Pan up and down in launch mode

Nothing exactly like in the VAB but

1) you can "Aim camera" from the right--click menu so that the camera is centered on that part; select again to toggle back to centering the view on the CoM

2) you can pan the camera aiming with hold-middle-mouse-button and drag, then a double-middle-click resets the aiming to the CoM or the part chosen as above (see KSPedia under mouse controls).

I guess the first one will be more useful for what you want --- and hope someone else knows an even easier way.

17 hours ago, OHara said:

Nothing exactly like in the VAB but

1) you can "Aim camera" from the right--click menu so that the camera is centered on that part; select again to toggle back to centering the view on the CoM

2) you can pan the camera aiming with hold-middle-mouse-button and drag, then a double-middle-click resets the aiming to the CoM or the part chosen as above (see KSPedia under mouse controls).

I guess the first one will be more useful for what you want --- and hope someone else knows an even easier way.

When you say "right click menu" what do you mean? If I right click, I get nothing.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:50 PM, OHara said:

Right mouse-click with the pointer over a part.  I see it called the Part Action Window (PAW) in this forum, but the KSPedia just says right button click md8mmQe.jpg

Hmm.. that's strange. I don't get that menu if I right mouse click over a part. 

I am on 1.9.1

However, I can seem to move the viewpoint a bit by holding down the mousewheel as a button and moving the mouse. Thanks for that!

Edited by KrisKelvin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.