Geiger Counter

eatU4myT

Which mods add a Geiger counter? Its one I used to use in 1.6, but now I've come back I can't find it. I thought it was Probes Plus! but it doesn't seem to be. Does BDB have one? Google suggests FASA has one, but I've never used it so that's not the one I'm thinking of.

13 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

Blue Dog Has a standalone geiger counter part. It also has the geiger counter experiment available on a few other parts that have a historical analog. 

Perfect, thanks. I love the BDB stuff, but haven't got a good enough system to be able to run with all the parts I'd like, so I haven't installed it this time round. Will have to try to cherry pick some bits though!

On 6/29/2020 at 4:15 PM, eatU4myT said:

Perfect, thanks. I love the BDB stuff, but haven't got a good enough system to be able to run with all the parts I'd like, so I haven't installed it this time round. Will have to try to cherry pick some bits though!

If you go into Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Parts, you should be able to delete folders for parts you don't want. A lot of people only use a portion of the mod in a given playthrough. :)

On 7/5/2020 at 6:37 PM, CobaltWolf said:

...delete folders for parts you don't want...

Yep, that's what I have done. I've mostly kept the science parts, and the Gemini parts (I always feel this is missing in stock, you've got a sort of Mercury analogue and a sort of Apollo analogue)

Its off topic for the thread title, but since it's my thread anyway, can I ask:

1) What am I missing with the engine plates, to get them to put a shroud over the whole cluster of engines I've attached?

2) It's only really an early game thing, but is the Telstar antenna a bit too good to be true? A light, cheap, small relay that gets you all the way to Minmus?

3) What are the actual steps to get an interstage fairing to work? I can never seem to get the top to fix on to anything.

Thanks in advance!

53 minutes ago, eatU4myT said:

Yep, that's what I have done. I've mostly kept the science parts, and the Gemini parts (I always feel this is missing in stock, you've got a sort of Mercury analogue and a sort of Apollo analogue)

Its off topic for the thread title, but since it's my thread anyway, can I ask:

1) What am I missing with the engine plates, to get them to put a shroud over the whole cluster of engines I've attached?

2) It's only really an early game thing, but is the Telstar antenna a bit too good to be true? A light, cheap, small relay that gets you all the way to Minmus?

3) What are the actual steps to get an interstage fairing to work? I can never seem to get the top to fix on to anything.

Thanks in advance!

Heck yeah it's your thread!

I think the answer to your first and last question is the same - The engine mounts connect to the top of the interstages. Think of the interstage like... a tall, hollow decoupler. And then all the engine mounts should have nodes (usually at the bottom of the rim that matches whatever size tank they go with) that the interstage pops on to. In the new update I'm working on, almost all the autoshrouds have been replaced with engine mount / interstage combinations. I personally like this system much more, since (in comparison to the stock engines, for example) it separates the mount/tankbutt, engine, and the shroud from each other, allowing them to be mix-and-matched in new ways :)

As for the Telstar antenna, I don't know (I'm not super involved in the balance side of the mod, I mostly make the parts) but I know that part has been redone in the current development build so the balance was probably reexamined.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.