KSP2 Team looking for a Graphics Software Engineer

Hello! This is Paul Furio, the Senior Manager of Engineering at Intercept Games. We're well underway developing Kerbal Space Program 2, the followup to the smash orbital physics hit game developed by Squad. We're looking for a talented engineer with graphics expertise who can help us bring the visual polish to the next level, across a variety of platforms. If you consider yourself a GPU Shader expert, have experience shipping games on desktop and consoles, are a team player, and are interested in working with cutting edge technology, we'd love to speak with you! Apply today online!

On 7/2/2020 at 10:39 AM, KerbalChiefEngineer said:

the smash orbital physics hit game developed by Squad.

I don't think I've heard of it.

Sarcasm aside, good luck with the search. It seems like there's a fair bit of talent hanging around this area of the forums, but whether or not they're from here I hope you find someone brilliant and treat them well.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:39 PM, KerbalChiefEngineer said:

... have experience shipping games on desktop and consoles...

The issue I think with posting this on a forum where hobbyist mod developers post their work is that 99% of the hobbyist mod devs here are exactly that, amateurs. Even though a good handful of the community would be great fits for some of the listed roles over at Intercept they may not have any professional experience although they have had years of experience producing amazing content here for KSP and other games at an amateur level. I hope you appreciate this when considering the applications from the great members of this forum who have no doubt expressed their interest.

- A humble plea from an invested member of this great community

Aw dang. I call myself a graphics software engineer and got all excited to see this thread just now but I lack that 7 years' experience your application demands. I've made a bunch of stuff independently (not to advertise but I had a good run recently with a real-time black hole / wormhole shader on the Unity Asset Store) but have yet to ever be hired for professional work. I can apply anyway if any of the staff see this and think it's a good idea...

On 7/9/2020 at 12:12 PM, problemecium said:

Aw dang. I call myself a graphics software engineer and got all excited to see this thread just now but I lack that 7 years' experience your application demands. I've made a bunch of stuff independently (not to advertise but I had a good run recently with a real-time black hole / wormhole shader on the Unity Asset Store) but have yet to ever be hired for professional work. I can apply anyway if any of the staff see this and think it's a good idea...

A job posting is just a wish list, don’t worry too much about the specifics. They may also have entry level roles that they are too busy to post.
But don’t wait for permission, just go for it. Worst case scenario, you updated your resume. Maybe you get feedback or an interview, it’s all a chance to experience something new.

I already did actually. I felt kind of stupid after my earlier post thinking it'd come across as "oh, my time is so valuable, but I suppose I could deign to apply for your little job posting if you beg me hard enough" like I'm some kind of tsundere anime heroine. The truth is my time is worthless and working on KSP 2 would be a dream come true even if it's a tiny role and I get paid nothing because I'm just an intern.

• 6 months later...