KSP 1.10 Custom Flag Decal Showcase

KSP Custom Flag Decal Showcase

Hello Kerbonauts! In the latest KSP 1.10 update, a new decoration item was added to make our rockets, planes, cars, boats ect. look better. This new part is a flag decal! VmhhYq2.png

With these new parts in hand, I believe that the kerbal community can truly make great looking craft with custom flags, specifically with the transparent background variant. When you select a flag for these decals you can use a custom made one from your KSP folder, this allows for almost infinite texture possibilities for all tank sizes . So, with that in mind this post will be a spot for people to share links to custom flags they made for windows, interstates, panels, and much much more.

In the comments please post links to the flag if you feel like sharing it, a list will be made below

Flag Decals: 

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

List of flag decals:

None For Now

Something I thought of almost immediately about these flags is that they'll allow us to add certain design details we never would have been able to do before. For example, someone could make a flag texture that looks like a window, and use that to make things like custom cockpits or. Can't wait for people to come up with more ideas like this!

I applaud the effort for a much needed/wanted feature. Sincerely. It's always nice when developers listen to players.

The new decals are appreciated, don't misunderstand me, and for players who don't like/use mods, they're far far better than not having them - I would even say they are an amazing addition.

But the implementation of them is a little puzzling given that the following all perform at least the same functonality, and go much further than the stock ones:

My first thoughts were of some of the plaques NASA has adorned things with over the years.  Pioneer’s plaque, the Voyager’s golden records, the various Apollo LEM plaques etc.  A little history pack of stuff like that would be great.   You could include it in... wait for it.... your History and Parts pack!  And really, this is the kind of polish I’d hope for in KSP2, where a flag update comes, and you know, comes with new flags too.   We never got a flag with the Making History logos, nor the Breaking Ground ones, new parts manufactured under the same companies with the same logos and same graphics from 8+ years ago.  This is the kind of polish I miss in KSP.  

On 7/2/2020 at 6:57 PM, Yellowburn10 said:

Something I thought of almost immediately about these flags is that they'll allow us to add certain design details we never would have been able to do before. For example, someone could make a flag texture that looks like a window, and use that to make things like custom cockpits or. Can't wait for people to come up with more ideas like this!

And if youre making a fighter, then that one military flag that I cant find and want for my F-117 replica!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.