Threads of the Month: July!

Dman979

99LNx5b.png?1

Happy Canada Day, everyone! With time still having no meaning, let's take a second- or hour, or minute- to reflect on Canada's contribution to spaceflight. There's the Canadarm, the Candarm2 (Electric Boogaloo), and Chris Hatfield's mustache. Canada was the third country to construct an artificial satellite! And did we mention that @Red Iron Crown is from Canada, eh?

Moving swiftly on, our first thread is @AG-cs' Little House of nightmares. The ships are cool, but the planet textures creep me out!

Speaking of planets, @prestja has updated a fork of Kopernicus so it's compatible with KSP 1.9.1. This is a great service to the community!

The forum rules require all posts outside the International Subforums to be in English, but it's not everyone's first language. If you learned English as a second language, @MarsBy2024OrBust invites you to share how you learned it!

Covid-19 has put a halt to most air travel on Earth, but thankfully there are no cases on Kerbin yet. @HolidayTheLeek is looking for passenger airliners. Are you the next Paul Priestman?

TOTM badges? We don't need no stinking TOTM badges! Not when @cineboxandrew has decals, instead. Now with 29% less treasure from the Sierra Madres! (Note: TOTM badges are still available, and do not smell.)

Finally, @Rocketscience101 took indoor confinement to the extreme. Over the course of a day and a half, he went to the Mun in real time, using only IVA view. Bravo, and well done!

A big thanks to this month's nomination committee: @DeltaDizzy, @EchoLima, @Just Jim, @Poodmund, @Nightside, @Servo, and @woeller.

And, as always, thank you to @adsii1970 for making this month's badge! Feel free to wear it in your signature with pride.

Great choices eh! Oh, and I'm Canadian too eh! And I had RIC pegged as Canadian ages ago eh! There's a bunch of other Canucks here too eh!

And Canada will also be building Canadarm3 eh!:

Spoiler

And Canadians of a certain vintage like myself got a huge kick out of Bob and Doug getting launched on F9. But it wasn't our favorite hosers getting launched...

Spoiler

34imms.jpg

E: whooops. Meant to add Happy Canada Day Eh!!!

Edited by StrandedonEarth

On 7/1/2020 at 8:51 PM, Dman979 said:

Chris Hatfield's mustache.

YES!

On 7/2/2020 at 3:14 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

Rumors of my Canadianness are completely unexaggerated. 

that's disappointing.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:51 PM, MarsBy2024OrBust said:

I woke up to this morning and saw that my thread got featured.

<snip>

AMAZING MEME!

Oh, and congrats to all of you lucky winners for TOTM!

Edited by Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

On 7/1/2020 at 9:18 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

Canada will also be building Canadarm3 eh!

[insert obligatory beer joke here]

Like I wanna know, can ya use it 'open a beer?
and can ya use it t'hold th'beer an' drink it?

Oh take off!

'Cuz I figure if it's made in Canada, eh?
That ya can do that.
[pop] [fizzz] [pop] [fizz]

There's like, no gravity eh?
Th'beer jus' goes flyin' up.

Well then ya jus' hold her head above it, eh?

And how about this?

Spoiler

(The truth about the first Mun landing!)

On 7/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, Dman979 said:

and Chris Hatfield's mustache

I've spent a week waiting for somebody to point out the misspelling here, and now I'm worried that it's actually some sort of forum in-joke that I've managed to miss out on.

But, to be fair, Mr. Hadfield does rock a good hat.

Chris+Hadfield.JPG

On 7/8/2020 at 11:29 PM, stibbons said:

I've spent a week waiting for somebody to point out the misspelling here, and now I'm worried that it's actually some sort of forum in-joke that I've managed to miss out on.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:22 AM, Vanamonde said:

I told him about that. I thought he fixed it. :/

I don't make mistakes, so there was nothing to fix. He changed his name from Hadfield to Hatfield when I posted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.