crane is a nice touch. And i have a feeling my poor old APU won't be able to run KSP2 very well. I'll have to upgrade when KSP2 is released.

18 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Planets and lighting looks cool. Im not personally digging the colony aesthetics. I was imagining more dome structures than high rises.

Depending on the allowed footprint for the colonies, you should be able to work a bunch of domes where you want. I personally would like something not based on a cylinder or dome for colony construction.