[1.12.x] CryoTanks: Liquid Hydrogen storage and management (Oct 25, 2021)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Sorry, need more information.Which tanks? How do you mean, view? In the part window? Somewhere else?

I personally also can't see this, but only for non-Cryotanks tanks like stock and nfp, for Cryotanks tanks it works

On 11/21/2020 at 7:57 PM, Nertea said:

Sorry, need more information.Which tanks? How do you mean, view? In the part window? Somewhere else?

Yes sorry for being vague here, in the part window in my VAB, none of the tanks show exactly how much Ec/s they need in cooling. It just says -Ec/s per 1000 units. I think it might be a mod issue, as any Nearfuture mods seem to mess with my aspect ratio.

50 minutes ago, lookolookthefox said:

Yes sorry for being vague here, in the part window in my VAB, none of the tanks show exactly how much Ec/s they need in cooling. It just says -Ec/s per 1000 units. I think it might be a mod issue, as any Nearfuture mods seem to mess with my aspect ratio.

Ok, that is working as intended. I haven't figured out how to populate that field dynamically, so you have to right click on the tank when placed to see the final value. 

I don't think my mods have any ability to touch your aspect ratio.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, Nertea said:

Ok, that is working as intended. I haven't figured out how to populate that field dynamically, so you have to right click on the tank when placed to see the final value. 

I don't think my mods have any ability to touch your aspect ratio.

Thanks for your help! I don't know if it is nearfuture for certain, though it isn't a problem really, theres an easy workaround for the bug i've got. Things could be a lot worse with the amount of mods I've got.

• 3 weeks later...

@Nertea It appears to be a problem with the newest release for 1.11 .  Debug console is printing "NullReferenceException:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object" if you add any tank from the mod to the editor. While in flight console says "[ModuleCryoTankPowerHandler]: Critical configuration error: Multiple ModuleCryoTank nodes found with identical or no moduleName".

24 minutes ago, MrFancyPL said:

@Nertea It appears to be a problem with the newest release for 1.11 .  Debug console is printing "NullReferenceException:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object" if you add any tank from the mod to the editor. While in flight console says "[ModuleCryoTankPowerHandler]: Critical configuration error: Multiple ModuleCryoTank nodes found with identical or no moduleName".

Thanks I'll look into it.

Hi, 
The "cryo-tank" resource switcher didn't allow the "LF" and "LFO" type. I've been unable to make my own  ".CFG" to avoid continuously return modifies the "CryoTanksFuelTankSwitcher.cfg" file at each update. Do you have any clue on how to do it?

Exactly that.  I want to make a dedicated patch.
It would be for my own usage.... unless you are interested to integrate it in the mod.
I also forgot the "monopropellant" ,"LqdHe3" , "Deuterium" and  "DeuteriumHe3" options ((PS thanks to your great "Far future" mods, played a lot with the old version ))
All my try to make my own outside of the  "CryoTanksFuelTankSwitcher.cfg"  have fail or are conflictual. 

Well, that patch is pretty complex. 

Generally first you will define some tank types, or use them if other mods define them:

B9_TANK_TYPE
{
	name = yourTankType
	tankMass =  0.000278904   // <- edit this
	tankCost = 0

RESOURCE
	{
		name = ResourceYouWant // <- edit this
		unitsPerVolume = 4.995 // <- edit this
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Resource2YouWant // <- edit this
		unitsPerVolume = 0.333 // <- edit this
	}
}

Then write the patch to patch the parts you want

// Target the parts you want here, run it after the CryoTanks patch
@PART[yourPartHere]:FOR[zzzz_CryoTanks]
{
	// Target the module
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]
	{
		// Add new subtypes here
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = yourSubtypeName // <- edit this
			title = yourSubtypeTitle // <- edit this
			tankType = yourTankType  // <-- As you defined above 
		}
	}
}

This should get you in the right direction

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm also having xZephy's Issue
whenever I enter 1000x+ time warp boil off occurs when previously there was none

I made sure that my energy generation far exceeded the amount needed to cool the tanks but the issue persisted (even when using a constant energy source i.e. a nuclear reactor)
I have Dynamic Battery Storage installed so I'm confused as to why this could be happening

5 hours ago, Rockmonster0921 said:

whenever I enter 1000x+ time warp boil off occurs when previously there was none

I made sure that my energy generation far exceeded the amount needed to cool the tanks but the issue persisted (even when using a constant energy source i.e. a nuclear reactor)
I have Dynamic Battery Storage installed so I'm confused as to why this could be happening

@Rockmonster0921, @xZephy, I'm not seeing it.  I'm running KSP 1.11.1 x64 on Win10 with CryoTanks 1.5.6 that comes with latest versions of CryoEngines and Kerbal Atomics.  I've got Kopernicus 1.11.1-28 (Stable Release) to run Outer Planets Mod, plus Persistent Rotation to keep my craft pointing at the sun during warp .  I tried a craft with a 2.5m Hydrogen tank and a KA Eel, using two small Stock 2x3 solar panels inside Kerbin's orbit.  Then I tried it with the biggest panels I could get out of NearFutureSolar to operate at 500 million km (past OPM's Neidon, which reduces light to <1/1,350 of level at Kerbin's orbit).  No issues at maximum 100,000x timewarp or smaller increments (haven't tried Better Time Warp yet).

