Margo Kerman

St4rdust

A fervent board-game player and a total space nerd, Margo is the newest recruit in the KSC. She became interested in computers and space at a very young age, being inspired by the feats of famous Kerbal legends, such as Valentina Kerman. She graduated in Computer Sciences and later obtained a Master’s Degree in Applied Geospatial Sciences from KIT (Kerbin Institute of Technology). Soon after she was offered to join the most renowned Space Agency of all Kerbin, where she quickly stood out as a brilliant software engineer. Being also highly interested in science communication, Margo helps out teaching and educating visitors of the KSC.

margo-square.png

3 hours ago, St4rdust said:

A fervent board-game player and a total space nerd, Margo is the newest recruit in the KSC. She became interested in computers and space at a very young age, being inspired by the feats of famous Kerbal legends, such as Valentina Kerman. She graduated in Computer Sciences and later obtained a Master’s Degree in Applied Geospatial Sciences from KIT (Kerbin Institute of Technology). Soon after she was offered to join the most renowned Space Agency of all Kerbin, where she quickly stood out as a brilliant software engineer. Being also highly interested in science communication, Margo helps out teaching and educating visitors of the KSC.

Worldbuilding!

29 minutes ago, St4rdust said:

margo-square.png

It's great that the current @SQUAD photo renderers keep the eyeball imbalance,

but it is strange that:

1. even though every kerbal's left eye is smaller, and both framed lenses are the same size.
  2. spectacles are able to adhere to a face without balancing on a non existent nose... or ears?
  3. that Werner has the same problems. 

I find it quite charming to see such characters and their backstories, though be careful not to get our hopes up dear Squad - you probably know full well what a greedy bunch we can be and adding a "software engineer" might lead us to believe more intelligent or even semi autonomous probe cores are in the works! ;) 

Neat! Will she have some sort of role in career mode?

8 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

It's great that the current @SQUAD photo renderers keep the eyeball imbalance,

but it is strange that:

1. even though every kerbal's left eye is smaller, and both framed lenses are the same size.
  2. spectacles are able to adhere to a face without balancing on a non existent nose... or ears?
  3. that Werner has the same problems. 

my friend, what causes the glasses to hover is a simply trick...

Just sacrifice a couple kerbonauts to the Kraken and he will do you a favor!

in this case, cause glasses to hover 

*cue x-files theme*

Edited by Lewie

1 hour ago, St4rdust said:

Applied Geospatial Sciences from KIT (Kerbin Institute of Technology)

Ah if only there was a building on Kerbin that she could go to... Must be some online school

And since there are no homes on Kerbal probably outside too

42 minutes ago, theJesuit said:
  • even though every kerbal's left eye is smaller, and both framed lenses are the same size.
  • spectacles are able to adhere to a face without balancing on a non existent nose... or ears?

Why!?   Now I can't unsee that. 

*makes timeout sign* HOL UP. Do y'all realize this is the first post we've ever received in a format like this in an official manner? This means either a, they're introducing a new team member to the devs, or b, they're teasing a new class of kerbonaut (along with a possible expansion of the OG 4 to however many)?!?

That said, I'm probably just looking too far into this :P

1 hour ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

*makes timeout sign* HOL UP. Do y'all realize this is the first post we've ever received in a format like this in an official manner? This means either a, they're introducing a new team member to the devs, or b, they're teasing a new class of kerbonaut (along with a possible expansion of the OG 4 to however many)?!?

That said, I'm probably just looking too far into this :P

Well, Squad isn't Scott Cawthon, so maybe there isn't some huge meaning to this...

BUT

you're right, to have @St4rdust make a formal announcement has to mean it is important. 

Also, has anyone noticed her hair? It's not the stander ponytail. 

@SQUAD, in between her hair and Bob with glasses (it was confirmed that it was indeed Bob) AND with the new suit customize, is a kerbal kustomizer going to be unveiled in an upcoming update? 

I don't know, but hey that's just a theory.....

A KERBAL THEORY

(I'm sorry, I had to do it)

Edited by Lewie

25 minutes ago, ioresult said:

Programmable probes! Onboard computers! Command queues! Safe mode! PID loops! Are you guys integrating KOS? Woohoo!

OMK [Oh my Kraken] intergrating kOS would be very, very cool.

7 hours ago, Lewie said:

Neat! Will she have some sort of role in career mode?

my friend, what causes the glasses to hover is a simply trick...

Just sacrifice a couple kerbonauts to the Kraken and he will do you a favor!

in this case, cause glasses to hover 

*cue x-files theme*

Nah nothing so sinister, just used struts. They are made unobtainium with invisible gaffer tape at the ends, the same invisible gaffer tape that kerbals build settlements from to avoid being spotted and devoured by the Kraken untill their space program was ready to challenge it

I just saw the preview of 1.10 on Scott Manley and Shadowzone's youtube channel, the new Rosetta and BepiColombo missions feature some "trivia" boxes during the mission. There were some other Kerbals (Linus for example) explaining scientific stuff.

I suppose Margo will be in these boxes instead. This is a nice addition!