Margo Kerman

St4rdust

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/29/2020 at 2:02 PM, St4rdust said:

A fervent board-game player and a total space nerd, Margo is the newest recruit in the KSC. She became interested in computers and space at a very young age, being inspired by the feats of famous Kerbal legends, such as Valentina Kerman. She graduated in Computer Sciences and later obtained a Master’s Degree in Applied Geospatial Sciences from KIT (Kerbin Institute of Technology). Soon after she was offered to join the most renowned Space Agency of all Kerbin, where she quickly stood out as a brilliant software engineer. Being also highly interested in science communication, Margo helps out teaching and educating visitors of the KSC.

margo-square.png

Hi. Margo. I sent jeb and Bill to the Mun. I would also say your hero Valentina Kerman is on the Mun. She is at her Mun house. Retired there.

Edited by Dr. Kerbal
FOr my save file though!

On 7/18/2020 at 7:33 PM, schwank said:

Can the devs clarify what this actually is

Until further clarification/notice, I'll have to assume it's mango

mango-Depositphotos_57025581_original-73

EDIT: as mentioned earlier, I find it hard to believe that:  

On 6/29/2020 at 11:02 PM, St4rdust said:

She graduated in Computer Sciences and later obtained a Master’s Degree in Applied Geospatial Sciences

and then  

On 6/29/2020 at 11:02 PM, St4rdust said:

Margo helps out teaching and educating visitors of the KSC

A highly qualified scientist/engineer, top of the top, doing a student semester break job? Seriously?

And no further official information yet, as per my knowledge.

I feel sorry for her, would like to welcome her in my cosmonauts team, we're currently en route to Eeloo, the Jool system, and awaiting transfer windows to return from Duna and Dres.

How does that sound, Margo, interested? A little change from wasting time as visitor's guide, ain't it?

Tell you what, Margo: I'll see if you show up at my recruitment center, and if so, you'll be welcome to be part of the team. :)

Might take a moment, but next transfer window outgoing is to Duna, want to go there with your fellow cosmonauts? Or maybe Eve? (though that will require a little more patience, transfer windows, you know...)

Edited by VoidSquid

Oh c'mon, Margo... a little haircut, contact lenses? It's not that bad, is it?

Seriously: Glasses are a little dangerous, high-g, you know that. And getting your hair into your eyes, blinding you? Can't have that during a critical time like launching, landing, can we?

You do want to go to space? No?

Kerbal-Space-Program-2020-10-14-15-54-41

Edited by VoidSquid

Don't worry, Fredlin is a very experienced pilot, he'll get you to Mün and back. Margo, please listen: you really need some real experience, university and visitors guide is fine, true, but RL experience is truly something different.

Besides, our scientists recently discovered that there is another unknown to us: magnet fields. You're part of the team now, we think you're more than qualified to help us with that, yes?

Kerbal-Space-Program-2020-10-14-16-12-13

Ready? Let's launch then!

Edited by VoidSquid

See, already in orbit. Told you so, you can trust Fredlin.

Kerbal-Space-Program-2020-10-14-16-28-09

Now, check that Magnetometer. And then: let's go to Mün. Isn't it what you've be waiting for?

Your first EVA, Margo, did it like you'd done it a 1000 times, most excellent :) 

Kerbal-Space-Program-2020-10-14-16-33-46

Well, trying not to bore your other fellow astronauts/cosmonauts/kerbonauts, how about we focus on your first Mün landing? Being a scientist, you know way better than the audience what is involved here.

--- time warp --- 

Edited by VoidSquid

Landed, congrats!

Kerbal-Space-Program-2020-10-14-17-17-00

I'd like to know, fellow astronauts/cosmonauts/kerbonauts:

What is YOUR story about Margo? Or your suggestions: what might be her next appointment?

EDIT; Besides, of course, Margo did safely return to Kerbin

Kerbal-Space-Program-2020-10-14-19-02-34

Edited by VoidSquid

• 2 weeks later...

Jeb: Nice to meet you Margo Kerman, im Jebidiah Kerman and you were recently selected to go on a mission with the original four and i'll be the pilot!

Margo: *trembles in fear* uhh... please no i've heard about your  poor piloting skills. where is the flight director? gotta go bye...

Jeb: simulation – RavingLuhn " SO CRUEL!"

On 10/9/2020 at 7:02 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Hi. Margo. I sent jeb and Bill to the Mun. I would also say your hero Valentina Kerman is on the Mun. She is at her Mun house. Retired there.

totally did not abandon them because that's not something Dr. Kerbal would EVER do! and definetely did not happen because of lack of funds!

22 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Jeb: Nice to meet you Margo Kerman, im Jebidiah Kerman and you were recently selected to go on a mission with the original four and i'll be the pilot!

Margo: *trembles in fear* uhh... please no i've heard about your  poor piloting skills. where is the flight director? gotta go bye...

Jeb: simulation – RavingLuhn " SO CRUEL!"

totally did not abandon them because that's not something Dr. Kerbal would EVER do! and definetely did not happen because of lack of funds!

Um... Yes, Well. Valentina decide because I had extra funds. So it was viable. A con test was held a Valentina become the first Kerbal conlonist,

1 minute ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Um... Yes, Well. Valentina decide because I had extra funds. So it was viable. A con test was held a Valentina become the first Kerbal conlonist,

At first, i thought Jeb would have passed the con test for first colonizer but i guess his stupidity parameter kind of got in the way of his career and Valentina took the lead. Jeb and Val. are like Hotshot Pilots! wonder if they like each other?

2 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

At first, i thought Jeb would have passed the con test for first colonizer but i guess his stupidity parameter kind of got in the way of his career and Valentina took the lead. Jeb and Val. are like Hotshot Pilots! wonder if they like each other?

Jeb did something way cooler. He took a space ship without Persian and flew to all the planets in the Kerbal system. He planted a flag on each one and got to take lots of samples. There were lots of explosions. He made it bake while standing on a heat shield. He also came back with sunglassses. Still trying to figure that one out,