Can't load ships in VAB

Hi,

My son is playing KSP Enhanced Edition on PS4 (with the Breaking Ground DLC) in Career Mode.

He's now unable to load any of the ship's he's saved through the 'load ship' dialogue box in the VAB. The green progress bar at the bottom of the dialogue box freezes at about 80% complete and the dialogue box then becomes unresponsive to any controller input except quit. The old ships can all be loaded on the launch pad and new ships can be created and added to the save list in the VAB (but not opened again once saved).

Reverting to a previous save does not fix the problem. The bug only occurs with this one career.

Is there any fix for this short of starting a new career?

Thanks for any help

Edited by Kerbdad
Privacy

Yes, but there's a catch.  What's happening is that one of the ship files became corrupted somehow.  The progress bar is getting stuck while the game attempts to load the corrupted ship.  If you look at the list on the launch pad, or runway, all the ships will be present except for the one in question.  And that's the catch.  Because the fix is to overwrite the corrupted ship file by saving a ship with the exact same name in its place.  Unless you or your son happen to know what that is, I'm afraid I can't be of further assistance.

I had this same problem happen just several days ago, and once I realized what was happening, that's how I ended up fixing it.

Edited by Demordrah
Because I can't spell :p

Thanks for the answer ! Will give it a try, although he's got a long ship list so may take a while. He's also started a new career game and is almost up to where he lost the last one so it' s maybe less urgent now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.