Data collection for Oberth Effect

Hey,

I am grade 12 student currently working on my Extended Essay. The topic of my essay involves Oberth Effect. I understand that data can be collected for Oberth Effect on KSP. My essay is due in 2 weeks. I have never used KSP before. Would anyone be able to help me collect data for my Extended Essay. I can share more details if someone can help me out. 

Thanks alot 

Pranav

Welcome to the forum, @pranavsuri!

5 hours ago, pranavsuri said:

I am grade 12 student currently working on my Extended Essay. The topic of my essay involves Oberth Effect. I understand that data can be collected for Oberth Effect on KSP. My essay is due in 2 weeks. I have never used KSP before. Would anyone be able to help me collect data for my Extended Essay. I can share more details if someone can help me out.

You can do this, certainly.  There are several ways to go about it, but fortunately for you, most use the cheat menu for experimental repetition, so you don't need to learn about design principles when you're only interested in learning about orbital mechanics.  The obvious route, I think, would be to take a standard probe with a standard (small) propellant load, place it in a variety of orbits using the Set Orbit cheat function, burn it from full to empty, and measure the effects; however, I hesitate to assume anything about the nature of your essay or the data that you specifically seek to collect.

48 minutes ago, Zhetaan said:

Welcome to the forum, @pranavsuri!

You can do this, certainly.  There are several ways to go about it, but fortunately for you, most use the cheat menu for experimental repetition, so you don't need to learn about design principles when you're only interested in learning about orbital mechanics.  The obvious route, I think, would be to take a standard probe with a standard (small) propellant load, place it in a variety of orbits using the Set Orbit cheat function, burn it from full to empty, and measure the effects; however, I hesitate to assume anything about the nature of your essay or the data that you specifically seek to collect.

Hi Zhetaan,

Thanks alot for the reply. Yes, thats exactly what I was looking for, I only require it to collect data for Oberth effect. Compare the Δv values for orbits with varying periapsides. I will take a look at the cheat menu and how to go about. it. I am a complete newbie to KSP. This information in itself is very very helpful. Thanks alot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.