Kerbal Space Program 1.10: "Shared Horizons” Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

2 hours ago, dok_377 said:

Looks like you guys packed some different language on the alpha channel of some fairing base textures. I think it might be french. 

A bug report would be great for that one if you don't mind.

26 minutes ago, Vee said:

Loving the update! I did notice though that the new ESA color variant doesn't work with the smallest 2.5m tank. 

I don't think it got one. IIRC only the X200-16 and X200-32 tanks got the ESA variants. The X200-8 (the smallest 2.5m tank) and the Jumbo-64 (the biggest one) didn't get them.

The game crashes when you leave spheres of influence

My preformence is also cut in half.

without all my 1.8 visual mods

We desperately need 1.10.1

Great update tho, just needs some urgent bugfixes.

Tested it again, it always crashes when you change soi's.

Did more testing: so I but only happens to craft with sentinels.

Also when you close the game it glitches windows, forcing you would to power off your pc.

Edited by catloaf

35 minutes ago, Artichokes said:

It seems after updating to 1.10 there is no longer the option to open the service bay doors on the Mk2 Lander Can.

I'm also seeing the same. It looks like the open option has disappeared from action groups as well.

Haven’t given it a spin yet, but...

So many fixes! :o :wub:

Especially the mirror symmetry fixes are HUGELY appreciated! I was afraid you guys wouldn’t revisit those, so thank you very very much! :D 

Edited by Jognt

54 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I don't think it got one. IIRC only the X200-16 and X200-32 tanks got the ESA variants. The X200-8 (the smallest 2.5m tank) and the Jumbo-64 (the biggest one) didn't get them.

Interesting. Just not entirely sure why some smaller tanks don't have the color variants.

Just did the Rosetta mission. The mission works well,  and the texture for the comet surface looks nice! My computer started lagging though as soon as the comet's tail started to render when the comet got closer to the sun- the particle count on that tail is too high. Is there a setting to reduce that, or if that isn't already an option, could you add that in the future?

1 hour ago, Firecowbruh said:

Now we're all waiting for a spaceX - Ksp collaboration :D

They did propose a spacex spacesuit for the kerbals just before the dm-2 launch. I suspect it was scrapped as we now have easier suit customisation anyways. (btw, I'd love a spacex-ksp collaboration as well)

I hope 1.10.1 Comes with an option to toggle comet tails off once in physics distance - the framerate tanks hard very close to a comet, so putting large ships up there is asking for disaster.

Also, is there a way to preserver the pieces of a comet once it passes through atmosphere? We could split up a comet into pieces and use one of those as a cool refuelling station.

4 hours ago, Firecowbruh said:

Now we're all waiting for a spaceX - Ksp collaboration :D

Elon Musk plays ksp, actually.....

Knowing him, any ideas he would have for a ksp/space x collab would be amazing.

13 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Kerbal Space Program 1.10: Shared Horizons is now available

Congrats on the nominal launch!  Looking forwad to verifying the orbit myself later ;)

Remember everybody: Back up your saves, ESPECIALLY if you play modded, before upgrading!  Ideally you should keep your "active" game completely separate from where you download updates (whether through Steam, Gog, etc). That way if an update breaks stuff, you still have the old version to play with while you figure out what broke and why.

52 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

I hope 1.10.1 Comes with an option to toggle comet tails off once in physics distance - the framerate tanks hard very close to a comet, so putting large ships up there is asking for disaster.

Also, is there a way to preserver the pieces of a comet once it passes through atmosphere? We could split up a comet into pieces and use one of those as a cool refuelling station.

Each fragment is its own comet when it breaks up, so yes they will stay - if you can catch and get it into an orbit after it skips through the atmos :)

For those with MH you can create em down to class A size for super tiny ones