[1.11.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit RECOLORED (Version 1.3)

Invaderchaos

On 3/19/2021 at 2:22 AM, Mach_XXII said:

Possible to make this as a skin for the shuttle?d5tjbcq-0c066a56-6981-4047-a709-fd466003

that looks ''to cool to be made'' xD that would be amazing! even with just a recolor of a standart SS

3 minutes ago, cameronisher3 said:

could we get a variant without the TPS? would be perfect for recreating those orbiter derived space stations 

yeah, I think that would also be good for a Enterprise

14 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Is there any benefit to this colour scheme? It seems like it would have very poor thermal properties.

It just looks really cool. realistically it wouldn't be made because like you said that dark color isn't the best choice for thermal properties.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 2:00 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

Let’s not even get started on how For All Mankind has yet to explain how the Shuttle was made to work as a lunar-capable craft. I thought maybe they would have lunar missions use Saturn-Shuttle, but in the last episode it just looks like a typical STS stack.

Love the show but I hate how they’ve stopped showing the technical side of things.

IIRC the shuttle launches as normal, stops in LEO, refuels and then continues on to the moon. Whether or not that would actually be possible is another matter entirely, but I do believe that was the explanation (atleast it was mentioned for Buran, but I would assume that the Shuttles would do the same, minus Pathfinder because it had a nuke engine).

On 3/18/2021 at 6:22 PM, Mach_XXII said:

Possible to make this as a skin for the shuttle?d5tjbcq-0c066a56-6981-4047-a709-fd466003

I would love to see this as a skin. Its not super realistic, but I love the colour scheme either way. Im hoping SOCK gets Block II one day aswell...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey! I know it's been a while so thought I'd come back and try to bring some life back into this thread

main_1200.jpg

Would it be possible for us to see a variant with burnt thermal blankets, it would be cool to see. I'm doing my own space shuttle program and would like to see my orbiters weathered :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Oof! This is old. Sorry to bother you so much!
But it appears your missing just 1 slight texture!
The tail for the Enteprise, there is no Texture Variant for the tail of the ship. Heres an offical image:
260px-Enterprise_free_flight.jpg
Not to overwork you or anything, but seeing that rear-end part would also be delightful.

But yeah, atleast adding the Enterprise tail would be great, or, if its possible, remaking the whole texture scheme for the enterprise. Including:
Emergency hatch
Tail
Wings (they are gray - not black)
And maybe adding a nameplate option for the cargo bay rather than the front.

You don't have to do this, it'd just be cool to see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/12/2021 at 9:57 PM, Jacktical said:

Hey! I know it's been a while so thought I'd come back and try to bring some life back into this thread

main_1200.jpg

Would it be possible for us to see a variant with burnt thermal blankets, it would be cool to see. I'm doing my own space shuttle program and would like to see my orbiters weathered :) 

The brand new SOCK Repainted has that

On 7/4/2022 at 5:39 PM, chaos113 said:

its not sock but i know of a sock based mod making a shuttle block 2

I kit bashed a shuttle with wing strakes. and its not actually the hardest thing to kitbash wing strakes for the shuttle as long as you have a steady hand with your mouse and know how to use offset tools precisely. been thinking about recording a tutorial for stuff like that at some point so people can learn some of the tricks I know regarding the offset tool and the quirks it has.