I repeated the test with an X200-16 2.5m tank (ReStock-ified) and cooling turned on (anything that's not a CryoTanks LH2 tank defaults to cooling turned off).  No issues to report.  Solar panels appear to track properly during warp when I don't have Persistent Rotation set.

Have you cleaned out all old versions of CryoEngines and/or Kerbal Atomics folders and all their dependencies (including CryoTanks, Dynamic Battery Storage, etc.) and upgraded to latest?  I don't know if latest versions are backwards compatible with earlier versions of KSP.  Sometime these things aren't and you'd likely need to go to the GitHub page to pull older release packages.  You'll want to avoid mixing and matching older and newer versions of mods with their dependencies.

Edited by KSPrynk

On 2/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, Rockmonster0921 said:

Logs and modlists would be helpful. Specifically, it's worth checking for things like Kerbalism, that disable DBS and thus the timewarp compensation. 

19 hours ago, Nertea said:

Logs and modlists would be helpful. Specifically, it's worth checking for things like Kerbalism, that disable DBS and thus the timewarp compensation. 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:41 PM, KSPrynk said:

@Rockmonster0921, @xZephy, I'm not seeing it.  I'm running KSP 1.11.1 x64 on Win10 with CryoTanks 1.5.6 that comes with latest versions of CryoEngines and Kerbal Atomics.  I've got Kopernicus 1.11.1-28 (Stable Release) to run Outer Planets Mod, plus Persistent Rotation to keep my craft pointing at the sun during warp .  I tried a craft with a 2.5m Hydrogen tank and a KA Eel, using two small Stock 2x3 solar panels inside Kerbin's orbit.  Then I tried it with the biggest panels I could get out of NearFutureSolar to operate at 500 million km (past OPM's Neidon, which reduces light to <1/1,350 of level at Kerbin's orbit).  No issues at maximum 100,000x timewarp or smaller increments (haven't tried Better Time Warp yet).

I repeated the test with an X200-16 2.5m tank (ReStock-ified) and cooling turned on (anything that's not a CryoTanks LH2 tank defaults to cooling turned off).  No issues to report.  Solar panels appear to track properly during warp when I don't have Persistent Rotation set.

Have you cleaned out all old versions of CryoEngines and/or Kerbal Atomics folders and all their dependencies (including CryoTanks, Dynamic Battery Storage, etc.) and upgraded to latest?  I don't know if latest versions are backwards compatible with earlier versions of KSP.  Sometime these things aren't and you'd likely need to go to the GitHub page to pull older release packages.  You'll want to avoid mixing and matching older and newer versions of mods with their dependencies.

Logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/syg54osigs6xxf5/Player.log?dl=0

I did some more testing and it seems  the issue occurs when Dynamic battery storage applies the battery storage multiplier during activation of timewarp. I observed this when transitioning to a higher level of timewarp and during this short amount of time battery charge decreased to about half, battery charge stays at the same value until I increase time warp again which causes battery charge to decrease further. Eventually the battery charge reaches zero.
if my explanation isn't sufficient I can provide a video.
I do not have Kerbalism or any similar mods installed

6 hours ago, Rockmonster0921 said:

Logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/syg54osigs6xxf5/Player.log?dl=0

I did some more testing and it seems  the issue occurs when Dynamic battery storage applies the battery storage multiplier during activation of timewarp. I observed this when transitioning to a higher level of timewarp and during this short amount of time battery charge decreased to about half, battery charge stays at the same value until I increase time warp again which causes battery charge to decrease further. Eventually the battery charge reaches zero.
if my explanation isn't sufficient I can provide a video.
I do not have Kerbalism or any similar mods installed

Thanks, a video is probably useful, I haven't looked at your log yet but I will probably ask for some kind of screenshots in order to see the behaviour of the plugin and how your ship looks. Please ensure the DBS window is open and visible. I need to see what production and consumption numbers the plugin is detecting and from what parts. 

Edit: yes I will need to see your craft. Log is not very informative.

Edited by Nertea

CryoTanks 1.6.0

• Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 2.2.2
  • Methalox tankage is now enabled by default
  • Adjusted localization to generalize new tanks to 'cryogenic fuels' rather than liquid hydrogen only
  • Balance tuning for methalox tankage
  • Global patch does not patch tanks with WBIOmniStorage
Edited by Nertea